• IF/IW not cutting inside when they have the chance to do it

GOODNAME
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

IF/IW not cutting inside when they have the chance to do it 

I see a lot of my matches my IF/IW not cutting inside enough

Sometimes they doing it but its rare 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It is difficult to prove this issue uploading 2, 3 or 5 plays because I can think that the player should dribble in all cases and you that only should dribble in half.

I think if SI does a detailed study of the behavior of IFs and dribblers in general, they will see that they have an exaggerated tendency to look for the pass and in many 1v1 situations they avoid the dribble and they play as attacking midfielders, playing a very associative football. and without the spontaneity and magic that characterizes dribblers...

But if, with all the pkm already uploaded, it is not enough and we are invited to upload an infinite number of plays, I understand that the developers do not have much awareness or intention to recognize and fix this issue.

Edited by david_kax

Same happens even with the full backs moving to the byline and not only they don't dribble, stop, turn around and pass the ball always back, they do not even cross the ball in to the penalty area...

• SI Staff

This is an issue we still have under review but more pkm's are always appreciated. This is something that is highly subjective and the logic being applied through the ME would need to be reviewed individually to narrow down where any issues may rest.

hace 2 horas, Michael Sant dijo:

This is an issue we still have under review but more pkm's are always appreciated. This is something that is highly subjective and the logic being applied through the ME would need to be reviewed individually to narrow down where any issues may rest.

It's subjective, you're right. But I think those pkm already show that in situations where they can dribble, they avoid dribbling.

For work reasons, I won't be able to upload pkm until the end of December. But after Christmas I will try to upload many more pkm from 1 vs 1 situations and counterattacks where the attackers don't dribble having a favorable situation. 

I hope that by showing many more situations like this, the developers take the problem seriously because, if the defense issue is really already fixed in the next patch, improving the dribbling issue, the ME would be wonderful.

4 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

After the update im not seeing any dribble from the IF/IW

49:40 - Sterling can dribble and cuts inside but he does FM22. 

Chelsea v Leicester.pkm

Edited by GOODNAME

Issue is still In the game IF and wide players in general refuse to dribble in direction of opposition players so they go wide where there is more space.

Will this be fixes in new patch?

Currently, the position of inside forwards is too concentrated in the center.

If you watch real football, you'll see that players like Man City's Mahrez and Arsenal's Saka stick to the end of the touchline. You will need to adjust your position.

You need to adjust the option so that it can be located at the end of the touch line.

This creates space for the wingers and allows them to hit the dribble inside. Currently, the gap between fullbacks and wingers is too close by default.

That's why I think inside forwards keep failing to dribble inside and go up to the end line like wingers.

Edited by Choi seung won

On 03/03/2023 at 21:23, kertiek said:

any change with the last update?

It's slightly better but players (not just wingers) are generally still far too reticent to take a man on directly.

You see far too few progressive carries by defenders and midfielders in buildup for the same reason.

Now, it is difficult to expect any more changes in fm23.

I hope that proper dribbling will be implemented in fm24 and the movement of inside forwards and inverted wingers will be properly implemented.