[FM09] Dartford F.C. - Light at the End of the Tunnel

dafuge

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2032/33

Last season saw us regain our European crown after our failure the previous year.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a shocking start and it looked like we were competing for a CL place rather than the title. Things eventually settled down and we hit form and managed to take the title quite comfortably.

Community Shield - Newcastle were lucky to make it look close, we were by far the better team.

UEFA Super Cup - a great display against good opposition.

Club World Cup - a convincing win against not so good opposition.

Carling Cup - I put out a team of youth players in this competition and it was a bit of a shame they went out this early in a close match.

FA Cup - the youth were also given this competition and after knocking out PL Spurs and Newcastle they struggled against Championship opposition.

UEFA Champions League - remember Man Utd last season? This was our story, dominant all the way through but just didn't turn up to the final. Pretty gutted about this.

Transfers - since Benoit Martin wants to leave, two young defenders were signed to cover him, although I couldn't sell him so neither has really played.

Squad - there's seven of our own youth players in there, but none of them are forcing their way into the team.

Key Player Profiles:

Rayan Mondoloni - classy looking signing but his natural fitness means he'll never be able to play a whole season, especially on the wing. He broke his ankle and missed three months which pretty much ruined his début season.

Marco Emonts - this exactly why I smashed my transfer record and spent £75m on him, he made a huge contribution in a position that rarely does for me.

Ryan Caddis - he wants to leave and had his worst season for some time. I signed him as a 16 year old so I don't really want to lose him but should a decent bid come in, I will sell.

Oswaldo Even - my star player made the goal a game mark again but injuries plagued his season again.

Georgi Chernev - he still needs to improve but he is probably the best regen goalkeeper I have come across.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Blue Square South        1st         BSS Champions, promoted
2010/11   Blue Square Premier      1st         BSP Champions, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy winners
2011/12   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League 1       5th         Lost in playoff final
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 1       3rd         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca-Cola Championship   14th
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   5th         Lost in playoff semi
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   8th
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   2nd         Promoted
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  15th
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup winners
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Europa League winners
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, World Club and CL winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, World Club and CL winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and CL winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and World Club Cup winners

Next Season

Once again I face the challenge of regaining our CL title and this must be the main priority for the season. I will continue to try and bring through the youth players but I may have to have another blitz on the transfers.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unlucky in the Champions League dafuge. As you said, just like Man Utd (same opponents and scoreline too... :()

Out of interest, what are the board's expectations for the competitions you enter now?

Competition expectations

They are pretty unambitious, so as long as I do well in the league they seem pleased. Even though I fell a bit short last season I am still one of only two managers with a 'very secure' job status.

Jamaica - Gold Cup - 2033

There was no qualification and we found ourselves in a group with familiar opposition.

Jamaica vs El Salvador (group stage)

It wasn't the start I had planned. We had the better of the chances but it was an awful game.

Panama vs Jamaica (group stage)

Disaster. After the sending off we pushed hard for an equaliser but squandered all of our chances.

Jamaica vs USA (group stage)

We needed a miracle and we clearly were not going to get one. We scored a goal though \o/

Final Group Table

The Panama result cost as as we finished rock bottom.

International Career Overview

Season     Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2025       Brazil        Confederations Cup            Winners
2026       Brazil        FIFA World Cup                Winners
2027       Brazil        Copa America                  Quarter finalists
2028       Switzerland   European Championship         Group stage
2029       England       Confederations Cup            Winners
2030       England       FIFA World Cup                Semi finalists
2032       Spain         European Championship         Group stage
2033       Jamaica       Gold Cup                      Group Stage

Next Season

Following the match, I got this message. I can't blame them but I am a bit annoyed as it means I cannot finish off my World Cup qualifying campaign.

The national FAs seem to like dishing the sackings out after World Cups. In my Estudiantes Santander game, the Mexican manager just got sacked after his team were eliminated on penalites despite the fact he took them to the final of the last World Cup and led the World Cup Qualifiers with 5 wins out of 5 and no goals conceded!

