• Unable to “approach to sign”

MDGK
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Bournemouth Save: Went to sign Brereton-Diaz as his contract was due to expire 30/6/23 on 10/1/23 but, under contract there was no “approach to sign” only “make offer”.  Some notes, there were 2 bids of £0 (end of contract) from Girona & Vallecano, eventually went to Girona without me being able to offer terms. 

When searching through other “expiring in 6 months” randomly some I was able to approach to sign and some I was not.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

As an English club you wouldn't be able to approach to sign other players at English clubs at the 6 month point. Off the top of my head I believe its 6 weeks for an English club to approach to sign a player at another English club.

8 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

As an English club you wouldn't be able to approach to sign other players at English clubs at the 6 month point. Off the top of my head I believe its 6 weeks for an English club to approach to sign a player at another English club.

Cheers lad, makes sense, couldn’t remember if previously this was allowed in past editions.