• Can t sing a player whose contract expires in less than 3 months

vaggelis
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have a save in the second division of Greece, the date is 25 March 2023 i found a player from the same league whose contract expires in 30/06/2023 and when  i am going to give him a contract the following message appears.

'you can not make contract offer for this player.'

'you  must have a transfer offer accepted before you can enter into contract negotiations with this player.'

But other teams can make an offer to my players whose contract ends in the summer.

I upload 3 photos 2 of them is from the player i want to offer a contract,

and the third is from a player of my team who accepted an offer 5 months before his contract expire.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 001406.png

Screenshot 2022-11-04 001427.png

Screenshot 2022-11-04 001449.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

I'm not familiar with Greek transfer rules myself, but this seems like it is in some other nations like England where you can't approach players within the domestic league until a later date. If this is wrong let me know as it would be something to move to league specific issues.

I know about this rule in england but in greece  when i played FM ii  you could sign a player that way.

But i think i found the problem.

The team i am managing right now has a transfer ban till 1/7/2023.

I added a manager in the same league and i could offer a contract to a player whose contract ends in summer.

Although if i try to make an offer to a free agent i can negotiate with him.

I suppose that it should be the same both ways, and i explain, because the team has a ban  the game should either let me offer a contract to both free agents and players whose contract ends at summer and the date of the contract should starts from 1/7/2023 the date that the ban ends or dont let me offer any contract till the ban ends.