• Youth leagues incorrect/not joined following academy upgrade and U23 team approval on season rollover

hjp766
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

At the end of the season I had Harrogate Town promoted to the Championship I had the board approve to upgrade  youth level to 2, and to form a U23 team. That season had already rolled over, and so thought nothing of it.

Now, at the end of the next season, alongside promotion again to the PL, the board are working on category 1 for the academy but the leagues are not correct.

At level 2 the U18s have been put in the U18 premier league no the u18 professional development league and the u23s has been allocated no league at all (should be professional development league.

Ta

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Form U23 team and have academy level upgraded by board.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Would you be able to provide us with a save file, if possible?

Ideally, one before each board request is approved would be best, please!

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

Would you be able to provide us with a save file, if possible?

Ideally, one before each board request is approved would be best, please!

Hi

I have lost the save from immediately before I requested the upgrade to level 1.

I have included a save from before the season rollover which shows the old youth leagues (U23 was unassigned as it was formed after last seasonal rollover) (Harrogate Youth level 2 pre roll) and when the 1st team were still showing as championship.

The other save (labelled Harrogate bug) is from immediately post season rollover.

I will try and sim through to a similar point to recreate the original save if needed.

4 hours ago, hjp766 said:

Hi

I have lost the save from immediately before I requested the upgrade to level 1.

I have included a save from before the season rollover which shows the old youth leagues (U23 was unassigned as it was formed after last seasonal rollover) (Harrogate Youth level 2 pre roll) and when the 1st team were still showing as championship.

The other save (labelled Harrogate bug) is from immediately post season rollover.

I will try and sim through to a similar point to recreate the original save if needed.

Just simmed the next season and it gets weirder.

The u23s who had no league and were level 2 were entered in the EFL trophy.

At the end of the season at rollover the youth setup now at level 1 u23s still have no league.

U18s remain unchanged post rollover in u18 premier leagues.

3 new Save files harrogate season end at yl2 pre roll over, harrogate season end pre roll over now lvl 1, harrogate season end post roll over now lvl 1

• SI Staff

I can only advise at this stage that its something we're still investigating and working on. I appreciate this period can be a bit frustrating with no news but we ware working on fixing it still. There's always a lot of knock on effects to check, testing to be completed and such which means putting a date or timeframe just means we risk misleading you more than anything else.

On 12/01/2022 at 08:16, Michael Sant said:

I can only advise at this stage that its something we're still investigating and working on. I appreciate this period can be a bit frustrating with no news but we ware working on fixing it still. There's always a lot of knock on effects to check, testing to be completed and such which means putting a date or timeframe just means we risk misleading you more than anything else.

Is there any update on this? We're closer to FM23 release than this post now... We're still having the same issue of not getting invited to U23 leagues even with proper youth levels and winning the EPL multiple times. I'm playing as Scarborough, and they've played in lower leagues before but now they only play EFL Cup and no league games, while my U18 team who benefits less from matches, play so many games. There isn't even a way to fix this with the IGE. My save file is far too big to upload to the SI cloud, almost 500MB and it times out at 99%.

Save file

• WAGE BLOAT SCAR HOLIDAY START 02.fm
    Edited by samfishersam

• Administrators

Sam, full transparency, it's not something we believe we can resolve in this edition of the game. And I'm sorry you had to chase us up to find that out, we just don't have the facilities to provide updates to every thread that's been marked as under investigation.

It was raised in November, so I can understand the frustration that it's still ongoing. After investigating and reviewing the issue over the last few months, we feel it's best to have a full cycle of further extensive testing before eventually implementing it into the game. It's a complex feature, and one that if we get wrong again could have further implications on various different aspects of the game. 

We want to get it right, and releasing it into a game mid-cycle isn't something we feel comfortable with. 

I can only thank you for the patience you've shown so far, and assure you it's not been forgotten about it. 

On 30/06/2022 at 22:39, Kyle Brown said:

Sam, full transparency, it's not something we believe we can resolve in this edition of the game. And I'm sorry you had to chase us up to find that out, we just don't have the facilities to provide updates to every thread that's been marked as under investigation.

It was raised in November, so I can understand the frustration that it's still ongoing. After investigating and reviewing the issue over the last few months, we feel it's best to have a full cycle of further extensive testing before eventually implementing it into the game. It's a complex feature, and one that if we get wrong again could have further implications on various different aspects of the game.

We want to get it right, and releasing it into a game mid-cycle isn't something we feel comfortable with.

I can only thank you for the patience you've shown so far, and assure you it's not been forgotten about it.

I've seen complaints of this very same issue since at least 2016, more than half a decade later it's still an issue.  I don't have faith it will be fixed for FM23 either...

image.png.4f376c4fc88a553ba8cb8035a830940b.png