• IF/IW not cutting inside and not making any dribble attempt

GOODNAME
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I dont know what do add here

But before that patch i saw some dribbles of the IF/IW 

After the patch its gone, just like FM22.. the most beautiful thing in the ME is gone again 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 02/12/2022 at 02:31, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for sharing these, the QA team will take a look into these further.

08:07 I think at least in this kind of situations stronger foot inside players should move ball there. No matter whats the role. 08.07 Mahrez great chance to cut in.pkm

1144654462_ShouldCUT.gif.534457e8902028965d176a0061bc4cad.gif

Edited by Pasonen

Thank you so much for putting this together. I returned to my save after the update and just a few matches in I couldn't help but notice my IF/IWs play exactly like they used to in FM21 where they don't cut inside and instead run wide with the ball, just after I praised the match engine pre-update on a separate post saying how happy I am that the IF/IWs finally play like they're supposed to. I thought I was losing my mind but it's actually true.

• SI Staff

We're not going to be in a position to say realistically because of the nature of the ME and how a tweak to one aspect can cause knock on effects elsewhere, or how another issue may interact with that fix etc. 

2 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

We're not going to be in a position to say realistically because of the nature of the ME and how a tweak to one aspect can cause knock on effects elsewhere, or how another issue may interact with that fix etc. 

Please make sure to reflect it in the next patch. Solving this problem will make the game even more fun.

hace 9 horas, Michael Sant dijo:

But that always happens with the ME and, despite this, the developers try to fix the issues, and many times they succeed.

This issue comes from FM22, it has been reported since then with dozens of pkm... I think it would be appreciated if you at least make sure you try to improve it... At least try.

The opposite would be very frustrating... We are talking about one of the most important roles in football, one of the most beautiful skills in football, dribbling, and it seems that nobody at SI takes the problem seriously.

I think two years is a long time, the community is being patient and helping with a lot of pkm, honestly I think we deserve at least some effort from SI to fix this issue.

• SI Staff

The match engine team are constantly working on improvements in all areas and so it is hardly a case of ignoring any issue. When its an issue which impacts your playstyle, naturally it is going to become more of a focus and feature greater levels of presentation in your save. Changes in ME behaviour have to be tested and there are many instances of intended changes and fixes which just haven't worked out because they create issues elsewhere within the ME that are more jarring or even worse than the original issue. 

I'm not looking to make light of any individuals contribution to the thread, but even in the instances we are getting pkm's we're only seeing once or twice per game mentions. Are there other examples where the player exhibits the wrong behaviour but it works out to the players benefit and they don't report that? It's possible. Are there other examples happening in these same games which perhaps people haven't noticed? Also possible. Is it the case that players are getting presented with multiple opportunities to do this and just once or twice a game they make the wrong decision? 

These are examples of some of the possibilities, and for narrowing down something like this its very tricky so the more pkm's the better. If you're finding a match where one player is doing it correctly, but another player always makes the wrong decision information like that can be useful to assess whether its attributes feeding into the erroneous decisions and so on. 

14 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

The match engine team are constantly working on improvements in all areas and so it is hardly a case of ignoring any issue. When its an issue which impacts your playstyle, naturally it is going to become more of a focus and feature greater levels of presentation in your save. Changes in ME behaviour have to be tested and there are many instances of intended changes and fixes which just haven't worked out because they create issues elsewhere within the ME that are more jarring or even worse than the original issue. 

I'm not looking to make light of any individuals contribution to the thread, but even in the instances we are getting pkm's we're only seeing once or twice per game mentions. Are there other examples where the player exhibits the wrong behaviour but it works out to the players benefit and they don't report that? It's possible. Are there other examples happening in these same games which perhaps people haven't noticed? Also possible. Is it the case that players are getting presented with multiple opportunities to do this and just once or twice a game they make the wrong decision? 

These are examples of some of the possibilities, and for narrowing down something like this its very tricky so the more pkm's the better. If you're finding a match where one player is doing it correctly, but another player always makes the wrong decision information like that can be useful to assess whether its attributes feeding into the erroneous decisions and so on. 

In this topic and on this topic - 

There are multiple examples 

On 2022. 12. 15. at 오전 7시 35분, Michael Sant said:

Dear Michael Sant

In fact, this problem doesn't require pkm at all.
    Because you see it every game.

All inside forwards or inverted wingers always go up to the end line like a winger and cross or back pass.

Especially despite being able to dribble and get inside.

Please watch carefully even for a game.

This problem has been going on since fm22.

It absolutely needs to be fixed.

3 hours ago, Choi seung won said:

Dear Michael Sant

In fact, this problem doesn't require pkm at all.
    Because you see it every game.

All inside forwards or inverted wingers always go up to the end line like a winger and cross or back pass.

Especially despite being able to dribble and get inside.

Please watch carefully even for a game.

This problem has been going on since fm22.

It absolutely needs to be fixed.

I'm a little bit pessimistic here because last year they said its under review just like this year and nothing happened

We provided here and in the other topic multiple examples

Its so screaming to fix this, because jsut in real life player like Vinicius will not go that much and 99 % of the time to wide areas, he will cut inside to his stronger foot just in real life 

• SI Staff

It's worth reiterating that we're always going to be looking at improvements and augmentations to hit better points with all things related to the match engine. However, pkm's are only ever going to help because it gives us so many more instances of match engine logic to review. 

I think you have a great chance to achieve an amazing ME if you take this problem seriously and make some major improvements.

In November patch you fixed all the other serious issues. Maybe a bit of the beta chaos could be brought back, to lower possession percentages, but there aren't any big issues in the ME. That gives you a great advantage to be able to focus on dribbling and cutting inside.

I encourage you to make this problem a priority because you have a great ME that allows you to focus on this issue. In a few weeks you fixed all the defensive bugs... I am sure that if you try to improve this issue you can also do it for the next patch, but the first step is to recognize that dribling and cut inside don't work properly.

I encourage you to do it, you do a good job

Edited by david_kax

This is even more awful once you become successful as games are just IWs running wide passing back to midfielders / wingbacks (with shoot less often set) blasting it over or failed crosses. Its like playing FM22 but worse with how effective low blocks are.

6 hours ago, Choi seung won said:

What happened to this problem? Michael Sant? Is this resolved?

I have no faith that will solved

After 23.3 patch they will just tell us they need more examples although we provided here over 30 examples 

• SI Staff

We're not in a position to share information about changes prior to updates. In some areas of the game, especially such as the ME, there's a lot of considerations to any changes that may be implemented so things can be up in the air until very late in the development process of future updates. When we have more information to share we would look to do so, but we do appreciate the examples that have been provided here. 

I just want to see messi' playmaking with good passing and dribbles for goals with 19-20 dribbling attribute. What's the point of having a high attribute player, if the player only dribbles wide, instead of dribble the opponent 1 vs 1.

On 2023. 1. 13. at 오전 6시 13분, Michael Sant said:

We're not in a position to share information about changes prior to updates. In some areas of the game, especially such as the ME, there's a lot of considerations to any changes that may be implemented so things can be up in the air until very late in the development process of future updates. When we have more information to share we would look to do so, but we do appreciate the examples that have been provided here. 

please I hope to see the inside forward and inverted winger movement or dribble fixes in the next patch.

Currently, the match engine is not as fun as many people in the official feedback thread have put it.

In particular, this problem has been reported countless times since fm22. It is not being resolved ....

#Michael Sant