• Promise broken after agreeing 'reasonable fee' with player and then rejecting offer

CFuller
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Here's how to recreate this bug. Load up the save file provided and advance to 24 January, when you will receive an offer from Arsenal for Guido Rodríguez.

CFuller_Rodriguez1.thumb.png.9f1ec0ad81a391233ea265d2612e6005.png

Click on 'Persuade to Stay' to try and convince Rodríguez to stay at the club. Say that "I will let you go provided we can negotiate a reasonable fee for you", and then select a value of £40million (or just leave it at the default £38.5million). Rodríguez will accept this, and the 'current offer' will change to reflect the fee that has been agreed.

CFuller_Rodriguez2.thumb.png.39d90de87c1f8e8b6b296f9d65429cb2.png

At this point, you can 'Negotiate Offer' or 'Suggest Terms'. If you suggest terms at £40million, Arsenal will pull out of the deal and Rodríguez won't bat an eyelid. If you suggest terms at £38.5million, Arsenal will negotiate down to £35million, which you can freely reject without Rodríguez getting unhappy about it.

But to recreate the bug, you should click 'Reject Offer' and then continue the game.

CFuller_Rodriguez3.thumb.png.b94f7e02424d50490391a3c6681d3f17.png

Rodríguez will come back to you and say that he is unhappy the promise was not kept, because I rejected what he considered an acceptable bid from Arsenal. But he agreed to a £40million fee - and Arsenal never actually offered us £40million, did they?

Is Rodríguez unhappy that I agreed to a reasonable fee, but then refused to negotiate further with Arsenal after agreeing to this fee? If that's the case, surely this could be made clearer.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments