• Not scoring from set pieces or corners AT ALL

TJR1989
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

I have not scored a corner from a game in over 20 games, with corner takers with16 and tall CBs with 14+ heading, jumping reach and strength, I am also training attacking corners every single week. So corners are not being scored please fix. 

Corner takers - Thomas Lemar, Digne, Augistinson. CBs Mings, Konsa, Zabrayni. 

I have set up my own routine, train attacking corners every single week and set peice delivery every other week, not one goal from a corner, or free kick. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have added a save file to the cloud service, can this be looked at please to provide some explanations as not realistic at all. Titled "Gareth Barry - Aston Villa". 

• SI Staff

We appreciate your input, this is something we'll need to see across multiple saves and seasons to suggest a bug in the Match Engine. As such our team feel as though there isn't enough evidence to show this to be a bug as it could unfortunately be how you're setting up for corners or just bad luck. Thanks for taking the time to put in the response though :) 

21 hours ago, Abdullah Patel said:

We appreciate your input, this is something we'll need to see across multiple saves and seasons to suggest a bug in the Match Engine. As such our team feel as though there isn't enough evidence to show this to be a bug as it could unfortunately be how you're setting up for corners or just bad luck. Thanks for taking the time to put in the response though :) 

Can you not look into the save game and you can then see what is going on. This is not realistic and is something others are also experiencing so it should be looked at

On 29/10/2022 at 22:36, Abdullah Patel said:

Hello Abdullah??? 

This is still happening in second season! I now have James Ward Prowse so can't get any better and still 1 goal from a set piece in over 15 games, this should not be happening what is the point in the game when the scenarios your set do not even work? 

• SI Staff

We aren't really in the position where we'd offer feedback on your tactical set-up and set-piece instructions. You may benefit from sharing your set-up in our tactics section and sharing ideas with other users who can help identify where things may be going wrong for you: https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/ 

11 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

We aren't really in the position where we'd offer feedback on your tactical set-up and set-piece instructions. You may benefit from sharing your set-up in our tactics section and sharing ideas with other users who can help identify where things may be going wrong for you: https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/ 

It is not feedback I want, it is why I have someone with the MAXIMUM set piece attribute, attacking players who are superior to the opposition defence in the air but are not scoring? I understand they would not score EVERY corner or EVERY game, but come on, if you have made a game with someone with the MAXIMUM attribute you would expect more than 1 goal in 30 games? Free kicks both direct and indirect and also corners, multiple per game so around 100 in 30 games on average and 1 goal? Is that realistic? 

• SI Staff

You've already posted yourself in the thread of another individual who had a player score 38 goals from corners. There's a lot of possible reasons why a team with the advantages stacked in their favour don't produce something. Whether that be a combination of mental factors in the match itself or poor utilisation of those assets on set pieces. The aim isn't to antagonise you here, but rather it has been shown across these forums already goals from set pieces are attainable without all these advantages. That would suggest something happening in matches or in the set-up would be an influencing factor.

Just now, Michael Sant said:

You've already posted yourself in the thread of another individual who had a player score 38 goals from corners. There's a lot of possible reasons why a team with the advantages stacked in their favour don't produce something. Whether that be a combination of mental factors in the match itself or poor utilisation of those assets on set pieces. The aim isn't to antagonise you here, but rather it has been shown across these forums already goals from set pieces are attainable without all these advantages. That would suggest something happening in matches or in the set-up would be an influencing factor.

But this is my point, how can either one be realistic? 38 goals in 1 season from a CB (never been done in the history of the league) or 1 goal in 100+ attempts using players with the best attribute. The fact that you are not looking into it is the most disappointing thing. You could compare both of the saves and see what is going on, fixing the issue, making it more realistic. That is the point of the beta right? 

• SI Staff

A player scoring too many is something easy to begin investigating because we know there is definitely something amiss there. There is never going to be a time when we're going to look to have the game set-up in a way that guarantees you goals. It would take a huge element of the game away. You've taken the time to set up your own routines but ultimately our conclusion is that your set piece routines aren't hitting the right mark. Maybe try going back to the default routines and building from there? I'm too lazy to play around with them myself but with the default Man City squad after 16 games I've got: 3 goals from corners, 2 goals from direct free kicks and 4 goals from indirect free kicks. 

16 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

A player scoring too many is something easy to begin investigating because we know there is definitely something amiss there. There is never going to be a time when we're going to look to have the game set-up in a way that guarantees you goals. It would take a huge element of the game away. You've taken the time to set up your own routines but ultimately our conclusion is that your set piece routines aren't hitting the right mark. Maybe try going back to the default routines and building from there? I'm too lazy to play around with them myself but with the default Man City squad after 16 games I've got: 3 goals from corners, 2 goals from direct free kicks and 4 goals from indirect free kicks. 

I've tried the default for 10 games, then 2 different variants for another 10+ games each. You have probably gone and made defending corners too OP by trying to combat the over scoring from them 

1 minute ago, TJR1989 said:

I've tried the default for 10 games, then 2 different variants for another 10+ games each. You have probably gone and made defending corners too OP by trying to combat the over scoring from them 

Post a screenshot up of your attacking corner routines on the Tactics board and people can help you with a more effective routine. The default set up isn't very good 

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

Post a screenshot up of your attacking corner routines on the Tactics board and people can help you with a more effective routine. The default set up isn't very good 

I don't use the default (although did as a test for 10+ games). I have tried near post and back post, this is the near post ...... This was phenomenal last season, scoring me a goal nearly every game with JWP and Lucca! image.png.b0d4cca8b85e58679280065284ce33e2.png

• Administrators

The ME hasn't changed since you played your last season. We do long term analysis with thousands of saves/setups to have an overall viewpoint on how effective teams are at scoring set pieces.

Much like real life there will be anomalies when teams who should be scoring chances don't - likewise when teams have purple patches (like you in the first season). With the limited evidence one save game can provide there isn't anything to suggest there's an underlying problem here. 

We would suggest mixing up your approach and you'll likely see improved results. 

Thanks.