• I'm having real problems trying to loan players out

SaintPaul
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Message added by Desmond Richardson,

Please be aware that these comments were copied here from another source and that the date and time shown for each comment may not be accurate.

I'm at Celtic just now, in the January 2024 transfer window, and from the start of the save, I've had two bids for loan players, after offering them out dozens of times 

The affiliate system works, but I can't get clubs higher up interested 

Karamoko Dembele, Matt O'Riley and others are all highly rated in reality, but no one at all, wants them 

Owen Moffat, in my B team has scored over 30 goals in a season and a half, but hasn't had any offers at all, despite being on the loan list for over a year 

Is this a fault in the game, just a tougher transfer market? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@SaintPaul - Are they in the B team or in the first team? From what I've seen, it's much harder to loan players out from the B team, so you might want to promote them to the first team to try loaning them out (if they aren't already there). 

1 hour ago, StephenCronin said:

@SaintPaul - Are they in the B team or in the first team? From what I've seen, it's much harder to loan players out from the B team, so you might want to promote them to the first team to try loaning them out (if they aren't already there). 

Yeah, I promoted them at the start of the 22/23 season, as I thought that being in the B squad might be a problem, but it made no difference, so some have been demoted again 

The problem I have is that no clubs want to loan my best young players, and they don't want to move to my affiliates so they're just stagnating 

I appreciate that the transfer market isn't just offering a player out, and dozens of clubs make an offer, but the current system seems way too tough. There's no way that Scottish teams or teams in the Championship/League 1 in England wouldn't want players like O'Riley or Dembele, in reality 

42 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Yeah, I promoted them at the start of the 22/23 season, as I thought that being in the B squad might be a problem, but it made no difference, so some have been demoted again 

The problem I have is that no clubs want to loan my best young players, and they don't want to move to my affiliates so they're just stagnating 

I appreciate that the transfer market isn't just offering a player out, and dozens of clubs make an offer, but the current system seems way too tough. There's no way that Scottish teams or teams in the Championship/League 1 in England wouldn't want players like O'Riley or Dembele, in reality 

Yeah, I do think it should be easier to loan some people out. I find my very best players generally get loaned by someone. I have teams like Arsenal loaning my best youngsters (I'm playing Celtic too), but I'm talking about some top class regens who are pretty well developed already. It's harder to loan out younger players still mid development.

19 minutes ago, StephenCronin said:

Yeah, I do think it should be easier to loan some people out. I find my very best players generally get loaned by someone. I have teams like Arsenal loaning my best youngsters (I'm playing Celtic too), but I'm talking about some top class regens who are pretty well developed already. It's harder to loan out younger players still mid development.

I'm hoping that the next update eases the problem slightly. As I said I'm glad it's not overly easy to sell/loan players, but itd improve the game if there was a bit more interaction in that area. 

Has it been told why Daizen Maeda isn't in the game?