• Issues with assigning coaches and hiring coaches for CF Montreal B Team in MLS

crimson_basser
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

I'm playing as CF Montreal in the MLS.

My first issue is that its impossible to hire a coach (and staff in general) for the B team. No one wants the position, even if they're listed as a realistic option for the B team in the staff search. It doesn't seem to be a question of salary, I've found coaches willing to work in the salary range approved by the board, but they wont accept any position other than first team.

Second issue is that none of the existing first team coaches are available as options for coaching assignments for the B team, however, any coach I hired after starting as manager can be assigned to coach the B team. So at the moment I only have 2 first coaches assigned to training.

Lastly, since none of the leagues below MLS actually exist in the game, despite my B team being registered in a competition, they dont have any games on the schedule aside from friendlies that I organize. My understanding is that friendlies will do little to nothing to help in the development of younger players. Does this apply mostly to players over 18, or younger as well? CF Montreal has several 17 year olds signed on reserve contracts, will playing B team friendlies not help in their development? It's not always possible to find interested clubs willing to loan all my young players who I do not want in the senior squad.

I guess my final question is what it the use of the B team other than store a few extra players in case of injury that cannot be registered in the MLS to avoid losing them to waivers? If I cant hire or assign half decent coaches or play anything other than friendlies, I might as well ship off as many young players who wont make the team on loans as I can and lose control over their development even though CF Montreal have quite a strong youth development system IRL. Just can't seem to re create that in the game at the moment, which I would really love to do for a long term save!

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-03-09 165021.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-09 164317.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Could you provide a save file for us to investigate from, please? :)

Just uploaded it to the cloud! Should be titled " Tootsie Pop - CF Montreal 2022 "