• Controversy regarded as a positive attribute on training reports.

rossn1313
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

When receiving player training reports, the effects of mentoring on controversy is always displayed incorrectly.

This should be a simple fix. In the code, controversy must be calculated along with the other attributes, as if an increase is positive and a decrease is negative, when producing a training report.

• Increased controversy triggers a positive change message.
    • Decreased controversy triggers a negative change message.

In the attached example it only mentions less desirable characteristics, but in reality the player's controversy reduced, so it should also mention more desirable characteristics.

Bug.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @rossn1313 do you happen to have a save game available showing this? In the second screenshot it does explicitly state more controversial, as in the attribute is increasing. How did you check the controversy attribute just so I can understand a bit better? Additionally, the guide for uploading your save game so we can investigate is available here: How to upload files to us - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

9 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Hey @rossn1313 do you happen to have a save game available showing this? In the second screenshot it does explicitly state more controversial, as in the attribute is increasing. How did you check the controversy attribute just so I can understand a bit better? Additionally, the guide for uploading your save game so we can investigate is available here: How to upload files to us - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Hi Michael, thanks a lot for the reply! In this example the player became less controversial. He went from a 6 to a 5, I use FM Genie Scout to check.

This is not a unique case, it happens every single time on every single save file. It's easiest just to check the code, I'm sure you'll find that controversy isn't treated any differently to the other personality attributes, which are all positive.

This is affecting everybody's game, they just don't realise it.
    I don't have that point in time saved unfortunately, and sending the save file is useless as this error occurs on every save file in existence.

Okay it happened again.
    Here on the left you can see the players attributes before the mentoring unit changes, and after the changes on the right.
    3 personality attributes have changed:

• Adaptability increased
    • Ambition increased
    • Controversy decreased

These are all positive changes.

However, his training report states that "less desirable characteristics have had an effect lately". They haven't, the changes have all been positive.

BEFORE.png.c5bcc68e763ffde634e771eb5b1f7c7c.pngAFTER.png.69dccc87361227bd230867236e400725.png

MESSAGE.png.515c36c50d2618c23c1bfca5f662b7af.png

• Administrators

I appreciate you said it's happening in every save file, however, as Michael had previously asked for, we need a save file to go along with your example before we can hand this over to the testing team. There could be so many different factors and variables that it may not appear on every occasion they test. 

I don't mean to be sweeping your issue under the rug, we would absolutely love to get it looked at, but with the amount of issues our team looks at on a daily basis, it's not time efficient to ask them to reproduce something to scratch.  

If you could perhaps just have semi-frequent auto saves on until the next time it appears and then give us a reply here, we'll look into it as soon as we can. 

On 04/01/2022 at 21:57, Kyle Brown said:

I appreciate you said it's happening in every save file, however, as Michael had previously asked for, we need a save file to go along with your example before we can hand this over to the testing team. There could be so many different factors and variables that it may not appear on every occasion they test. 

I don't mean to be sweeping your issue under the rug, we would absolutely love to get it looked at, but with the amount of issues our team looks at on a daily basis, it's not time efficient to ask them to reproduce something to scratch.  

If you could perhaps just have semi-frequent auto saves on until the next time it appears and then give us a reply here, we'll look into it as soon as we can. 

I have uploaded two save files. One at the precise moment before the error occurs (called "BEFORE") and one at the precise moment afterwards (called "AFTER").
    I understand that you have procedures to follow, but as a computer science teacher, I can assure you that in this particular case, the save files are entirely unnecessary for your coding team to look at :lol:

On 18/01/2022 at 16:48, Kyle Brown said:

We've got this under review now and with the right people, thanks again for raising this! :)

Hi Kyle. Was this fixed for FM23?