• Scouted player's star rating changes on selection

Honecker
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hey!

When I go to a player (any player) that has been recommended in the scouting update, the star rating instantly changes when I select/highlight the different role and duty-choices.

Attached images show Max Rahman (2000008664) selected in the list (01.png). When I go to the player's landing page his best role and duty is highlighted, along with the attributes (02.png). If I click on the exact same role and duty, the star rating changes (03.png). The same goes for each and every choice in the list (04.png).

Every recommended player in the list has this issue.

I imagine I'm being shown the player's actual rating for the role and duty instead of my scout's estimate of his ability. Bug or feature? Anyway, it feels like cheating.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You might be seeing star ratings from two different members of staff who have two different levels of scouting attributes and knowledge and therefore different opinions on the player's ability.

Start ratings are just an opinion from a certain member of staff. You have to be careful of which staff member is feeding you that data and take into account how reliable their opinion is based on their knowledge and attributes.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I understand what the stars are and I realise that recommendations may vary depending on what staff member I get the info from. But this is in the same view and on players that have only been scouted by 1 of my scouts. Not a trial player, not a long term scouted target.

Seems to me that the guesstimate part of the stars in the report (the white stars in the rating), are wrongly coloured yellow in the role & duty-box, because when I click and select the very same role and duty that is initially highlighted, the stars turn dark/transparent (they disappear), leaving only the yellow, more certain, stars.

I first started playing FM on the C64 back in '88 and although I missed plenty of versions after that, I have played pretty much every one of the SEGA-games since FM05, and this seems like a bug to me. I might be remembering wrong, but in recent releases, didn't the stars use to be white (and therefore convey some uncertainty) in the role and duty-box?

I might have to re-install FM21 just to do a sanity check.

• SI Staff

Thank you for making us aware of this. Would you be able to share your save game in which this is happening so that our QA team can take a look into this further? A guide on how to do so is available here:

Yes, of course. I just now uploaded the file "Changing Stars.fm" to the SI Cloud Service.

Thanks!

PS. I'm running FM on a M1 MacBook Pro, I don't know if this matters at all but... just in case.

Edited by Honecker

I can confirm this is the same bug as in FM22 when managing both nation and club FM22 Star Rating Bug

Tried to changing skin and no avail, tried to resign from national team, and it corrected itself, the only workaround is to scroll towards the rating as I did in the image attached (Complete WB Role), and the stars get refreshed to the actual staff evaluation.

image_2022-11-23_024402219.thumb.png.a23be905171159784181ae6d621d2d65.png

Edited by saveroo
    attach highlighted pic