• Barely any shots on target yet I'm doing all the things the game should be creating endless on target???

TJR1989
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

What is going on with this game??

No problems first season, second season with an IMPROVED team, with better finishing, training chance creation and conversion EVERY SINGLE WEEK, attacking patience you name it and still keep having around 10% of my shots on target like how? 

I play short passing high tempo and WORK THE BALL INTO THE BOX" 

These are all the things built into the game to make shots only be taken when it is a clear opportunity so why the damn am i barely getting any on target? 

Getting so fed up or reporting crap which is not even responded to, you customer service is shocking! 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

As Daz mentions, pkms are what we'd need to see. However, this is an incredibly subjective area. While its worth mentioning from what I can see most of your other posts have had responses to them there isn't too much I can say about this one right now. 

You're going to have to produce a lot of pkm's to demonstrate something like this. 

Some thoughts though, short passing & work ball into the box are just a doubling down on somewhat a similar instruction for the final third. High tempo is a much more demanding style of passing to pull off. If you're not looking for a quick ball over the top or to stretch opponents its very likely their defensive is going to condense and get into the positions they want to, with the necessary numbers back. If your team cannot find space or openings, or those they do are blocked off then shots are more likely to be off-target as a result. 

11 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

As Daz mentions, pkms are what we'd need to see. However, this is an incredibly subjective area. While its worth mentioning from what I can see most of your other posts have had responses to them there isn't too much I can say about this one right now. 

You're going to have to produce a lot of pkm's to demonstrate something like this. 

Some thoughts though, short passing & work ball into the box are just a doubling down on somewhat a similar instruction for the final third. High tempo is a much more demanding style of passing to pull off. If you're not looking for a quick ball over the top or to stretch opponents its very likely their defensive is going to condense and get into the positions they want to, with the necessary numbers back. If your team cannot find space or openings, or those they do are blocked off then shots are more likely to be off-target as a result. 

I've already replied on another post that my PKMs are not showing where they are meant to be? 

• SI Staff

Thanks for providing this pkm it will allow the QA team to look into this further, but as mentioned before we're going to need a lot of evidence to demonstrate a point like this. 

12 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for providing this pkm it will allow the QA team to look into this further, but as mentioned before we're going to need a lot of evidence to demonstrate a point like this. 

You can have all my save file

• Administrators

Not everything you see in game is going to be a 'bug' just because things aren't happening how you expect them to. 

Just because a tactic has worked previously, doesn't mean it will again - AI managers will make changes depending on how strong they view your team. That means more bodies behind the ball and making it much harder for you to create clear chances. 

Players may be given an instruction but no footballer is a robot - they won't follow them to the letter. They, like real life will get frustrated and take risks, take shots with less chance of scoring and so on.

It sounds like tactically your setup isn't currently successful against the systems you're playing against. May be worth going to the Tactics forum for some suggestions on why this tactic is no longer being so effective - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

However when doing so, please be respectful of other user's opinions. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Not everything you see in game is going to be a 'bug' just because things aren't happening how you expect them to. 

Just because a tactic has worked previously, doesn't mean it will again - AI managers will make changes depending on how strong they view your team. That means more bodies behind the ball and making it much harder for you to create clear chances. 

Players may be given an instruction but no footballer is a robot - they won't follow them to the letter. They, like real life will get frustrated and take risks, take shots with less chance of scoring and so on.

It sounds like tactically your setup isn't currently successful against the systems you're playing against. May be worth going to the Tactics forum for some suggestions on why this tactic is no longer being so effective - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

My tactic is successful, majorly in fact as I have massively overachieved in both of the seasons played, but these niggles are annoying when you are doing everything in the scripted game to correct them and it is not happening. I have only lost 3 games this season (well over half way through) so i am not complaining about loosing, instead trying to understand how and why the instructions given in the game do not work. 

If you look at evidenced based football manager on youtube, you will see he statically proves the crap SI put into the game stating it does something when it goes not! For example, shows how certain trying sessions which are meant to improve certain attributers or produce certain results do not. And this is not a small sample size or study, it is large! It needs more people like that on board, not someone like yourself who cannot take criticism or constructive feedback instead just says utter generic things that you should know and hardcore FM player will have already tried! Useless 

Edited by TJR1989

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

This is why your staff in the game should inform you of possible reasons why things are not working on the pitch.

The assistant manager should at least recommend you take a look at the DataHub to reconsider formation/instructions, or consider the age/experience of the players during difficult spells, etc etc to at least give an idea of what is going wrong and help address frustration and confusion about why results are so bad.

This would at least point us in the right direction. In real life you would expect from an assistant manager to have a word in your ear about what might be going wrong.

29 minutes ago, 2feet said:

This is why your staff in the game should inform you of possible reasons why things are not working on the pitch.

The assistant manager should at least recommend you take a look at the DataHub to reconsider formation/instructions, or consider the age/experience of the players during difficult spells, etc etc to at least give an idea of what is going wrong and help address frustration and confusion about why results are so bad.

This would at least point us in the right direction. In real life you would expect from an assistant manager to have a word in your ear about what might be going wrong.

EXACTLY!!! The data hub is useless it tells me to do what I am already doing, "work ball into box" 

• SI Staff

So you've got a highly effective tactic which is allowing you to massively overachieve and win games comfortably and yet you're unhappy with the shots on target and set pieces your team is scoring. The fact you're trying to combat some imaginary scripting does mean you're probably not going to get out of this what you want to achieve. At the end of the day players can't always deliver on all aspects of a tactic flawlessly. 

If you wish to create a bug report detailing how your team is scoring all these goals in apparently the wrong manner for your tactical set-up then that would be a separate thread. 

On 04/11/2022 at 20:56, Michael Sant said:

So you've got a highly effective tactic which is allowing you to massively overachieve and win games comfortably and yet you're unhappy with the shots on target and set pieces your team is scoring. The fact you're trying to combat some imaginary scripting does mean you're probably not going to get out of this what you want to achieve. At the end of the day players can't always deliver on all aspects of a tactic flawlessly. 

If you wish to create a bug report detailing how your team is scoring all these goals in apparently the wrong manner for your tactical set-up then that would be a separate thread. 

They are not winning comfortably. You don't seem to understand do you.

The game is made with certain scripting, ultra attacking means go for it, so 8/9 times out of 10 on this setting you would think chances would be being created at either end, like in real life, do you watch football??

You can see others are also making constructive feedback points, and not you can see I wasn't just stating things because I was "loosing" you can't seem to have any other response than stupid ones.

Some of the admin on here can take constructive feedback, you clearly can't. If you aren't happy to help customers don't bother.

But when scripting says something, you would expect to see that represented in the game 9/10 not the other way round!