• Predictable games. Long ball galore, comical mistakes, useless defenders, overpowered headers, poor passing and ball control/ first touch

bruuh
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

As a big fan of the series since like 2011. My time has come for me to provide constructive criticism. 

From almost finishing my first season, games have become more and more predictable. Apart from a constant injury crisis.. maybe I'm just unlucky, but hey, we adapt and make-do. The game engine on the other hand, has become quite repetitive and predictable.

Tactics which focus on short passing, ball control, play out from the back seem don't seem to be effective as long balls. Every game almost is identical. 80%+- of the goals are long balls over the top (defenders awol or having a goof), corners or free kicks to the far post or just defenders having a laugh. Defenders frequently lose possession, their first touch is terrible and the ball often bounces off them, most of the times out of position and just as spectators watching the game from afar. However, they do bring me goals from set pieces.. which is something I guess. Keepers are often also erratic.. bumping into the defenders and getting in the way. 

I have uploaded some issues below, because every game.. one after another follows what I described above. I have provided the pkms below with the time stamps next to them, I can't remember all the moments when they happened, didn't note everything down since there were so many issues over and over. Next time I post something here, it'll be more specific. To be frank, if you guys look at the videos whole, you'll see exactly what I mean. 

Arsenal v Chelsea 50.pkm Bournemouth v Chelsea 65.pkm Chelsea v Arsenal 62.pkm Chelsea v Bournemouth 5,7,14,57,60,90(4).pkm Chelsea v Brentford 16, 69.pkm Chelsea v Wolves 81,85.pkm Crystal Palace v Chelsea 7, 33,60,63.pkm Everton v Chelsea 32, 69.pkm Leeds v Chelsea 9.pkm Leicester v Chelsea 24, 57, 90(2).pkm Southampton v Chelsea 22. 90.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 03/11/2022 at 21:29, Michael Sant said:

We are still looking into the issue and more pkm's do always help.

What is the update on these sorts of issues? I believe we were told, by SI, to trawl through all the bug tracker posts (instead of receiving a change list) to find the ones we were interested in so that we can find out what SI's response was? 

Don't seem to see any update from SI on this post since 03/11 when you have customers above taking the time and effort to upload and describe the prevalent issues throughout your game. Any update would be good, otherwise I will look to trawl through 5/6 pages in 1 week again to see if SI have addressed anything. 

Regards.

Edited by typ2603

• SI Staff

We're never going to be in a situation where we can really outline in advance how the next publicly released iteration of the ME will function - because it can change dramatically. In the public feedback thread over on the general discussion section Jack shared some information about what is happening moving forward. 

On 18/11/2022 at 20:52, Michael Sant said:

We're never going to be in a situation where we can really outline in advance how the next publicly released iteration of the ME will function - because it can change dramatically. In the public feedback thread over on the general discussion section Jack shared some information about what is happening moving forward. 

The whole point is that people in this thread have comfort that what is being outlined here will be fixed when you do release an update. However, you don't seem to do changelists so how do people on this thread have comfort that the countless issues they've taken the time to identify will be fixed? 

Regards.

As many have noticed, possession football has been nerfed a lot due to a higher number of interceptions in the middle of the park by the opposition in this year's engine - so you are left better building up via flanks or just hoofing up the ball. In real life that's kind of truth because teams have learned to be compact and protect well the middle, but in FM, it would be nice to have a balance where as long as I am overloading an area (whether middle or flanks) I can successfully dominate with the right set up and players.

My bigger concern is mistakes by defenders and goalkeepers. You can have the best tactic and your defense will not make any mistakes even after playing years into saves, but once you change something that has nothing to do with how your back line behaves (i.e. mixed crosses to floated crosses) your goalkeeper will start making the stupidest mistakes.

The feedback mechanism to a player is terrible - if I make a change to how we cross in the final third and my tactic is not as good now, I would expect to see highlights where we cross and that leads to opposition's counter-attack, but instead you see a goalkeeper with 20 Composure and 20 handling not being able to handle a simple header pass from your defender or GK colliding with CD in some unimaginable way.  This is what really frustrates the players.

Edited by kjarus1