You say your board are unambitious but they want you to at least reach the final and/or win three different competitions! :eek: Good thing you held onto that Premier League title!

You say your board are unambitious but they want you to at least reach the final and/or win three different competitions! :eek: Good thing you held onto that Premier League title!

The only reason I call that unambitious is because it wasn't long ago we were recording clean sweeps of all the trophies. The club has gone backwards in the last few years and the board don't really seem to mind.

A pretty poor season for you dafuge in only claiming 2 trophies. I guess your team are ageing fast and it looks like you need some replacements in fast. After spending £150+ million the year before will you be spending anything like that this year or do you have that kind of money to spend again.

As for the Jamaica job, well, it was always going to be difficult considering the giants of South America. I'm sure another national job will come up soon who you'll be able to take to glory. :D

A pretty poor season for you dafuge in only claiming 2 trophies. I guess your team are ageing fast and it looks like you need some replacements in fast. After spending £150+ million the year before will you be spending anything like that this year or do you have that kind of money to spend again.

As for the Jamaica job, well, it was always going to be difficult considering the giants of South America. I'm sure another national job will come up soon who you'll be able to take to glory. :D

I've got plenty of youngsters who are capable of replacing the ageing stars but they aren't really good enough to get in the team so a lot are getting wasted or make it big at other clubs. I'm also trying to use my own youth academy players as much as possible, which helps to explain the dip over the last few years. I have the finances to spend big again if I want to but there just aren't the players available to improve my team.

I just wish I made it as far with Jamaica to face the South Americans :( Hopefully something will turn up soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, after seven months without an international job I have found my ticket to the 2034 World Cup. I initially jumped when I saw the Scotland job had become available, but then I realised the reason why. The World Cup holders had failed to qualify, finishing 4th in their qualifying group.

Then, with just four months to go until the tournament started, two World Cup nations became available, Nigeria and Ghana.

It took a while for me to decide, but based on the current squad I went for Ghana.

They expect me to get to the second round, which could be a little ambitious with this group.

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

Last season we suffered the heartache of a Champions League final loss so once again, the aim was to regain our European crown.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a really weird season, after 31 games were were undefeated but in 2nd place (we were two games ahead in the middle of the season). Just as we lost our first game of the season, Arsenal imploded, allowing us to win the title with two games left.

Community Shield - cracking match, six in a row for us now.

Carling Cup - the scoreline was a bit generous but we played well.

FA Cup - was a bit of a shock to go out in the 3rd round.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was easy enough but things got interesting towards the end. The final was a simple affair, dominated by Even.

Transfers - a few youngsters were brought in, along with a solid midfielder.

Squad - there is a real mix of ages at the moment, I will be looking to bring the average age down soon.

Key Player Profiles:

Allan Arnold - brought in to toughen up my midfield, he did a good job.

Oswaldo Even - he's equalled his best ever goals total and done it scoring just over a goal a game. We really are not the same team without him.

Marco Emonts - the record signing had another good season but he's getting on a bit.

Goodbyes:

For the first time in this career, I have a couple of long term players retiring.

Patrick Keil - History - he was well past it this year and was only brought on in the CL final to go out on a high.

Saifallah Zitouni - History - a true legend at the club, made nearly 500 appearances and sparked the beginning of our success.

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square Premier      1st         BSP Champions, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy winners
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Europa League winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, World Club and CL winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, World Club and CL winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and CL winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and World Club Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, Carling Cup, and CL winners

Next Season

I think now is a good time to start making a bit more of an effort to bring my own youth players through, I'm going to try not to sign anyone more and rely only on my youth system. No idea how long this will last.

This is not good news, after waiting so long for this stadium it is annoying to hear it will not be as big as I need.

Good season but only 84 points in the prem? :D

I think that is my lowest total while winning the title. We have lost our period of dominance, we really struggle to win the title now.

I'd imagine with my new transfer policy it will only be a matter of time before we lose the title.

