FM10: Best midfield destroyers

Eiler

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

suprised no one have mentioned my fav, Fellaini, or an other favorite of many forum goers, Sandro from Internacional

maybe even Nick Montgomery of Sheffield United deservs a mention, since he is cheep to buy, and would relativly easy slot into a midd table prem team

• 2 weeks later...

They're not exactly poor though. And his tackling, marking, positioning, work rate, stamina, strength, determination, concentration, composure and anticipation are all top class. The thing with Sandro is that, not only can he 'destroy', he can also create really well, and is very good on the ball.

• 5 months later...

Annan is quality and you can get him for 3.2 mill at the start of the game. He's good at the beginning, but three seasons in he's up there with the best.

Tackling: 19

Marking: 17

Positioning: 17

Stamina: 18

Work Rate:18

Anticipation: 18

Also he has great pace and determination. I suppose the only thing that lets him down is bravery (15) and passing (12), but at his price he's an absolute steal :)

Annan is quality and you can get him for 3.2 mill at the start of the game. He's good at the beginning, but three seasons in he's up there with the best.

Tackling: 19

Marking: 17

Positioning: 17

Stamina: 18

Work Rate:18

Anticipation: 18

Also he has great pace and determination. I suppose the only thing that lets him down is bravery (15) and passing (12), but at his price he's an absolute steal :)

No, the only thing that lets him down is his card collecting hobby and his ability to break his team mates in training.

Bolzoni is a good shout though hejhOpp :thup:

No, the only thing that lets him down is his card collecting hobby and his ability to break his team mates in training.

Bolzoni is a good shout though hejhOpp :thup:

He needs the "Mark van Bommel and John Terry" PPM because all three of them get away with absolutely unbelievable stuff all the time.

The real life Annan rarely ever sees a card.

Hey everyone, great thread. I have to add one of my favourites to the list as he hasn't been mentioned. Recently went Werder Bremen and Torsten Frings may be getting a little old but he is still fantastic. I know he isn't purely a destroyer but I felt like he had to be montioned.

Ive built my team arouund a Mascherano/Cambiiasso right foot & left foot destroying combo:

___________Cesar

____David Luiz___Lucio___Chivu

Maicon_______________________Coentrao

__________Mascherano___Cambiasso

________________Sneijder

___________Eto'o__________Milito

Have to say, both of the argentines are sensational when iit comes to being destroyers, both of them are fantastic at closing down the ball, especially in the opposition half, and I have profited a lot from opposition errors because of the pressure put on them by these two. Cambiasso 4 reds, Mascherano 3 reds, and both have 11 yellows after my first season. Finished 2nd in the league if anyonee is interested.

have a look at mcdonald mariga from parma looks a fantastic prospect cost 5.75m in first season gets a work permit as well

I believe Mariga is at Inter Milan. He's usually transfer listed after a season or two. I have him as well for a newly promoted Sheff Utd side. He's doing a decent job as MCd, but he's getting sent off way too much, almost to the point where its intolerable. He got 4 red cards and around 10-12 yellow cards in his first season. He also has ppm of shoots from distance, but lacks the skills to really score from distance.

I second Moussa Sissoko. He turns out really well and he's turns up for a lot of my search filters in 2014. Great all around MCd.

I also mention Sunny from Valencia, good for championship or lower premiership. He's more in the DM mold than a MCd. Usually available for cheap.

Another one worth mentioning is M'bia.

I have to disagree about Moussa Sissoko as a destroyer. His Technique/First touch/Dribbling/Finishing get good enough for a box to box role.

Same with Sandro, he gets enough creativity/Passing to make him a DLP.

In fact those two are the spine of my getafe team. Bought them for 11M€ each first season. Third season I win the CL and start making a healthy profit.

I have to disagree about Moussa Sissoko as a destroyer. His Technique/First touch/Dribbling/Finishing get good enough for a box to box role.

Same with Sandro, he gets enough creativity/Passing to make him a DLP.

I dont disagree with you, but in my SP 6th season he's capable of playing almost at any role in MC, midfield destroyer included. But he's probably more suited as an all around midfielder, especially as the game progress. I would use him as a box-to-box myself.

Archived