• Unnecessary click on tactics screen

roykela
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

When i click on either "In possession", "In Transition" or "Out Of Possession" i have to click it away to be able to go to another one.
    It would be much better if i could just go directly to another one by clicking on it instead of having to "click away" from the current one being open.

Example currently:
    - Click on In Possession
    - Click to unfocus
    - Click on In Transition

Preferred behaviour:
    - Click on In Possession
    - Click on In Transition

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I remember people reporting this issue a few FMs ago (21 was last I played). Can't believe it hasn't been sorted out, such a small and tedious thing that should be an easy fix...

Thank you for the response, but; 
    Sorry to say, and I have to agree with @kripet
    Oh my god!

Feature request? Really?!
    So, it's working as intended? Wow! That is.....not good. Especially when it used to be 1 click instead of 2.
    An added click, for what reason? And the game is riddled with similar issues throughout the game. Extra clicks. Unnecessary clicks. Why?
    Why isn't it the same within the instructions themselves? Those work with 1 click on what you want. That is being inconsistent.
    It's the same on squad view screen. Open the filter and nothing else, outside the filter, works until the filter has been closed....with a click. Why?

• SI Staff

So to provide a bit more context, this section of the forums is to identify bugs and not for general feedback/changes (some general threads started by SI staff may work slightly differently). In part this is because at some point in the future everything here will no longer be accessible. We're not looking to argue that its current design/implementation is the best way to do it, or that its good. It's a simple question of whether or not it is working as it was designed to do so. We're not going to try and convince you that you should think the current design iteration should be something you're happy with.

The feature request section is set-up with the idea in mind that multiple years later the ideas shared are still accessible. Feature requests are processed differently from feedback in the general discussion section and bug reports here in the bug tracker. 

Hopefully there can be some agreement that us being honest and straight forward about the way it needs to be logged in order to actually be there for consideration with the devs is better than us palming people off with some "Sure we'll consider this idea moving forward!" response which cannot be delivered on based on how our systems are set-up for feature requests.

The context is crystal clear. Even before your post.

However;
    It used to work in a better way. A worse way was introduced. I consider that a clear bug.
    I create a bug report.
    To then be advised to request it as a new feature, i find not so good. Because i still don't know if it's considered a bug or not.

A good way to clarify would be "it's more of a request because...".
    Why is it considered more of a request than a bug? I only have blanks to fill. Those blanks will, correctly or incorrectly, be filled with ignorant reasoning due to the lack of proper communication.
    It would not matter if i agreed or disagreed. I would get a proper reasoning and context, which would clarify everything.

• SI Staff

Those are some considerations for us to bear in mind on our side. We do make sure to update the tags on these threads and perhaps we rely a bit too much on that in combination with our post to frame our responses. Here's a snapshot of a few examples, with the info provided being this particular thread. 

aa3df60ecf10d94f2ee6f2e9da0a073b.png

We aren't always in the position to be able to provide a meaningful answer as to why something was done a certain way. Sometimes we're lucky enough to have been aware of the reasons behind something or get contributions from someone involved with a particular decision process but that isn't always the case. For the avoidance of doubt in any instance we're suggesting something (even if only a specific part of a post) should be submitted as a feature request its because its not the current intention of the design/system to function that way.

On 27/10/2022 at 19:46, kripet said:

I remember people reporting this issue a few FMs ago (21 was last I played). Can't believe it hasn't been sorted out, such a small and tedious thing that should be an easy fix...

the same here as with the training option when we have to click to see the tasks of the trainers