Ghana - World Cup - 2034

Qualification for the 2034 World Cup in Germany was managed by the previous manager of Ghana and they made it with ease.

Japan vs Ghana (group stage)

The stats didn't really tell the whole story here as we looked the more dangerous of the two teams. The late equaliser was a killer and will make qualification from this group very difficult now.

Ghana vs Portugal (group stage)

This was a superb result as we twice came back from a goal behind. Assuming Portugal beat Japan, this means we need a draw against France to qualify for the next round. A win and we are definitely through.

France vs Ghana (group stage)

We took an unexpected lead and tried to sit back and waste time. France bombarded us but just couldn't find a second goal.

Final Group Table

Japan managed a 2-2 draw with Portugal which left an interesting scenario. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how we qualified.

Ukraine vs Ghana (second round)

It was a fairly even game until we took the lead, we then shut up shop and protected it for the last 20 minutes.

Cameroon vs Ghana (quarter final)

For the first time this tournament we dominated a match but despite playing against ten men just couldn't find a winner. The penalties went to sudden death and thanks to one miss, we went through.

Ghana vs Belgium (semi final)

Once again our opponents found themselves down to ten men and once again we dominated the match. This time we were in complete control and made sure of the result with a late penalty. Truly amazing stuff as Ghana reach the World Cup final.

Czech Republic vs Ghana (final)

Wow. We took the lead with a stunning strike from around 20 yards and continued to push for the rest of the half. The Czech Republic came out in the second half and absolutely battered us, it really was 45 minutes of frantic defending followed by huge punts up the field. Somehow, we managed to hold on for the most unlikely of World Cup victories.

2034       Ghana         FIFA World Cup                Winners

Next Season

This really was the most unbelievable win in my career with a team that was supposed to just be a three game run out in the group stage. There's no way I can possibly follow up this feat with Ghana so I have resigned on a high. There's a number of high profile jobs available with at least four that I am interested in so it will be interesting to see where I go next.

That's outstanding stuff Dafuge! :)

Love it how you managed to get through the group stage without winning a game! :D

You did get a favourable draw but still, definitely well played. :thup: You actually played your hardest games in the group stage! ;)

Could you post up the 'tree' for the knockout stages (you know, where you go 'view--->tree'). If you can't get it all in, then just from the quarters would be good.

Thanks,

C.

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2034/35

With performances on the slide and the total dominance a distant memory, it was time to add a different angle to my Dartford team. I've finally made the decision to rely on my youth products, even if our success suffers because of it. I'm going to try not to buy any more players, instead I will be using the players promoted through my own academy. I'm going to keep the players I've bought at the club until the end of their careers, so the current superstars will stay for now to help us into this new era.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Last season we were pushed really hard by Arsenal and I was expecting this to be the first season where we lost our title in ages. Surprisingly, it was the opposite. Arsenal were not the force they were last season and we seemed to improve.

Community Shield - a fairly even match that could have gone either way which we won by the odd goal.

UEFA Super Cup - almost a replica of the Community Shield only Man City got the odd goal this time.

Club World Cup - easy stuff as usual.

Carling Cup - the youngsters were put out for the whole tournament so there was no shame in this loss.

FA Cup - revenge was sweet.

UEFA Champions League - I played my youth players throughout the group, which nearly cost us a place in the nest round. Things were going well until we reached semis. Semi leg 1 - it was a fairly even game so this scoreline was a bit harsh. Semi leg 2 - we battered them but it was all over once they scored, we won the match but were never going to win on aggregate. Since 2030 we have only won the CL every other year, will this run continue next season?

Transfers - with the new policy no players were brought in and a few signings were sold to give youth players a chance.

Squad - this is everyone who really featured this season, including my reserves.

Squad (youth products) - these are the players who have come from my own youth system. There's no real superstars there but they are more than capable of making it in the big time.

