• My annual stadium bug issue

Robbie Hood
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

For the third year in a row it`s sad to have to report this bug. And let me be clear: I think FM22 is a fantastic game! The developers are doing a great job in the middle of a pandemic. I also understand that it`s impossible to improve on everything in the game at once.

But when Miles and the developers have been using the word "immersion" a lot in the build up to the game release, i feel i have to point out when the immersion is totally broken.

I am not expecting this to be fixed for FM22. I don`t even think it counts as a bug, more as intended design gone totally wrong. Save games can be uploaded if needed.

Look at this beautiful old stadium with a capacity of around 30.000 (with non functioning tv-screens...):

1250262445_Foreststadium.thumb.png.d6f2a019bee2424fcf613687aeed5be5.png

After waiting for a few years for a brand new stadium with a capacity of around 40:000, look at this monstrosity. Wide open corners and old school floodlight stands. Talk about breaking the immersion in the most important aspect of the whole game: the match day itself:

1875580511_BrandnewstadiumForest.thumb.png.c8611e894559d78fe8cc04378b9d7eef.png

And the same day that the stadium was completed i get the option to ask the board for a stadium expansion. What has happened to the planning of building the stadium when they build a brand new stadium and the immidiately afterwards realize that perhaps it would be a good idea to expand the stadium?

1896563486_Brandnewstadium-Expand.thumb.png.b2edaf35eb5f9e078d192a7acd197c72.png

Another weird thing about this is that my pitch dimensions are 97m x 66m. All the other pitches in the Premier League are 105m x 68m:

1167382782_Pitchdimension.thumb.png.7396fa71144eb5d2c70c43a776f0d4aa.png

For me to enjoy this game i will have to "cheat" and use the editor. I am just hoping that it works like before so that when i change the stadium capacity the appearance of the stadium also changes.
    In the 2 previous editions i have asked for a stadium expansion with the hope of the corners being filled in, but no, they only built higher stands.

So i totally understand that this will not be improved for FM22, but i have high hopes that FM23 will see big improvements for the stadiums :)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

What is the maximum pitch size your stadium can support @Robbie Hood and was it built while you were in the Premier League as the pitch size you've got may well be an issue. When it comes to the designs of stadiums and their representation in game, as with all graphical aspects there is going to be the intention for continued improvements. Not really something that can have a time frame put to it however.

12 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

What is the maximum pitch size your stadium can support @Robbie Hood and was it built while you were in the Premier League as the pitch size you've got may well be an issue. When it comes to the designs of stadiums and their representation in game, as with all graphical aspects there is going to be the intention for continued improvements. Not really something that can have a time frame put to it however.

The stadium was built while being in the Premier League, but when entering the new season the pitch dimension was automatically adjusted to 105m x 68m.

I asked for the stadium to be expanded and after a year of planning i got this message:

1487107865_Localcouncilstadiumexpansionblocked.thumb.png.1e35f347e5316f0fe38797dfbd7a64de.png

I then asked the board again to expand the stadium and was told that the planning was to be completed 7/9/2029. Now the date is 2/10/2029 and nothing has happened:

1283143651_Expandstadium-Nothinghappens.thumb.png.408092c562e1166dbae54aebc2b1c0ab.png

I have uploaded 3 save games for different stages of my stadium issues:

• Stadium 3 - Expand stadium - Nothing happens.fm
    • Stadium 2 - Local council stadium expansion blocked.fm
    • Stadium 1 - Brand new stadium - Expansion already.fm

Just to update as this may help others who might have this same issue:

I did use the editor to change the stadium capacity for each home game to see how the stadium appearance would change. No matter what i set the capacity to, the corners would always be wide open, but this suddenly changed. I think the corners got filled in after i set the capacity to 120.000 or something similar and then went back to a capacity of around 48.000. So i am not 100% sure what actually made the corners being filled in but at least i can enjoy the game a lot more now when playing in this nice looking stadium:

1152486653_Newstadiumeditor.thumb.png.97aeedb39d24a3b4612e043deadab57e.png

• SI Staff

There are a few different areas to consider on this one but we've moved sections as it feels like it could come under a different teams remit but we are still investigating.