• Lag after MacBook Update to Ventura? Please help.

FM-Lee
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello, 

I have a MacBook 2021 M1 Max 32GB. The last few days I noticed very subtle stutters occasionally during games. I noticed that there was a MacBook update ready, I thought this would solve the issue. However, it’s noticeably worse and doesn’t seem as smooth as it should at all. It was a lot smoother only a week ago. 

Is there anything I can do about this as it’s ruining my enjoyment of a save. 

Thanks. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Are there any particular camera angles in use when this happens? Is a lot of the crowd showing for instance?

On 01/11/2022 at 07:47, Lucas said:

Are there any particular camera angles in use when this happens? Is a lot of the crowd showing for instance?

This is just in general gameplay. The match engine isn’t running as smooth as it was prior to the MacOS update. I was hoping there’d be a patch to optimise FM with the MacOS Ventura? 

have some facepacks and club logos as I have since the start. I’m using the in game editor. No, it’s happening on all saves as well as saves I’ve tested on FM21 and FM20. Strangely,  I’ve noticed the issue is no longer there is if increase the text size, although obviously not a solution as I can’t  manage the game properly as I can no longer access all of the options. 

I’ve also noticed it seems to work fine when having the settings overlapped on the screen, as soon as I click off it becomes less smooth again. 

So it clearly can run smoothly, however refuses to on default size settings. 

Runs smoothly in windowed mode but not full screen?