• "Gained Citizenship Through Relative" bugged - incorrectly displayed as player's main nationality

CFuller
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I've spotted a bug which happens when a player has a second nationality, and the info is set to "Gained Citizenship Through Relative". It displays that nationality as his MAIN nationality, rather than his actual main nationality.

This is only a visual bug. It does not affect the player's ability to play for his main nation.

Khanya1.png.082f793944985d1794f466b97a0199fc.png

Khanya2.png.0caf9f0ebb6e08cd015397182b3e51f0.png

SouthAfrica.png.5b903deb9b306afbc1f39e1056fa374e.png

I first noticed this bug on Khanya Leshabela, while I was running an unrelated experiment on my holiday save. As you can see, he has been a regular member of the South Africa squad throughout this save, and is obviously declared for South Africa, though his nationality is shown in game as Bissau-Guinean.

Khanya.thumb.png.9d79c60ccac39557fa652df76cc1323f.png

After ruling out any issues with my mods or name fixes, and creating a fresh save on the vanilla game, I opened up the editor and narrowed it down to his Second Nations data, which lists Guinea-Bissau through "Gained Citizenship Through Relative".

So I made a few edits of my own to test this out on the England team. I gave Harry Kane, Phil Foden and Jude Bellingham second nationalities under "Gained Citizenship Through Relative" - and I also tested some other second nations settings on a few other England players.

England.png.0d35da2feabeb1a19f2b415f67ade920.png

Kane.png.a4493499d5b5c88e64a9c8906ae7184e.png

Foden.png.de1a1ff79d35cf6b2a3d791a0ca45833.png

Bellingham.png.f683b71b4d3c68e814d07dc3a9171609.png

Grealish.png.f05dd2fea0b6556eea9843e6ec7f9faf.png

Henderson.png.3e26cf0ae8022556ce0996d7b9c45bb6.png

The results of my experiment in full:

PLAYER 2ND NATIONALITY INFO RECREATED?
    Harry Kane Guinea-Bissau Gained Citizenship Through Relative YES
    Phil Foden Kyrgyzstan Gained Citizenship Through Relative YES
    Jude Bellingham Tuvalu Gained Citizenship Through Relative YES
    Mason Mount St Pierre & Miquelon Gained Citizenship Through Relative But Not Eligible For Nation No
    Bukayo Saka Andorra Relative Born In Nation No
    Jordan Henderson Eswatini Gained Citizenship But Not Eligible For Nation Yet YES
    Jack Grealish Bhutan Gained Citizenship But Treated As Foreign YES

As you can see, this bug also applies when the second nationality info is set to "Gained Citizenship But Not Eligible For Nation Yet" or "Gained Citizenship But Treated As Foreign".

I've uploaded the save file from this test, as well as the editor file that I used.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for sharing this one, spent a bit of time working through a number of my own saves checking on the status of Leshabela and indeed he's playing games for South Africa but shows Bissau-Guinean nationality. A small positive in that it is a display/visual only issue rather than it actually resulting in players popping up in other national teams. Thanks for doing the extra work to identify what is causing it. QA will pick it up and see what needs doing.