Best Player on the Game (All round)

It's that time of year again where I come to these forums looking for advice. We've all had a good solid year on Football Manager '09 and I'm wondering, in all of your opinions I ask the question: Which is the best player on the game?

In FM 08 is was generally agreed that Mika Aaritalo was the best, for the money and the quality you got with him. Players like this were closely followed by Sakho, Stancu etc.

However, researching these players on FM 09 proved to be a bit of a failure, for starters not even being able to find Aaritalo.

So, I really have no answer to my own question...it's your turn!

Post the name (with a screenie would be helpful) of your opinion of the best player on the game. With the following rules:

> Value must not exceed £10m at start of game

> EDIT: Wage Demands must not Exceed £40k a week.

> Age must not exceed 26.

> The player must be found on the reccomended setup (on a large database) so the player is easy to find for all FM users.

I look forward to your replies!

Plymouthdylan.

On the earlier patches, Bojan because he can be bought on a free, I know it's a bit of a lazy suggestion but I don't think there's any arguing the amazing value for money in that

Plus you can normally get him for relatively low wages, for most teams with a decent reputation

In my old Tottenham save I got Leo (CD) from Gremio in my third season for about $12mil. He was absolutely fantastic- he was a great defender and always won the ball in the air making for some nice clearances on defense and lots of goals from corners. He scored a hat-trick in a game for me (all off of headed corners) and he scored in 3 of the next 4 games off of corners.

I'm currently playing as Genoa and I'll be looking to pick him up in my second season.

Victor Irineu can be bought for 50k or less and goes on to become a brilliant striker with great all round stats and pretty low wage demands. He is capable of scoring a goal a game and can probably be sold for a huge profit.

Victor Irineu can be bought for 50k or less and goes on to become a brilliant striker with great all round stats and pretty low wage demands. He is capable of scoring a goal a game and can probably be sold for a huge profit.

Can't buy him until the second season though. I would say Buonanotte is up there, price is about £4-5m, low wages, he goes to small teams, and can easily be sold for about £30m at the end of the first season. Another I like to buy is Gago, transfer listed unless you load Spain, comes for about £6m. Great player and you always have interest in him by January.

Buonanotte or Zuculini. Awesome little player's who are both as cheap as anything for how good they become. Buonanotte comes in for between £5-8.25m and only ask's for around £20k p/w wage's while Zuculini comes in for around £500k-1.5m and ask's for a huge £5k p/w if you are pushing it.

agreeed with bluebirds, marquinhos for £9m at start of game.. never fails to impress!! goood for every club he plays for.. iv had a save where he ends up playing for a team in each of the big european leagues, and hes ended up top 3 goalscorers/top 3 assists. and even for me (as i play him as a winger) 15+ assists a season. :D

On the earlier patches, Bojan because he can be bought on a free, I know it's a bit of a lazy suggestion but I don't think there's any arguing the amazing value for money in that

Plus you can normally get him for relatively low wages, for most teams with a decent reputation

How can Bojan be gotten on a free?

How can Bojan be gotten on a free?

On the release and 9.0.2 (I think), there was a bug that caused the AI to not renew his contract. So you could pick him up on a free at the end of the season. Was a little bit of a sad way to sign a player like him, but was worth using it! ;p

John Fleck for me, very cheap, young and versatile. Very good player.

THIS. In my Fulham save he's 24, scored 171 league goals in about 7 seasons (still 8 games left of the 7th season and he's on 25 :D). Considering he only scored about 5 goals in his first season since then he's averaged about 27 goals a season!

Bought him for £1.5m and he's just signed a "Key Player" £42,500 p/w contract, so his wages would've been well under £40,000 for the previous seasons.

A must buy no matter what team you are.

Im gonna cheat a lil bit on the 26 year old limit. Matias Lequi on a free for my Leeds team was an amazing signing and he's still my top defender now im in the Prem in my 4th season on the game. And I didn't cheat 2 much as his 27th birthday was only a month before the start of the game!!! ;)

Archived