• Realistic sorting broken

Weston
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

I am sorting staff by only the ones that are realistic appointments, yet the vast, vast majority of people who appear are asking for 5-15x the max salary I can offer. These are not realistic targets, so they shouldn't be appearing.

On the other hand, there are staff that I have been able to sign quite easily and cheaply that do not appear in the search window, despite them being far more realistic.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

QA will take a look into this further, but its worth mentioning that realistic options have never considered the financial viability for your club. On transfers as a top level club you might see the likes of Mbappe, Haaland etc on the list, with no consideration as to whether you can currently afford their wages, their transfer fee and so on. The point about staff not appearing but being willing to sign could be something to look into but would need more information. 

12 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

QA will take a look into this further, but its worth mentioning that realistic options have never considered the financial viability for your club. On transfers as a top level club you might see the likes of Mbappe, Haaland etc on the list, with no consideration as to whether you can currently afford their wages, their transfer fee and so on.

It makes sense with players - if a player is willing to join you can move things around financially by selling other players, etc., to make it viable. But with staff, if a coach wants 300k and your max coach wage is 20k with an overall bank balance of 1m, it doesn't really matter if they'd be willing to take the step down for a huge paycheck, because it's literally impossible for you to provide it.

There are many times that players don't appear as realistic, because when you offer them a contract, it's red and says "I'm not interested because you lack the financial muscle." Staff should work the same way.

You could argue *anything* is realistic if the price is right, but if I have to spend an hour sifting through 100s of each staff role to find the 2 of each that are within 100k of my wage budget, then the feature is functionally near useless to me in its current state. Perhaps the issue lies with staff that want 300k thinking they're willing to work for a club of the stature that can only offer 20k in the first place.

12 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

The point about staff not appearing but being willing to sign could be something to look into but would need more information. 

As for the staff that are not appearing but willing to sign, one recent example that I can recall is Mario Alberto Cárdenas, who will not only entertain an offer, but asks for a fraction of the astronomically unfeasible wages that the staff showing up in the search request. I hired Cárdenas at my previous club, if that changes anything.

To that end, Cárdenas may be a smaller piece of a bigger problem - when I was a 1.5* club in a 88th rep competition I was able to hire high quality staff from around the world. Now that I've moved to a 2* club in a 33th rep comp, those same staff are all completely unwilling to move with me for a pay increase, except for him. Some say they aren't interested because of the level of competition, which seems like a clear bug, but some also say they don't want to move - but why would a Brazilian be fine with moving from Brazil to Latvia, but not from Latvia to Poland?

Edited by Weston