SI have rushed this patch

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

If you believe there to be data errors, please report them in the bugs forum, and the relevant researcher will have a look. But with all data, it's subjective, and they must believe what they originally put in, otherwise they wouldn't have done so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before everyone rushes over to the bugs forum - please report any data issues in the Data forum rather than the bugs forum. Cheers. icon_wink.gif

Are the problems with high amounts of goals being scored happening with non-user controlled teams? It could be that because it was hard to score pre-patch your tactics are very attacking based, tried rebuilding your tactics?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gazzamcg:

I think the majority of people who have played FM over the last few years would say that this version is proof FM isn't progressing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seriously, people should stop making statement like this which is essentially a guess (i wouldn't even called it an educated guess) based on a few moaners in the forum. It is not contrcutive and it is most certainly not criticism. it's merely a random rant.

Hi Miles, gotta say mate I have played FM since the old Amiga days and this is the best game yet, especially after the second patch.

I also think the game is progressing well, perhaps some people who was having a little dig at the game is slow should have ago at championship manager 93 on the amiga and see how slow that was, considering it was from a floppy disk and constant access was needed or better still get a faster computer.

By the way I am 31 and still play this game far to much as it gives me so much enjoyment. Also my 5 year old have started playing it with me and he loves it when we score even own goals.

So in short a big thumbs up to all of you!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gazzamcg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Gazzamcg - you reckon that over 500,000 people playing the game would say that. based on a handful of people on this forum? That's a very large statement to make on your part, and is one that you can't possibly back up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't back it up ...

But I do believe that the majority who have played the last few version would agree at how slow this game is progressing. icon_biggrin.gif

But, perhaps people like myself expect to much ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that the vast majority who have played the last few versions would agree how wrong you are :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigerhgrrrrrr:

Heh

With the patch and my mage in my last saeason

Man City 8:4 Man UTd

Everton 5:6 Man City

Man City 7:1 Liverpool

Man City 3:3 Man UTd

Man Utd 3:3 Man City

Man City 4:3 Arsenal

)) the 8:4 was a bizzare one ...

this game is flawed beyond repair

Welcome to Basketball Manager! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you by any chance score a lot of your goals from corners?

I can't say I've noticed anything too odd with the goals totals.

I've played one season on 8.0.2 database as Cowdenbeath:

42 games

66 scored (1.6 p/m)

54 conceded (1.3 p/m)

Scored four or more twice, conceded four or more twice, in 42 games.

Seems about right for a team finishing 4th from 10.

As a compartison for that, Peterhead are currently 4th in Div Two. Taking their league stats this season from the BBC Website, they have

25 games

43 scored (1.72 p/m)

38 conceded (1.52 p/m)

ALthough that doesn't take into account cup games, so my Cowden stats (league only):

Games: 36

Scored: 59 (1.64 p/m)

Conceded: 45 (1.25 p/m)

So the average total gaols per game in league matches as an aggregate for and against my cowden team is 2.89, while the team in the position IRL that my team managed on the game average 3.24, actrually slightly above the game average.

Archived