Key Player Profiles:

Oswaldo Even - the legend is on his way out as he had what is considered a poor season by his high standards. He's got a chance over the next few seasons of reaching the 500 mark but I will need to start looking for a replacement at some point.

Rayan Mondoloni - he was signed a backup player but he has been superb this season and looks like our best player at the moment.

Marco Emonts - yet another superb season from the record signing.

Bryan Bent - the first of my youth players to benefit from the new policy, the coaches don't rate him that highly but his decent physical attributes and versatility mean I'll be using him regularly.

Ken Johnson - he had the potential to be the next big thing as he is raved about by the coaches and plays in a weak position for us. Sadly, he has had a tough time with injuries so his chances have been limited.

Career Overview

2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Club World Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, Carling Cup, and CL winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, FA Cup, and World Club winners

Next Season

Naturally, the CL is my main target yet again but I'm hoping for some decent youth players I can introduce. I could really do with a new striker but we'll wait and see.

I've finally made the decision to rely on my youth products, even if our success suffers because of it. I'm going to try not to buy any more players, instead I will be using the players promoted through my own academy

Does this mean I get you in the YPP Thread again? :D

Great season too, daf. Destroyed the league.

Even is such an amazing player. Bryan Bent looks good too. For a 17 year old, he has a lot of good key attributes, and he's versatile..!!

Does this mean I get you in the YPP Thread again? :D

I doubt it, not this year anyway. I found that when I was doing my YPP reports with FC United it was taking me ages to get the reports written due to the number of players involved. At the moment I'm pretty limited for time so I want to try and spend my time getting through the seasons instead, that is why my season reviews have become a bit briefer than they used to be.

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2035/36

Once again, the team faced the challenge of the youth only policy as no new players were signed for a second season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Another decent league performance as the title was confirmed with games to go.

Community Shield - in a fairly even game we came out on top in a penalty shootout.

Carling Cup - a strong team was put out in the semi but we just couldn't beat Arsenal in the second leg.

FA Cup - bit of a shock as West Ham played out of their skins.

UEFA Champions League - we were lucky to get to penalties in this match but we were great from the spot. After 90 minutes I went all sentimental and replaced the departing Ryan Caddis with his young replacement and also brought on the two retiring players. I then went a step further and put all three of them in the penalty shootout, giving useless penalty taker Adrian Hendrie the chance to win it with the fifth. He missed it, which created a greater story as ex youth product Tamer Stevens missed to hand us the title.

Transfers - no players in as promised and a couple of high profile exits. Youth product Tamer Stevens was unhappy and when a £30m bid came in I could hardly reject it. French wonderkid Johan Mercier also joined Real Madrid in an attempt to give youth and English players a chance.

Squad - the number of foreigners is always decreasing, it won't be long until we are all English with a couple of exceptions.

Squad (youth products) - the two wingers make a significant contribution but I am still yet to see a wonderkid from my own youth system.

Key Player Profiles:

Oswaldo Even - the legend is really on his way out, he missed 3 months through injury which really hurt us this season.

Jerome Russell - he's not quite up to Even's standard but he did a pretty good job as a star striker this season.

Rayan Mondoloni - he's been superb, a fantastic signing.

Ken Johnson - with Emonts and Mondoloni in the team he has been a bit limited but he's made an impact in the games he's had. One of my better youth players.

Gary Gilder - even at the tender age of 16 this youth product has made an impact. He will take centre stage next season.

Goodbyes:

Ryan Caddis - History - signed as a 16 year old, this 'legendary winger' has become a true legend at the club by making over 600 appearances and scoring over 100 goals. He's been after a new challenge for the last five years but saw out his five year contract with great professionalism. There was nothing I could do to keep him and AC Milan managed to sign him on a Bosman. Thankfully we have Gary Gilder to replace him.

Adrian Hendrie - History - our old captain and my captain during my stint with England. He's never really been an automatic first choice but still managed to make close to 500 appearances. There's a possibility of signing him as a coach.

