• Loan contract wages changed after bid was made but loan team still paying higher wages

HibeeRyan
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

Hi,

I offered Geubbels out on loan and Charleroi offered 80% wages (17.5k), after accepting this offer I then gave Geubbels  a new deal on 10k a week, however when he went out on loan Charleroi have still ended up paying 17.5k which is still showing as 80% even though he signed the new deal before the loan was finalised so they should only be paying 8k (80%).

image.thumb.png.51afd3324701a231ae1e04febf62ae70.pngimage.thumb.png.7aa8c3ffdcd4ea6f2311e2c040a2bf04.png

You can see in the above screenshots that the new contract was signed before the loan deal was finalised so Charleroi are now paying 175% of his current wage rather than the agreed 80%. 

I have tested this and 3 times it has ended up in the same way with the loan team paying more than they should. The attached file should start on the 5th July with the transfer and contract either happening on the 6th or 7th July if you continue forward.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for raising this one to us. It's a bit of a strange one of course, a small part of me thinks however that if the club had agreed a contract to pay him £17.5k per week they would be obligated to follow through on that. Indicators like the % just help to give it a bit more of an at a glance context, but thinking about it from a real world perspective I can't imagine the contract write-up would be "We will pay the player 80% of their wage". 

One for QA to look at a bit further, just some additional thoughts I had really on were something like this to have happened in a real world scenario.

11 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for raising this one to us. It's a bit of a strange one of course, a small part of me thinks however that if the club had agreed a contract to pay him £17.5k per week they would be obligated to follow through on that. Indicators like the % just help to give it a bit more of an at a glance context, but thinking about it from a real world perspective I can't imagine the contract write-up would be "We will pay the player 80% of their wage". 

One for QA to look at a bit further, just some additional thoughts I had really on were something like this to have happened in a real world scenario.

You might be right Michael. It just seems a bit unfair for Charleroi, in this case, to be paying considerably more than the player is on at his parent team. But what is fair and what is correct aren't necessarily the same thing. 

I can't say I noticed how it works on FM22 in a similar situation but I thought it better to flag up in case it isn't correct.

• SI Staff

So QA have looked into this, and while the flow of events is something we might look at in the future it does feel as though everything is working as intended. Ultimately Charleroi are just on the unlucky side of the agreement here.