• Unrealistic Youth Player Contract Demands

SotK
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Since the end of the first season and the return of my loaned-out U23 squad members, a number of them have demanded ridiculous contracts and generally had ludicrously unrealistic expectations.

Notably:

• Brandon Williams demanded to leave after I offered him for loan because he thought he should be a first-team player.
    • Facundo Pellistri demanded a new contract, with his agent refusing to budge from "Regular Starter" playing time. There are 4 or 5 players in his position that are significantly better.
    • James Garner demanded a new contract, also refusing to budge from "Regular Starter" playing time. His coach report is a Championship level player, again there are 7 players better than him in his position.

I noticed in a staff meeting my coaches recommended taking Garner off the loan list "because he's one of our most important players", and my team leaders coming to me to demand I give him the contract he wants with no option for me to say "he's miles off the first team, his demands are ludicrous" was the final straw for me deciding that this is probably a bug.

garner.PNG

• Steps To Reproduce:
      - Load the save file I've included
      - Attempt to offer a new contract to James Garner (in the U23s)
      - See his ridiculous playing time demands

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

To add a bit more detail here, I locked in "Breakthrough Prospect" as the playing time and suggested that. The agent then countered with this deal with the dark orange "accept or we're stopping talks" speech bubble (didn't take a screenshot since I was expecting things to work fine). I accepted the suggestions and the agent then ended the talks because I failed to make an acceptable offer. Actually paying attention to these negotiations I realised that he'd ended talks and realised that this also happened yesterday when I was trying to deal with Pellistri's demands, but I wasn't fully paying attention and thought he'd just asked to consider the promises before negotiating further.

garner-rejected.PNG