Draw=2 points is impossible :(

caragreg

i dont get why you get a point for just attending the game. It would make more sense to make losses -1 point.

with that system, if you are ahead of one team by 4 points and you lose and the team behind you loses, you are still ahead because you get a point for a loss? doesnt make sense...

...just looked into this and its true. wish someone could explain the logic to me behind this tho

i dont get why you get a point for just attending the game. It would make more sense to make losses -1 point.

with that system, if you are ahead of one team by 4 points and you lose and the team behind you loses, you are still ahead because you get a point for a loss? doesnt make sense...

...just looked into this and its true. wish someone could explain the logic to me behind this tho

As #3 said it's isomorphic to the regular 3-1-0 system. At the end of day it's just 3-1-0 plus the number of matches played, which should be the same for every team anyway (but it will look very differently, that's for sure).

Yes it is cosmetic, but changing the point system does seem a useful feature to me so I'd still support this request....

As far as I can tell, the 4-2-1 system is used in lower leagues (and many French territories) to encourage teams, who are essentially amateur, to fulfill their fixtures. By awarding 0 points for not playing, you punish forfeiture.

This isn't an issue in FM, as everyone will definitely play every match. A 3-1-0 system will produce the same placings.

That said, cosmetic accuracy is something to strive towards. Teams playing in the wrong kits doesn't have any affect on gameplay, but it's not something we'd want ignored...

I would like to be able to force extra time in the event of draws. Personally I would like 3 for a win and 0 for a loss in normal time and 2 for a win and 1 for a draw or loss after extra time.

That's similar to how it works in Ice Hockey isn't it? I think it's an interesting system.

Archived