• Save games are saved in the original directory after changing the game directory

BleeJ
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I changed the game directory from its originally spot (Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023) to another hard drive (D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023).

Graphics were loaded without any issues, but the save games and auto saves were still located at the old directory.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

If you've changed the location in preferences but it hasn't mapped these over have you since tried opening the save and then using the save as option and navigating to your new folder on the D drive?

Same issue for me. Set location via preferences before first launch.

The mapping manually is a workaround, but the game defaults to C: regardless of preference alteration in Steam. Appreciate it could be to do with Steam not mapping things out properly rather than the game. 

• Administrators
    On 22/10/2022 at 08:05, joe5p said:

Same issue for me. Set location via preferences before first launch.

The mapping manually is a workaround, but the game defaults to C: regardless of preference alteration in Steam. Appreciate it could be to do with Steam not mapping things out properly rather than the game. 

You need to make sure it's set within the FM in-game preferences under 'location' as well.