FM2010: Players to look out for?

Opps

Hey guys,

Who do you think will be the players to look out for in 2010?

Heres my guesses;

Davide Santon - Should have the potential to be the best full back in the game.

Luis Suarez - Should have a huge boost in stats, scores for fun irl, class player.

Edin Dzeko - New Ibrahimovic?

Mounir El Hamdaoui - Shing star for AZ Alkmaar last season, scoring a lot and won the league with them.

Who else will be the stars of Fm2010?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All of them players will be good, but expensive. I'm looking forward to finding some young player who I can sign cheaply :)

Simon Kjær from Palermo (DC). He's already a star player after only one season, is 20 years old and have had his national debut back in february (on the proper national team, that is). Of course, it depends on your definition of cheap, since I've heard he has a clause of about 100 million DKK. Cheap in the long run but probably not so much immedietly.

Rumors have Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Chelsea, Liverpool and several others chasing after him all summer and still trying to sign him on and off.

This season alone he has been in goal.com's Team of the Week in round 1 and 7 (mind you, goal.com operates with a 3-4-1-2, making it much harder for a defender to make it). You'll definitely want to watch out for him in FM10.

Try out Michael Lumb from AGF in the Danish league. He's a left back and very talented. However, I can't really say how much SI pays attention to Denmark, so he's probably not that good (but hopefully have a good bit of potential). He is 21 years old and was named U-21 Player of the Year in Denmark in 2008. He has also been called up to the national team for two matches but haven't had his debut yet.

All of them players will be good, but expensive. I'm looking forward to finding some young player who I can sign cheaply :)

I have the same goal. I guess best would be if someone was familiar with the young South American and eastern European players, as those are the ones who are fairly unknown and thus available cheaper. Also I am looking forward to scouting the young players of various Premier League clubs such as Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, City and Everton. On my earlier games they were the ones who always had someone with great potential. But this depends on whether SI will include U17 players. If so Arsenal's youth academy migth have a lot of promising youngsters, like Aneke, Ansah and Afobe who are really showing great promise irl.

Dunno if you heard about him, but Wayne Rooney, im pretty sure his stats will be good :rolleyes:

Jokes aside, im just looking forward to the youngsters that you find and arent very well known :) (e.g. the Santon, Paloschi and Feghouli of FM2009)

I don't think there's anything wrong with Wilshere getting a stat boost, he's showing great potential so I don't see why not

I agree, he does look class he should be a -10 over Carlos Vela anyday. Vela is so over rated...

I don't think there's anything wrong with Wilshere getting a stat boost, he's showing great potential so I don't see why not

Yeah deffinatly, he should really be a -10 on the next one, i feel he deserves it :)

Lorik Cana

Cana is hardly terrible now though is he? Unless you mean in terms of being able to get him quite cheap. He's a good player now in FM09, and was a good player in FM08 as-well.

Henri Saivet has to be downgraded, surely. Done pretty much nothing to warrant the PA he has now.

Ah been watching him alot have we? ;)

Stevan Jovetic

david n'gog

Davide Santon

Simon Kjaer

and glen johnson

david n'gog?? you serious? to be fair he has the potential to be "as good as torres" os assisstant reports (being a liverpool fan) and although i dont like to admit it, he is overrated on 09 so if anything i can see him being downgraded. looking forward to having glen johnson though :thup:

i wonder what players like marquinhos and keirisson will be like on FM10? they showed so much promise on 09 but has anyone heard about them recently?

Jack Wilshere

Francisco Merida

Kieran Gibbs

Benik Afobe

Danny Welbeck

Federico Macheda

Glen Johnson

Gary Cahill

Edin Dzeko

Vedad Ibisevic

Zvjezdan Misimovic

Adem Ljajic

Jermain Defoe

Darren Bent

Jason Scotland

Andrey Arshavin

Thomas Vermaelen

Aly Cissokho

Just to name a few :) Anyhow, I'm hoping for more "unknown" wonderkids in FM10, it feels a lot better when you pick up a young lad from an unknown club and turn him into a world beater.

Being a norwich supporter im going to have to say im interested in what has happened to the youth players who were RUBBISH at best in 09 and are now 1st team regulars...

