• Not using my (size and type appropriate) stadium in league matches

DavidTS
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

I'm playing in ligue 1 with Red Star FC. To meet ligue 1 requirements my team rented a stadium north of Paris, and then later to meet champions league requirements we played european games (only) at another stadium. 

The second stadium was larger so we bought that and developed it, but we did so after starting plans to build a new stadium. 

Despite owning the larger of the two stadiums, which is eligible for ligue 1 matches, we still play our home league games in the smaller stadium miles out of paris. 

The issue thus is:

* we arent using a stadium we own despite it meeting ligue 1 rules and being referred to as our stadium (our press conferences before matches are even there)

* the board wont contemplate building a new stadium because it looks like we fill 56% of what we currently have (it's always 98%+ full)

This feels like a bug. There doesnt seem to be a reason why we use a small stadium in the middle of nowhere  ffor home league matches when a ligue 1 eligible stadium is owned by the club. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Does sound very unusual - do you happen to have save games which show this? If you have one at your current period of time and any prior to the decision being made for you to play elsewhere (so say just before starting plans to build a new stadium) would be really useful to us.

Details on how to provide a save game can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

If you do upload any saves, please do remember to let us know the file name. Thanks. 

I have also been having this issue at Red Star FC. We currently rent the Stade Jean-Bouin in Paris (20k capacity) but, for the second season now, our home league games seem only to get played at the Stade Pierre Brisson in Beauvais, 85km away (10k capacity). We're in Ligue 1 and the UCL and consistently sold out the smaller stadium last season. I wonder if this is a club-specific issue?

I have uploaded it to the SI Cloud Service, as instructed in the link of the previous message. The save file is called Niall Massey - Red Star Stadium Issue.fm

Cheers, Niall

On 18/02/2022 at 09:58, Neil Brock said:

Does sound very unusual - do you happen to have save games which show this? If you have one at your current period of time and any prior to the decision being made for you to play elsewhere (so say just before starting plans to build a new stadium) would be really useful to us.

Details on how to provide a save game can be found here - 

If you do upload any saves, please do remember to let us know the file name. Thanks. 

• DavidTS Stadium Bug - Red Star.fm is the most recent save., uploaded.

Red star play elsewhere as soon as they break out the French National. Their home stadium doesnt meet the requirements of Ligue 2, so they borrow a stadium from somebody else. The problem is that even when they get a stadium that complies with Ligue 1/2 requirements, they continue to use the stadium they originally moved to, hence my teams home is a 25k stadium in Paris, and my teams home games in Ligue 1 are in a 10k stadium outside of it. 

On 20/02/2022 at 12:23, nmassey said:

I have also been having this issue at Red Star FC. We currently rent the Stade Jean-Bouin in Paris (20k capacity) but, for the second season now, our home league games seem only to get played at the Stade Pierre Brisson in Beauvais, 85km away (10k capacity). We're in Ligue 1 and the UCL and consistently sold out the smaller stadium last season. I wonder if this is a club-specific issue?

I have uploaded it to the SI Cloud Service, as instructed in the link of the previous message. The save file is called Niall Massey - Red Star Stadium Issue.fm

Cheers, Niall

This does look like the exact same problem. Very frustrating - there's enough financial issues in Ligue 1 without it!