• Crash with no error message/Crash dump

HurriKANE
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

The game has now crashed twice randomly without an error message. Both times were during regular navigation of inbox, not during a match or loading. Most recently, I was trying to navigate to the "compare player" pop out by right clicking and then mousing through the menus. The game froze briefly when trying to bring up the popout to select the player to be compared to, then closed on its own with no error message, and no crash dump saved in the crash dumps folder. Trying to relaunch the game, either via the menu icon or through steam, causes a crash during the initial loading screen (again, it just closes w/ no warning or message). The only way to successfully reopen the game I have found is to restart my computer, at which point the game loads successfully until the next crash (incidentally, this last part, needing to restart between plays, was an issue with both fm22 and fm21 that I never was able to resolve).

Happy to provide saves. Not sure what else would be useful. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Sorry for 20 questions.

I don't think at this stage, the save will be helpful unless you are having the crash in the same place, following the same steps. Try the above and let me know how you get on. 

If at that point you are still having the issue, please generate a Belarc profile https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997103363345-How-to-find-my-Belarc-file-for-Football-Manager-support-#text

And upload this to ownCloud for us to review: 

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the swift response! To answer your questions: 

No tactics loaded, but I was using a couple of graphics files--the Work the Space skin, a facepack, a logo pack, and the real names fix, all from FmScout. 

I don't have any antivirus software other than Windows Defender

Windows is up to date

I am attaching the DxDiag here (I wasn't sure whether it should be uploaded like a save or not, can do that as well)

There is an event for the each crash in event viewer, though I don't know how to parse it. Screen shots attached. (error 1 is the crash while in game, error 2 I believe is the crash upon trying to relaunch) 

I did not do the clear cache/verify cache as I figured (probably in error) that having just downloaded the game there wouldn't be anything to clear/verify. 

Let me know what if anything else you need. 

Thanks!

error2.png

error1.png

DxDiagfm23.txt

• Administrators

Can you try removing save games from the folder and relaunching? Put them in another folder for now.

Please do clear the cache and preferences if you've managed to successfully launch the game before and played / loaded a save game. 

I'd like to revert your system to a 'vanilla' like install state so we can work to verify your actual issue. Thanks.

I followed the steps above (moved saves, cleared cache, verified game files) and launched the game. I was able to quick start a career and clicked around a bit just to see, so far no issues. This, however, is the same thing I experienced previously--after a computer restart, the game loads just fine and remains that way until the next crash. 

I successfully exited the game and added the save files back and loaded no problem. Will play for a bit and see what happens. 

• Administrators

I'd hope not but it could be you are encountering a different crash altogether. I'll mark this as resolved for now, but let us know if you have any more issues.

Hi @Lucas

Played fine for a couple of hours last night; today crashed twice in 30 minutes. Same as above, happened while navigating (once on pre-game team talk screen and again while trying to set my team for a different match) 

I can post dx diag or event viewer again if that is helpful (the errors looked similar to the ones screenshotted above, same exception codes)

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to repeat troubleshooting steps (clearing cache, moving files, etc) after each crash. I have not been. I also didn't restart in between these crashes but have since. 

Edited by HurriKANE

Hi,

I don't know if I should start a new thread for this, but I'm still experiencing multiple kinds of crashes on a fairly regular basis. 

1. If I have played another game on steam between exiting FM and loading it later, the game will crash at some point during the next load, almost without fail. These crashes are like the ones described above--they can happen on any screen, often on a click, and the game exits instantly with no error message. Usually trying to restart the game without restarting my laptop will result in a crash on loading.

2. I am also experiencing a rarer crash that does trigger the SI games error message. Today it was while trying to start a new career...I was able to get to advanced set up and the game loaded the database, but clicking on "edit profile" on the manager screen caused the game to crash.

Please let me know what I can do or what other information I can provide. I will go through the troubleshooting steps (again), but it is not feasible to do this every time I want to play. 

Thanks