• Manager Profile Pic

littledragon84
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

Hello,

Think this might be a known issue but players can't add their picture into the game. In my new save I tried using the new ID number for my profile and renaming my pic with that ID and uploading the pic into my graphics folder but my picture still isn't showing,

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Il y a 21 heures, gggfunk a dit :

It may seem as an irrelevant issue, but impossibility to have manager's picture stops me from starting my save :( really hope this will be fixed

Same thing for me :(

• SI Staff
    On 10/03/2022 at 15:17, littledragon84 said:

Just out of curiosity how come it worked prior to the update? Has something changed in the game that no longer allows a player to use their own face in the game?

It's the nature of software ultimately, a change in one area can have an unintended consequence elsewhere. Changes in one area of the games code may necessitate changes in another area and so on. I don't have the specifics myself as I'm not a developer on the game, but rather its a loose bit of information on the kind of ways issues can arise. 

It would be an absolute dream scenario to be in a situation where X works fine, we never need to worry about that again no matter what we change. 

I got the same issue. Usually, software development should have a tester. It's been 16 days without an update. We pay to play.
    I don't want to play with a scary picture as my profile picture.

17 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

It's the nature of software ultimately, a change in one area can have an unintended consequence elsewhere. Changes in one area of the games code may necessitate changes in another area and so on. I don't have the specifics myself as I'm not a developer on the game, but rather its a loose bit of information on the kind of ways issues can arise. 

It would be an absolute dream scenario to be in a situation where X works fine, we never need to worry about that again no matter what we change. 

Yeah no problem I understand what you mean. Hopefully it can be fixed because looking at facegen or whatever it is called looks terrible. 

On 09/03/2022 at 21:03, gggfunk said:

It may seem as an irrelevant issue, but impossibility to have manager's picture stops me from starting my save :( really hope this will be fixed

True that!

• Administrators
    4 hours ago, Viroosky said:

when will it be fixed?

We can't give a specific date or timeframe, but in years gone by we usually have a second part to the Winter Update which rounds off the remainder of the transfer updates. We're doing what we can to have it included in that. :)

11 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We can't give a specific date or timeframe, but in years gone by we usually have a second part to the Winter Update which rounds off the remainder of the transfer updates. We're doing what we can to have it included in that. :)

I know it's not up to you specifically, but that laissez faire attitude really disappoints me. It's a pretty big bug, and to be like "we'll 'prolly fix it in the next transfer-update" is so disrespectful tbh. At that point the bug will have been affecting new save-games for a month! 

This is not some hobby-project. We paid money for this game!

Edited by Zulle89
    *new save-games

While I appreciate it takes time to fix these things, without being as rude as the others have been, I have to say what may seem like  a very minor gripe is actually a huge issue. Starting a game and having the bloody awful regen style face for your manager takes you right out of the immersion before you've even begun.

58 minutes ago, LegionXII said:

While I appreciate it takes time to fix these things, without being as rude as the others have been, I have to say what may seem like  a very minor gripe is actually a huge issue. Starting a game and having the bloody awful regen style face for your manager takes you right out of the immersion before you've even begun.

100% agree. It looks terrible like an image you'd get playing a Sega Mega Drive (showing my age here) game. I wouldn't have thought it would be a difficult fix considering we all could use our own profile pic beforehand. 

At least make it possible to use unique ID for the profile png. I think most of us, are able to locate the profile ID, create the xml and point the png to the ID. Problem is that this doesnt work!!!

Edited by hr.geisler

1 hour ago, hr.geisler said:

At least make it possible to use unique ID for the profile png. I think most of us, are able to locate the profile ID, create the xml and point the png to the ID. Problem is that this doesnt work!!!

Yeah that would make sense but we can only see what they come up with.

I've been playing this game since CM1997/1998, my only request. Could you please develop a new generate player face to make it better?

We are addicted to the realism from the games you make. Unrealism spoils the feeling.

Okay, I can turn it off anyway. But for now let's fix this issue first. I hope we can update within this month.

The only problem with this game is the lack of competitors.

Exactly. For those who like to create their own football world in FM and play realistically, not being able to put the manager's picture is really a deal breaker.

Guys, first I'm sorry for my bad English. But I found a way to put the photo in the manager.

1 - When creating a manager, in the part of putting the information, just skip to the team choice.

2 - When the teams appear, go to preferences and put the photo of your manager.

3 - After it has loaded, go back on the upper left button to put information about the manager. The name will likely be blank and other random information.

4 - Finally, put what you want and proceed to save the game.

I just created Erik ten Hag, at the wrong age, but it was a test.

It worked for me, I had to create an account here to share this information and I hope it helps you guys.

ETH.png

Edited by xande_nojosa

11 hours ago, xande_nojosa said:

Guys, first I'm sorry for my bad English. But I found a way to put the photo in the manager.

1 - When creating a manager, in the part of putting the information, just skip to the team choice.

2 - When the teams appear, go to preferences and put the photo of your manager.

3 - After it has loaded, go back on the upper left button to put information about the manager. The name will likely be blank and other random information.

4 - Finally, put what you want and proceed to save the game.

I just created Erik ten Hag, at the wrong age, but it was a test.

It worked for me, I had to create an account here to share this information and I hope it helps you guys.

ETH.png

It worked, you legend 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Following on from what Xande_nojosa wrote.

I play with Flut skin, I was unable to add a new manager and I deleted my profile. So what I did was reverted back to the normal skin and that allowed me to create a new profile after that it's a case of following the steps as Xande_Nojosa has put down. Once you pick your team and save then you can use whatever skin you used previously.