FC United of Manchester- The real United!

Gardner SAFC

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add yourself as an unemployed manager.

1) Go on holiday until 24th June 2010, save, then go on holiday for one day.

2) Retire your manager.

3) Add a new manager and choose one of the new clubs promoted to the Blue Square North or South to manage (FC United in this case)

If the team you want isn't there, reload the save on 24th June, holiday for one day and continue from step 2.

Just started playing again after a 4 day enforced hiatus. Continuing in the same winning form as when I last played, and still in with a shot at winning the BSP. 5 games to go, 4 points behind league leaders Stevenage but with a game in hand. Have a Wembley trip to look forward to at the end of the season too, a FA Trophy final tie with Forest Green.

Automatic Promotion or Playoffs? We'll see...

And so it came down to the last day. Stevenage top on 92 points, FC United 2nd with 91 points. My main striker (Who I shall call 'DroughtMan') was suffering an 11 hour goal drought despite being my top scorer both last season and this season. Stevenage at home to Ebbsfleet, 8th in the table. We're away to Hereford, 6th in the table.

They draw 1-1. I need a win.

Who steps up to the plate? DroughtMan. 5 goals in a 5-2 away win!!!!!! CHAMPIONS ON THE LAST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so it came down to the last day. Stevenage top on 92 points, FC United 2nd with 91 points. My main striker (Who I shall call 'DroughtMan') was suffering an 11 hour goal drought despite being my top scorer both last season and this season. Stevenage at home to Ebbsfleet, 8th in the table. We're away to Hereford, 6th in the table.

They draw 1-1. I need a win.

Who steps up to the plate? DroughtMan. 5 goals in a 5-2 away win!!!!!! CHAMPIONS ON THE LAST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think im gonna start again, ive gotten to the premier league but i made the mistake of buying players who are good now but not good in 2016... I wish i never let my scouts talk me into signing Gareth Barry! lol

Think i shall give my FC United save a real go tommorow, ive been playing as Leicester recently but need to get back into it!

Finished 10th in the end =/

My record signing Keeper:

meyer.png

And a future world beater, signed from Derby after a managerial bustup:

braithwaite.png

VERY high hopes for these two, and the striker was the bargain of the century - only £100k!!! :o

The only thing holding them back is the league reputation. I'd be happy if I'd signed these two at a top club, never mind a L2 club :D

Also signed Harry Kane from Hamilton for 30k!

Harry Kane is now at Hibs after the chairman accepted a £1.3m bid in summer 2014, and Braithwaite went to Dinamo Kiev for £3.42m after the chairman (again) accepted the bid in the summer of 2015. Bought Ravel Morrison from Dundee for £30k in 2014, is now worth £1.4m. :D

Sitting 2nd in the Championship in 2015-16 atm, starting 11: (price paid)

GK: Cristian Meyer* (£750k)

DR: Nathaniel Clyne (£400k)

DL: Aidan White (£40k)

DC: Jake Buxton (free)

DC: Paul Huntington (£220k)

DMC: Stewart Pilkington* (free)

MC: Jonathan dos Santos (free)

MC: Craig Eastmond (free)

AMC: Ravel Morrison (£30k)

ST: Martin Egan* (free)

ST: Alex Brownlie* (£40k)

* = Regen

What a ****ing unbelievable season! I was expecting a relegation battle, not this:

league.png

10 goals conceded in the whole season! That's what you call defence!!!

Here's the squad and ratings: (dos Santos has been out for most of the year with a broken leg)

ratingsg.png

Still amazed at that defensive record!

Some results:

results.png

good going TacticalGenius! :)

I'm intreeged, how well do both Ravel Morrison and Johnathan Dos Santos play? Whenever i have him in my team, he doesnt really set the world alight and live up to expectations... how you been playing him?

Morrison has been my best player for the past two seasons, scoring and assisting in quantity. IIRC I've got him as an Attacking Midfielder (Support) but I've not been at my PC since tuesday, so I'm not sure. Jonathan dos Santos has been good, but broke his leg and missed most of last season :(

Still, played 3 games this season, beat WBA 2-0 away, drew 0-0 with Villa at home, and beat Blackpool (iirc) 3-0 in the CC 2nd round...

Finally back at my PC, and Morrison is playing as an Inside Forward (Support)

Last season (Championship): Pld: 51 Scored: 9 Assts: 12 MoM: 2 Rating: 7.00

Previous season (League 1): Pld: 55(2) Scored: 26 Assts: 17 MoM: 6 Rating: 7.27

Nice one, what kind of level you think they'd both play till? Championship at best or develop into decent Priemier League players?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just started my first proper game, and it's as FC United. Downloaded the save to have them in the BSN in 2010, and downloaded the kits and badges as well. I take my time with the game, so I won't be completing seasons in days. I'm currently a few days into the season and am advertising for staff as I have none lol. I've been predicted by the board to have a relegation battle, but the media have me 20-1 to win the league! :p

Decided to give FC United a go. Promoted from BSN in my first season through the play offs. Went down to penalties!!!!!!! Found the league fairly easy though with my tactics that ive established with other clubs even without quality players. Imagine that the BSP might be a different story though.

