• Local Council Block Stadium Expansion

Smoo
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Board agrees to expand stadium, local council blocks the expansion. 4 Years a row in the beta, 2nd season in a row since full release. Tested with Chelsea too, board agreed, local council blocked again.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It's happened to me for +5 seasons in a row. Please fix this or give advice on how to deal with it.

It does kill the immersion a lot when your stadium can't be expanded despite rich finances and full house each and every weekend.

Also the board won't allow a new stadium either, as "we have plenty of space to grow in our current location" - that is of course true, if the local council hadn't blocked it constantly.

Okay, I am now on my 10th try and it's the same message. They even pad themselfes on the back each year. If i buy the editor, can I then edit an ongoing save?
    image.png.68c506aaff9233ef74f1620c52f0dd79.png

• Administrators

In some instances dependent on the area the club is based in, the likelihood of being able to get an expansion of the stadium is extremely unlikely. Just because you have a lot of money and a sold out stadium isn't a guarantee the expansion can happen - some of the areas the stadiums are based are extremely limited in real life and this is reflected in game.

In some instances your best option would be to request a new stadium on a different site. - agree that the board rejecting this by then saying "we have plenty of space to grow in our current location" is definitely misleading, so if you have an example of a save which shows that would be helpful to see it - ideally from a point where the council has rejected an expansion multiple times and you get that response when requesting a stadium move. If you do have the save, upload it and let us know the file name - details on how to do so here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

There are some issues here in relation to how this information is displayed to the manager - as stated in the opening post it doesn't appear correctly on all screens so that's being investigated by the team. Also does seem a little bit unrealistic that a manager can keep requesting something when it's highly unlikely to be able to happen, so that's something that we can look at for a future version to try and make clearer and more user friendly.

However one thing to clarify, the logic on why these expansions are being rejected is sound, but we do agree how it's presented back and the reasoning behind the board rejecting a potential stadium move is misleading.

• Administrators
    On 10/01/2022 at 06:54, Thrane87 said:

Any update on this? Can I change it via the editor?

Yes, stadium capacity, names and even seat colour can all be changed via both the pre-game and in-game editors. 

10 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

In some instances dependent on the area the club is based in, the likelihood of being able to get an expansion of the stadium is extremely unlikely. Just because you have a lot of money and a sold out stadium isn't a guarantee the expansion can happen - some of the areas the stadiums are based are extremely limited in real life and this is reflected in game.

In some instances your best option would be to request a new stadium on a different site. - agree that the board rejecting this by then saying "we have plenty of space to grow in our current location" is definitely misleading, so if you have an example of a save which shows that would be helpful to see it - ideally from a point where the council has rejected an expansion multiple times and you get that response when requesting a stadium move. If you do have the save, upload it and let us know the file name - details on how to do so here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

There are some issues here in relation to how this information is displayed to the manager - as stated in the opening post it doesn't appear correctly on all screens so that's being investigated by the team. Also does seem a little bit unrealistic that a manager can keep requesting something when it's highly unlikely to be able to happen, so that's something that we can look at for a future version to try and make clearer and more user friendly.

However one thing to clarify, the logic on why these expansions are being rejected is sound, but we do agree how it's presented back and the reasoning behind the board rejecting a potential stadium move is misleading.

That makes sense of course, that it could be difficult. it does highlight however that the stadium is capable of expansion to 42.000 seats (currently at 28.000 - Playing as Brøndby IF in Denmark), which is a bit weird if it's not physically possible to expand. 

I request a new stadium three times a year, for more than ten years. I've tried to request stadium expansions various times a year as well always with the same result. I get the rejection from the local council on expansion and I get rejected by the board for new stadiums due to us having enough space to grow in current location. I'll upload my current save as soon as I get the next stadium refusal, that should include +10 local board declines and many more new stadium refusals (sort of lost count at this point). 

I don't know if it's possible, but if you a looking at it, could you maybe also explain why sponsorships have decreased from a starting point of 50M DKK, to 42M DKK despite countless championships, trophys, a CHL final and raising the reputation to Continental?

Thank you for your reply on this, it's greatly appreciated!

• Administrators
    9 hours ago, Thrane87 said:

Just uploaded it, name is: dasdas.fm

Thanks for this, our team will take a look for both the stadium stuff and the sponsorships. 

• Administrators

Nothing further I'm afraid - once it's with the Dev team there wouldn't typically be an anything to report on until it's confirmed whether it's a part of the next game wide update. 

I realise it's frustrating, but I can only thank you for the patience you've shown so far and ask for more of the same in the meantime. 

• Administrators

I can't confirm any dates for planned updates, even if I myself do know them.

It adds unnecessary pressure to the Dev team when they may encounter unforeseen setbacks. 

Apologies, I'd love to be more transparent but it's out of my hands.