• Defenders running straight into other half during opponent attack

svonn
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Cheers for your work on the new match engine!

I've noticed a bug for central defenders and prepared an example with two occurences within a short time span, around the 3-5 Minute mark in the appended game (example 1#: first goal and example #2 leads up to the chance at 04:50).

Example #1:

Opposing team starts a counter attack, positioning seems fine in the first image. The two relevant defenders are highlighted. The opposing player plays a pass forward to initiate a counter attack. Both defenders start running forward (Image 2). The opposing player receives the ball, does another pass, the two defenders keep running a straight forwards (Image 3). The last image shows the point when they finally stop running forwards and turn around. 

Example #2: 

Regular attack by the enemy team, GK plays the ball forward, passing between opposing players, the three highlighted defenders start moving forward as if to set an offside trap (ex2_1.png). They reach the middle line in Image ex2_2.png, but nobody appears to be facing the ball, instead they're running towards some vector similar to example #1. Two of them keep running far into the opposing half until they stop and turn around. (Last image)

I hope you can use this info to fix this issue, the behaviour indicates that both instances are caused by the same bug.

Best regards

Svonn

ex1_1.png

ex1_2.png

ex1_3.png

ex1_4.png

ex2_1.png

ex2_2.png

ex2_3.png

bugged_defenders.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for sharing this one with us. There have been a couple other examples of this raised but its good to have more to work with. Our QA team will investigate further.

Is there any known workaround or tricks how to prevent this from occuring until there's a fix? I've played around a bit with my tactics, but it happens with insane frequency no matter what, over a dozen times each game. Didn't notice this issue the first season when playing with Wingbacks instead of Defensive Wingers, so I suspect this is correlated.