• Team statistic "xG for opponent" not listing total number of conceded goals (instead only those conceded from certain kinds of set pieces)

Eckfahne
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Under "Teams detailed" there is statistic called "Expected Goals For Oppoments", which cumulates the xG for the opponent teams in all played matches. This value is followed by the number of games and then the number of goals condeded by corners and (in)direct free kicks - and this is the part I don't understand and think is buggy here. Wouldn't be the correct (or at least more useful figure) here to show the total scored goals instead or additionally? I just don't understand how a comparison of the xG drawn from all game situations vs. conceded goals only after certain kinds of set pieces makes any sense.

ExpectedGoalsAgainstOnlyGoalsFromVariousStandards.thumb.jpg.7f8f9c4475da7daf68bea1cb39d79610.jpg

---

I already filed a similar report for the "offensive variant" of this statistic, which got updated to "under review" - so that is why I wanted to go sure that you can check out this similar case as well.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      view the discussed statistic in any FM save after a league has progressed at least to after the first match day

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @Eckfahne sorry to hear you had been experiencing these issues. All Other Gameplay has been one of our busier sections so replies on our side are slower than we'd like. However, we have had a new minor update and I'm wondering if you can confirm whether or not this issue is still present in the game for you? If so, then I can look to move this to live game issues section. 

In addition to this, if it is still happening can you upload a save game that shows this is the case? A guide on how to upload files is available here:

Am 16.11.2021 um 22:37 schrieb Michael Sant:

Hey @Eckfahne sorry to hear you had been experiencing these issues. All Other Gameplay has been one of our busier sections so replies on our side are slower than we'd like. However, we have had a new minor update and I'm wondering if you can confirm whether or not this issue is still present in the game for you? If so, then I can look to move this to live game issues section. 

In addition to this, if it is still happening can you upload a save game that shows this is the case? A guide on how to upload files is available here:

@Michael Sant No problem with the late response - I'm glad that my report didn't get burried and you take the time respond and investigate :)

I checked my old save (started in beta) after the recent update and the problem with both the "offensive" and "defensive" team xG statitics persist (the xG value is compared to cumulated goals from certain set-pieces instead of total scored respectively conceded goals).

Just to be entirely sure that this isn't because of continuing a game from the beta, I started a tiny fresh new game. No files. As you can see from the screenshots, it is still not displaying the total goals I would expect. I loaded up a save called xGTeamStatisticsCompareXGOnlyWithSetPeaceGoals.fm to SI cloud service - the save is the one the pics below are taken from.

ExpectedGoalsForStillBroken.jpg

ExpectedGoalsAgainstStillBroken.jpg

Edited by Eckfahne