Nicolas Monaco - History - he's actually listed along with myslef as a legend in our club details. Signed as a wonderkid he had a shocking first season but then established himself as the club's top striker. This didn't last long but he found himself at home in the supporting role. He hasn't really featured for some time now but I wanted him to retire at the club. Scored exactly 200 goals for us.

Career Overview

2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Club World Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, Carling Cup, and CL winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, FA Cup, and World Club winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners

Next Season

The new approach to the team is looking promising and hopefully we will get a new striker in the next few years as Even won't be around forever.

Italy - European Championships - 2036

Qualification was fairly easy, although a few draws meant it went down to the wire.

Poland vs Italy (group stage)

We were dominant but found ourselves struggling. Thankfully our class showed just enough to see us win.

Italy vs France (group stage)

It was a close game and a total fluke decided it.

Italy vs Romania (group stage)

We needed just a draw and we took our chances well to secure a convincing looking win.

Final Group Table

Just that unlucky loss to France made it look in doubt.

Italy vs Germany (quarter final)

It was a tight game but we just about deserved the win.

Portugal vs Italy (semi final)

We were outclassed by the hosts in this match.

2034       Ghana         FIFA World Cup                Winners
2036       Italy         European Championsip          Semi Finalists

Next Season

Once again, I resigned from my position at the end of the tournament. As usual, I will look at the options available after the tournament finishes.

What a ridiculously good career this is Dafuge :thup:

What time of year did you start it roughly? Was it 9.3.0?

Looking forward to seeing who you get as your next international job!

Quite embarrassingly, this game was started at the end of April, with 9.3.0.

My new international job has now been confirmed.

I applied to Belgium, I didn't get it.

I then got offered European champions Portugal, I turned it down.

I then took on the mighty Romania :cool:

This is the qualifying group I face, which should be interesting since it features the nation that rejected me and the nation I resigned from, who tried to persuade me to reconsider. A second place and a playoff spot is my aim but in reality third place might be an achievement, the Romanian FA want me to get the playoff place.

Nice. Why did you turn down Portugal? And why the hell did Belgium turn you down :D?

Can you screenshot your best players for Romania? How do you rate your chances at the next World Cup!?

No idea why Belgium turned me down, but France have also turned me down twice in my career now. I wasn't interested in Portugal for two reasons, firstly I wanted a smaller nation and secondly I already speak Portuguese. My international career has enabled me to learna few new languages, Romania gives me the chance to get a new one.

Romania Squad

Marian Cretu

Florin Coman

Alin Bucur

I think I prefer to play as underdogs, I've struggled with the bigger European nations.

Sad to see Caddis go, did the thought of trying to sell him at the start of the season ever cross your mind? Monaco looks about 70+ tbh :D.

I tried to get a big price but no one was interested. I probably could have sold for around £20m but since I have over £500m in the bank money wasn't really an issue, it was worth taking a risk in the hope he would change his mind.

Very sad to see him go but it was perfect timing for the youngster who came through the year before. I think he could be just as good.

Romanaia should be an interesting job. Maybe you can repeat your feat with Ghana at the 2038 World Cup. :thup:

I think just getting to the World Cup would be a major achievement. I faced possibly the most important match in the group first, Belgium at home. We drew 1-1 so already we are up against it.

But surely you know by now what high expectations we have of you. ;)

Btw, interesting to see the languages you have picked up during your career. Has your varied international career led to chnages in your scouting knowledge too?

But surely you know by now what high expectations we have of you. ;)

Btw, interesting to see the languages you have picked up during your career. Has your varied international career led to changes in your scouting knowledge too?

My international career really has been a case of highs and lows, just look at the difference in my stints at Spain and Ghana.

Quite annoyingly, I lose all the scouting knowledge I gain form international management, so I just tend to get someknowledge from one country at a time, like this.

You gonna try focus on getting his Finishing/Composure up then? Good luck.

This year I'm concentrating on trying to get him to play down the centre rather than out wide, I'll be getting Oswaldo Even to tutor his as soon as possible.

Archived