• Ronaldo even worse in FM23

R48United
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

I know the ME always ignore how high my xG was while every chances by the opponent always count by how I got 4.14 xG compared to 0.97 xG of Tottenham but somehow the match ended 1-1, but don't you think Ronaldo miss on 54:35 is a bit exaggerated? How 19 finishing and 15 composure Cristiano Ronaldo hits the ball that wide while he's right in front of the goal? I know real life Ronaldo is finished but he's 100% finish this chance all day.

Man Utd v Tottenham.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Our QA team will take a look at this, but its very likely that its just simply bad luck in this instance. It's worth mentioning as well xG is nothing more than a determination made of how likely a goal could result from a chance in a certain position. If you get 400 0.01 xG chances you'd have 4 xG but each chance was terrible. It's not a guarantee of goals you should score in any way. 

16 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Our QA team will take a look at this, but its very likely that its just simply bad luck in this instance. It's worth mentioning as well xG is nothing more than a determination made of how likely a goal could result from a chance in a certain position. If you get 400 0.01 xG chances you'd have 4 xG but each chance was terrible. It's not a guarantee of goals you should score in any way. 

If this is a bad luck that happens once in, let's say 20 matches then I'd agree. But this happens like once in 3-4 matches so it's hardly a "bad luck" and the one I mentioned here is far the worst Ronaldo ever done in my save so I brought it up to this forum. Is there any chance that this kind of "bad luck" and also shots hitting woodwork (stg I get these in 3 matches more than a team in real life would get a whole season) get less percentage of happening on a match tho? Thank you.

Edited by R48United