Korey Smith

Declan Rudd (already u19 international and seems to have found himself no1 spot at carrow road)

Adeyemi

Luke Daley

etc etc...

What ages are they cutting youths off at? ^ Declan Rudd is said to be better than Joe Lewis of peterborough but Jed Steer is said to be showing massive potential...at 15 16 i think?

Pedro- Looks pretty good every time I see him play.

Darren Bent - Only Torres has more prem goals so far this season IRL.

Craig Bellamy - For me he is currently one of the best players in the premiership, his workrate and determination are second to none.

Jordan Henderson - Already featured for Sunderland a few times this season should have a high potential and an increase in CA and stats.

Jack Wilshere - Can become great but should have a PA that is sky high, he is as good as any of the -10 players currently on the game.

John Brayford - Great player for his level and far too good for league two.

Lee Cattermole - Should have some stats increased and a higher PA.

I am sure there are plenty more player but those are the ones I can think of at the moment

Being a norwich supporter im going to have to say im interested in what has happened to the youth players who were RUBBISH at best in 09 and are now 1st team regulars...

Korey Smith

Declan Rudd (already u19 international and seems to have found himself no1 spot at carrow road)

Adeyemi

Luke Daley

etc etc...

What ages are they cutting youths off at? ^ Declan Rudd is said to be better than Joe Lewis of peterborough but Jed Steer is said to be showing massive potential...at 15 16 i think?

15 is the usual cut off but they dont include a huge amount of 15 year olds tbh... its probably only 15 year olds who agree to be in it with parental consent etc

really looking forward to what SI make of reuben-noble lazarus and zele ismael compared to how ive made them in 2009

rodwell should be bloody good.. he's looking like a very talented cb in the making.. his composure with the ball and off it is like that of rio at 25.

luc castaignos - has impressed me no end

buchtmann - great , great talent , liverpool starter for sure

wilshere - slight increase maybe but only in potential, he is nowhere near 1st team standard yet

nemeth - the liverpool striker has a lot more talent and potential then SI have given him in 09

carlton cole - deserves a boost imo, been impressive in a poor west ham team

joe ledley - one of the best players outside the prem in recent years and needs a boost to reflect it

myhill - easily comfortable as a keeper in the prem and needs prem stats to go with it

van der wiel - been a fantastic rb this season and needs a boost

eljero elia - brilliant talent.. obviously going to get a boost

luis suarez - ajax striker has been super prolific and very talented

skjelbred - is good in fm09 but he has been the best player in the league for years and needs a boost

loic remy - great player

alex rebko - russian international and great player

gamboa - looking great

taraabt - such a big talent.. and i want him to stay as such.. shame he hasnt furfilled it yet.

also.. older players like guiza , grafite etc will need a big boost

Edin Dzeko - New Ibrahimovic?

Don't insult Dzeko like that. :thdn:

From Manchester United I would have thought Federico Macheda will probably have an increase, but hopefully it wont be too drastic as he has done little to deserve it. Danny Welbeck should be quite a bit better though.

Defensive midfielder Fernando of Porto should have a fairly big improvement, as should Pdero Rodriguez of Barclona - have seen him play quite abit over the past 18 months, (haven't seen him yet thi season although he has a couple of goals), and he is a cracking little footballer.

No, because he never bloomin' plays

Three years now he's been 'a huge prospect, incredible talent' - never going to happen

He is like 18, soon to be 19. He still has time to progress, knee problems/injuries in general is his problem right now. I agree that he should be downgraded and he will be, but it’s not like he’s past it just yet.

loic remy - great player

Loïc Rémy? Great? Hmmm, he's good, not great. :(

Howedes is already pretty good on 09.

So are most of the people posted ;) Pedrito was one I forgot about about, I've mostly seen high lights of him, but saw a few friendlies he played and did very well in. Giovani dos Santos' brother didn't look half bad this summer either.

Jack Wilshere - higher CA and a -9 PA should make one of the better players

Eljero Elia - to this day would have rather had him than Arshavin

Jack Rodwell - Don't find him particularly impressive, but he's been playing alot

Aly Cissokho - He's been extremely impressive for the past year at two teams

Pedro - Been playing and scoring a surprising amount

Its not like anyone will be able to buy any of these players for reasonable prices anyway.

Archived