• Champions Cup registration - can't deselect players

sdx15
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

After playing in the 1st qualifying round and progressing to the 2nd qualifying round in the Champions Cup, I should be able to register my squad from scratch but the game only allows me to register new players. The Xs for the players I've registered for the 1st qualifying round are greyed out and this makes it impossible to make proper changes. (I have 4 slots available, but no club trained players to allocate them to.)

Here's a screenshot of the issue. I've also uploaded my save from a day before the registration is required.
    887862708_2021-11-21(1).thumb.png.e318ad38ca89b4e3b1016451b12a5fd8.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Hey @sdx15 have you had the prompt in your news items yet to register for the second qualifying round and its at this stage you're not able to change the players registered?

Yes, I accessed this screen from a news item and I “must respond.” :)

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

From memory, this has been like this for awhile now in FM - you can only make minor changes between qualifiers and "big" changes between stages (so when you qualify for the group stage or the eliminations). It's mentioned on the rule page that you can make a "maximum of 0 replacements".

Tagging @Freddie Sands to confirm there haven't been any CL rule changes lately.

Kind regards,

Vik

48 minutes ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

From memory, this has been like this for awhile now in FM - you can only make minor changes between qualifiers and "big" changes between stages (so when you qualify for the group stage or the eliminations). It's mentioned on the rule page that you can make a "maximum of 0 replacements".

Tagging @Freddie Sands to confirm there haven't been any CL rule changes lately.

Kind regards,

Vik

Hi Viktor, thanks for replying. I'm not sure that the CL registration was like this in FM20, but the UCL registration rules haven't changed in a while so this is either a bug or a wrongly implemented CL rule. You should be able to make "big" changes before the start of every qualifying round and then make "minor" changes 24 hours before the start of the first leg.

After checking the in-game rules, it seems that this is a combination of a bug and wrongly implemented rules.
    2021-11-23.thumb.png.3079d3c7a5146d8d1af89408baaa94a1.png

As you can see, the game usually allows you to register 25 players on Thursday before the start of each qualifying round and then make one additional change on a Monday, a day or two before the first leg of a given round is played. However, if you check the official UCL regulations for this season (https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Champions-League-2021/22/Article-45-Player-lists-Online), in paragraphs .07 and .08 of Article 45 you'll see that you should be able to register your squad from scratch for the preliminary round and each qualifying round. And after that, you should be able to swap not one but two players after the registration deadline.
    Furthermore, there is no registration deadline on Wed 23rd June and the deadline for the 1st qualifying round should be on Thu 1st July while the deadline on Monday should be the one that lets you swap two players on the already submitted player list. And the last deadline should be moved from Thu 19 Aug to Mon 16 Aug because the play-off starts on Tue 17 Aug.

As I've progressed in the game now, I can say that the same bug is happening on every Thursday deadline, all the Xs are always greyed out and you can't do anything.

Also, I don't know whether the same bug is present in the Europa League and Conference League qualifiers, but the rules in these competitions also allow for registering only one new player instead of two new players after the registration deadline for a given round has passed. You can find the regulations for these competitions on the link I've provided above.

Edited by sdx15