• Inconsistent League Standards?

Weston
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Quintiliano Francisco Lemos Filho agreed to be my Assistant Manager when I was managing a club in a league ranked 88th for reputation. Then, both of our contracts ran out at that club, and I was hired by a new club in a league ranked 64th. Now he refuses to reunite because we're not at a high level of competition.

Obviously he's not obligated to follow me to my next club (though it does seem odd that the players warm to me with "close" relationships very quickly and he shows no relationship to me after a year of working together), but this response seems inconsistent with what's happening in game. Is this working as intended, and he just changed his standards, or is there a bug of some sort?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

In terms of the point about a staff member not developing a favourable relationship. That's not always going to be guaranteed. A year certainly isn't that long and most loyal backrooms are built over a longer period. The QA team will take a look at why he doesn't wish to join and take it from there.

In general there seems to be a lot of inexplicable inconsistency with staff and what they're willing to do. Obviously people don't always act rationally or explicably in real life, but I'm not sure that's what's happening here. This adjacent issue is connected:

5 minutes ago, Weston said:

To that end, Cárdenas may be a smaller piece of a bigger problem - when I was a 1.5* club in a 88th rep competition I was able to hire high quality staff from around the world. Now that I've moved to a 2* club in a 33th rep comp, those same staff are all completely unwilling to move with me for a pay increase, except for him. Some say they aren't interested because of the level of competition, which seems like a clear bug, but some also say they don't want to move - but why would a Brazilian be fine with moving from Brazil to Latvia, but not from Latvia to Poland?

• SI Staff

In regards to the issue originally posted in this thread, do you happen to have a save game from before any of the staff in question signed for the Latvian club you were in charge of. It seems unrealistic for these staff members to be willing to join the Latvian club. 

Cheers,

Ben 

On 20/05/2022 at 05:45, Ben Kenney said:

In regards to the issue originally posted in this thread, do you happen to have a save game from before any of the staff in question signed for the Latvian club you were in charge of. It seems unrealistic for these staff members to be willing to join the Latvian club. 

Cheers,

Ben 

Yes, I think one of these.

image.png.a14a816b9c904c65dceea4d7b012fd84.png

Sorry for the slow reply, things got busy and I had to stop playing for a few months!