• AML/AMR not marking or pressing opposition DCR/DCL in 5ATB

autohoratio
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'm playing with a high-pressing 4-2-3-1 tactic, and often face opponents playing a 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 tactic. Here are the Opposition Instructions I have set - mark the opposition DCL/DCR tightly and press them at all times to try and reduce the amount of passes the back 3 make throughout the game.
    image.thumb.png.aa46c720b8de192142480cab9ba8f556.png

My tactical instructions are Counter-Press in transition, Higher Defensive Line, High Press, and Press More Often out of possession.

About 4 minutes into the match Spezia vs Verona, I can tell that my AML and AMR aren't pressing or marking the DCR and DCL respectively, so I set Player Instructions to mark those specific positions. Watching the full match, I am still not seeing my AML/R marking or pressing as desired; instead they typically drop into positions I would expect from a ML/R and mark the opposition WBR/WBL respectively, or even tucking in to cover the midfield. When the team is counter-pressing, the AML/R are reluctant to press into the defensive third where the opposing back three are in. In fact, when the opposing back three/DMC have the ball, my AMR will often tuck in to mark the opposing MCL and leave my DMR (Balić) to take the initiative to press the ball carrier:

image.png.7c5e2686f325cace9ccefd6ff8b51f1b.png

The most I have seen my AML/R press the DCR/L is when they're engaging in pressing the WBR/L, and the WB passes back to a DCL/R in close proximity.

When my goalkeeper takes a free kick fron deep, the AML/R will mark the wing backs while my DML (DM set to defend duty) and DMR (Regista) will pin back the opposition MCR/MCL as if to position themselves alongside the STC (AF on attack) and AM (AM on attack) to run in behind the opposition defence (and leaving the opposing DMC (#12) as the furthest forward of their midfield three):

image.png.ed5933c932f46c7dbfe6482f75e62240.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments