[FM09] From Hong Kong With Love

Raware

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grats on a great season there m8.

The Ueafa Cup, that is one of the hardest titles to win. You're usually at a stage where champions league is just a tad to hard for you, yet some of the Great teams always gets knocked out in a tough group fromm CL, and you ofcourse are no match for them. I don't think I've won that competition in years.

So grats on reaching the final of a european cup. Great achievement!

Excellent work as usual on yer updates :)

Great season Raware, unlucky to fall at the final hurdle in the UEFA. I'd scecond the idea of having a friendly comp between old clubs. And congrats to AFC Wimbledon, in the top flight at last

Cheers :thup: I may look at setting that up for next season's pre-season. It would've been nice to have taken AFC Wimbledon there myself but i just couldn't turn the Rangers job down a couple of seasons ago.

Good updates - loved the Special Edition sticker!

:thup:

The Ueafa Cup, that is one of the hardest titles to win. You're usually at a stage where champions league is just a tad to hard for you, yet some of the Great teams always gets knocked out in a tough group fromm CL, and you ofcourse are no match for them. I don't think I've won that competition in years.

Excellent work as usual on yer updates

:thup: It is a tough cup to win, like you said, good teams that get knocked out of the CL are usually the one's who beat you. I think i've only ever won the UEFA Cup once in all the yars i've been playing CM/FM. I was surprised to reach the final though so even though i lost i was pleased at the progress we made.

Great season Raware, unlucky to fall at the final hurdle in the UEFA. I'd scecond the idea of having a friendly comp between old clubs. And congrats to AFC Wimbledon, in the top flight at last

Cheers :thup: I may look at setting that up for next season's pre-season. It would've been nice to have taken AFC Wimbledon there myself but i just couldn't turn the Rangers job down a couple of seasons ago.

Good updates - loved the Special Edition sticker!

:thup:

Excellent work as usual on yer updates

:thup: It is a tough cup to win, like you said, good teams that get knocked out of the CL are usually the one's who beat you. I think i've only ever won the UEFA Cup once in all the yars i've been playing CM/FM. I was surprised to reach the final though so even though i lost i was pleased at the progress we made.

Been following this thread from the beginning - keep up the good work Raware! :)

I've had the same problem with players wanting to leave for apparently 'bigger clubs.' But great job on the transfers! £45 million left over isn't bad heh? ;)

Been following this thread from the beginning - keep up the good work Raware! :)

I've had the same problem with players wanting to leave for apparently 'bigger clubs.' But great job on the transfers! £45 million left over isn't bad heh? ;)

Cheers Millsy :thup:

It's crazy that so many of my players wanted move's. After winning 3 trophies last year and just missing out on a 4th, i would've thought that would've been enough to tell the players that they may go one further in the future and claim a european trophy, but apparantly not. To quit Rangers for teams like Ipswich, Bolton and Fulham, granted they're in a bigger league but they'd stand more chance of winning something at Rangers. But like you said, £45 million left over isn't bad! :D Atleast my finances are looking ok now!

Im pretty new to Football Manager and this is pretty much the first one of these threads i have read. Its really well written and i will be following from now onwards mate.

Thanks :thup: and glad you're enjoying the read :D Good to have you following :)

That sure was a tough Champions League group! :eek: And you were very unlucky to go out the way you did - was there a little chat bewteen the club presidents of Real and Bayern before the game I wonder? ;)

Good luck for the rest of the season - hope you can turn it around in the league.

That sure was a tough Champions League group! :eek: And you were very unlucky to go out the way you did - was there a little chat bewteen the club presidents of Real and Bayern before the game I wonder? ;)

Good luck for the rest of the season - hope you can turn it around in the league.

It was probably the toughest group out of all of the group's drawn :(

I reckon you could be right about the Real and Bayern presidents! ;)

Thanks for the good luck wishes...although with the board's minimum expectation of a league win i think i could be queueing up in the dole line by the end of the season! It's going to take something amazing to turn around our faltering form...

Don't worry too much about it - I just had the same scenario in my save for gundo's challenge in the CSE Forum. The board were disappointed we didn't win the league but I survived. I don't think they'd accept two seasons in a row without the title though...

Ok guys, just a quick question -

I'm just about to start my 4th season in charge at Rangers and have already had to rebuild my side twice due to players wanting to leave to move to bigger clubs. Now i can understand that but my current problem is that some of my players, 9 in fact, are unhappy because they feel that there is too much competiton for a first team place. I've sold 15 players to reduce the first team to 22 players but they're still unhappy about the amount of competition. I can't afford to lose any more players and if i have an injury ravaged season like last year then i won't even be able to field a team. I've linked some pictures of my 1st team, reserve team and u18's team below.

Rangers 1st team

Rangers reserve team

Rangers u18's team

As you can see, i have 22 first team players, 16 reserve team players, of which 10 are out on loan to gain some first team experience and 5 youth team players. So, a total of 43 players on the books with 33 currently available for selection. Hardly 'alot' of competiton.

So my question is, what can i do to prevent my players being unhappy about the amount of competition? With only 33 players available, in which probably only 25 are ready for first team football, i really can't afford to sell anybody else. It's clearly having an effect on the teams morale which is one of the factor's that caused us to massively under perform last year.

Any help would be much appreciated :thup:

Thanks.

I don't want to leave. The players are saying that there's too much competition for a first team place but i have the smallest squad in the SPL and the other teams are fine...no sign of unrest in their squads despite their large squad sizes. I wouldn't mind if it didn't affect the players but it does. I had the same problem last year and we suffered badly, eventually finishing 22 points behind Celtic. I'm wondering why they're unhappy when clearly there is no competition for starting places, or very little competition.

Yeah, i rotate all the time. If i had a squad size of 60+ like the rest of the teams in the SPL then i could understand it but with my squad only being 30-40 and half of them listed as hot prospect's i fail to see how there's too much competition. Even my back up keeper gets games. It looks like i'll have to start looking for jobs as with this crippling morale issue i'm gonna get fired by the end of the season.

If it's bugging you, then see what other jobs are available. Or declare intrest in jobs that you want & the manager is insecure. The board will probably fire the manager and try to appoint you.

The other team won't necessarily sack their manager and appoint Raware. And his declaration of interest may be enough to convince the Rangers board to get rid of him, as he's already insecure.

The other team won't necessarily sack their manager and appoint Raware. And his declaration of interest may be enough to convince the Rangers board to get rid of him, as he's already insecure.

Yeah, that's something i don't want to find out. I've played on a month or so now and thankfully the majority of the players have requested to be taken off the transfer list. It seems that they're seeing there isn't that much competition and there getting games regularly. The morale is up and i can clearly see the difference in the way they're playing compared to last season. Touch wood it stays like that! :D

Ok guys, just a quick question -

I'm just about to start my 4th season in charge at Rangers and have already had to rebuild my side twice due to players wanting to leave to move to bigger clubs. Now i can understand that but my current problem is that some of my players, 9 in fact, are unhappy because they feel that there is too much competiton for a first team place. I've sold 15 players to reduce the first team to 22 players but they're still unhappy about the amount of competition. I can't afford to lose any more players and if i have an injury ravaged season like last year then i won't even be able to field a team. I've linked some pictures of my 1st team, reserve team and u18's team below.

Rangers 1st team

Rangers reserve team

Rangers u18's team

As you can see, i have 22 first team players, 16 reserve team players, of which 10 are out on loan to gain some first team experience and 5 youth team players. So, a total of 43 players on the books with 33 currently available for selection. Hardly 'alot' of competiton.

So my question is, what can i do to prevent my players being unhappy about the amount of competition? With only 33 players available, in which probably only 25 are ready for first team football, i really can't afford to sell anybody else. It's clearly having an effect on the teams morale which is one of the factor's that caused us to massively under perform last year.

Any help would be much appreciated :thup:

Thanks.

Players wanting to leave because of 'too much competiton' has always annoyed me as quite often, nothing seems to satisfy them, they just remain unhappy. It especially annoys me when I have a player I use as a DM complaining because I've signed a new AMC. :mad:

The only thing that works is, as you did, to transfer list some of them. Quite often, unless the player is really unhappy, within a few days/weeks, they say they want to stay and I offer them a new deal.

Just finished reading through all of your updates from the start, and must say I found your topic a very enjoyable read. :)

I also found your presentation format to be entertaining and well written.

Best of luck with the rest of your Season, and reclaiming your title.

I'm glad mate. In my Atletico Paranense save, I was worried about players constantly wanting away and the disruption that would cause. It's hopeless, so I know how you feel.

Yeah, it's frustrating. I'm glad i'm not the only one! ;)

Hey Raware, I'm a follower of this career and love the format you do it in. I was just wondering what training schedule you use for your youth and senior teams? Sorry for the off topic!

Thanks Wazaflo. I'm glad you're enjoying it and liking the format. I was beginning to wonder whether to change it or not as some people have said that there isn't enough detail in my updates. I personally feel that there is. I'll be posting a 25 year update soon of who's won what so that should give a bit more detail.

As for my training schedule...i just use the default training with just a slight alteration to the workload to avoid over training...it doesn't seemed to have helped last year though as i had 51 injuries in a 53 game season...and those injuries were just in game, not training injuries! So i may have to review it again.

EDIT:Din't read page 3, don't worry

:confused:

Players wanting to leave because of 'too much competiton' has always annoyed me as quite often, nothing seems to satisfy them, they just remain unhappy. It especially annoys me when I have a player I use as a DM complaining because I've signed a new AMC.

The only thing that works is, as you did, to transfer list some of them. Quite often, unless the player is really unhappy, within a few days/weeks, they say they want to stay and I offer them a new deal.

Yeah, it annoys me too but apparently it's because if you sign too many players that are natural in the same position, regardless if you're intent on playing them in a different position, this causes them to be unhappy. My squad size is only 22 but because i have players who are natural in the same position, regardless that i've retrained them to play in another position, this makes them feel that there's too much competition.

Luckily, after playing on a bit, the players are now seeing that they're getting games and all but 3 have been removed from the transfer list. They'll probably want to move by the end of the year to move to a bigger club as usual.

Just finished reading through all of your updates from the start, and must say I found your topic a very enjoyable read.

I also found your presentation format to be entertaining and well written.

Best of luck with the rest of your Season, and reclaiming your title.

Thanks Bennico :thup: I'm happy that you enjoyed the read and hopefully you'll be following from now on :D Hopefully i can reclaim the title or i think i'll be getting the boot!

Very nice presentation Raware, good luck on catching Celtic! :D

Thanks joeissimo :thup: I think if i don't win the league this year then i'm gone :( Although, Celtic have just sold their best player to Real Madrid for £9.5 million which has caused a lot of unhappiness in the Celtic squad so i'm hoping that will work in my favour this year.

Rangers had a hard Champions League group....

I wouldn't be so requesting to have another Norwich league positions screenshot please..

Rated your thread as well.

I've got another tough group now the draw has been made :( It seems i never get the luck in the cup draws :(

Norwich City league process

Once i hit the 2033/34 season i'll be posting a 25 year update to show who's won what and any other requests.

I've just read the discussion thread in here and saw that people are now rating threads. Good idea :thup: although how do you see the thread ratings on the forum?

it took me 2 days 13 hours 07 minutes to do one and a half season, how can i get it quicker?

It depends how you play the game. If you're constantly tweaking your tactics, scouting, watching matches on full then it is going to take a long time to finish a season. I have my tactics pretty much set up as i do with my training. My scouts do the scouting for me and i watch games on extended/key highlights, plus i have a bit of spare time at the minute so i can get through a season or 2 in a week or so.

Great performance in the Europa League there Raware :thup: Is this the title winning season?

I hope so. After losing our league title to Celtic last year the board weren't too impressed, so failure again this year could spell the end of my tenure at Ibrox! :(

I'm hoping we can go one better this time in the UEFA Cup after losing out in the final 2 seasons ago.

Alright mate, can u send me a ss of the bristol rovers team and league positions over the years?

Bristol Rovers league process

Slowly caught up with this one this morning as its been a read ive enjoyed.

Cracking Europa League performance there and to be involved in the Title race is always important :thup:

Cheers Roolz :thup: Glad you're enjoying the read. I was beginning to wonder whether or not i should present my updates differently.

I was really pleased with our UEFA Cup performances in the group stages but unfortunately that's where it ended :( As always, the title race is always close in the SPL between ourselves, Celtic and Hearts and this year was no different. I'll be posting the next update soon...

Archived