Can anyone recommend good staff for the BSP as im a bit light on the ground with just an assistant and a coach.

Cheers.

Add yourself as an unemployed manager.

1) Go on holiday until 24th June 2010, save, then go on holiday for one day.

2) Retire your manager.

3) Add a new manager and choose one of the new clubs promoted to the Blue Square North or South to manage (FC United in this case)

If the team you want isn't there, reload the save on 24th June, holiday for one day and continue from step 2.

Been trying this method all day today and still no luck :(.

Edit - Still havent seen Fc promoted into the BSN, did it take anyone else this long to see them promoted?

I've been playing pretty well in my first season, floating between mid-table and play off spots and having played 24 league games. My biggest win just came against top of the league Droylsdon, a game I won 5-1! I'm currently sitting 4th, but anything could happen with so many games left to play.

Edit: 30th game won, and am now first in the league for the first time. Automatic promotion, here I come! :)

Just a little update. Im top of BSN after 11 games and through to the 4th qualifying round of FA Cup. Really enjoying this lower league game and looking to push on for promotion now. Should have this season finished by today. Wish me luck

Yeah, it's good fun being a lower league manager. When you win a big game or do well in a cup, you feel like you've really achieved something. I'm hoping to have my first season finished today as well. Only got 10 games to go, and I'm just skipping from game to game due to having a team I feel can win the league so not wasting time finding players and such.

Edit: Good luck :p

Hey Sparky, how do you handle the press and media? Do you answer their questions yourself, or just leave it to your assistant manager? I do it myself, but find it eats up time I could be spending getting through the season. Does it effect the team in a bad way if I leave all the media questions for my assistant?

Hey Sparky, how do you handle the press and media? Do you answer their questions yourself, or just leave it to your assistant manager? I do it myself, but find it eats up time I could be spending getting through the season. Does it effect the team in a bad way if I leave all the media questions for my assistant?

I have hired a decent enough Assistant Manager to deal with press. I listen to most of his advice regarding players and training and stuff. Still going strong top of BSN after 19 games lost in FA Cup 1st round to Hednesford and playing Hyde in 2nd round of FA Trophy. Signed some decent loan players now though. Currently playing 4-4-2 formation, I'm looking to sign fast players as I find pace is the most effective in this league.

I've got a couple of nice loan players as well. One of the two strikers I've got on loan is my current top scorer in the BSN.

Six games left, and I only need to win the next two to be guaranteed at least a playoff spot. I don't want a playoff spot though. I want to win the league! :p

I wish. I can't afford to. I've been a Manchester United fan sinse I was a young boy, but was among many who were unhappy with Glazer's takeover. I still watch Man United games, but really like FC United. Would love to go to one of their games. Maybe when they come to Colwyn Bay next month, as I'm currently living in Colwyn Bay so it'd be convenient.

ANY ManUre fan who is unhappy with the Glazers, then goes to games, or buys club merchandise should be taken out of line and shot. That goes for all the hypocrites in the 'Green and Gold' movement especially. ****ing idiots the lot of 'em.

The only true way for the yanks to leave is for supporters to walk away from the club until they are losing money and decide enough is enough, and sell. Tough love.

I don't go to their games. I just watch them if they're on TV. I wouldn't pay to watch them anymore. I'm getting more and more into FC United with every game of theirs I watch highlights of. Really looking forward to next month when they come to Colwyn Bay.

TacticalGenius, do you still play your FC United save? If you do, how are you doing now?

Oh, and did you finish your first season Sparky?

My second season has started really well in the BSP. I signed some really good League 2 and BSP quality players. In my first league game of the season, I beat AFC Wimbledon 2-0. In my second, I beat Eastbourne Boro 5-0!It's only two games into the season, but I'm already in 1st place due to goal difference :D

Eastbournebeaten.png

Hi mate yes I finished my season won the BSN and now in BSP, really struggling though 15th after 11 games. Struggling to win games now though. What formation you playing this season, and can you recommend me any players for this season.

I've won 6 out of 6 so far, and am holding that top spot for as long as I can. I play either a 4-1-2-3 or a narrow attacking 4-4-2.

I got Simon Ferry on a free transfer. He's a young League 2 quality DM/M ©, and pretty awesome. Grant Basey came to me on a free. He's a left defender who is also League 2 quality and young. Chad Bond is a striker who has scored 5 goals in 5 league games, and is 24. He's also League 2 quality. David Livermore is another DM/M © who's 31, and is league 2 quality. I also recommend Marvin Sordell who's a 20 year old striker, and Lacquan Esdaile, an 18 year old central defender.

I'm currently trying to find some better staff. My staff aren't bad, but they aren't great either.

I just lost my first game of the season. It was against Stoke though, so I didn't expect to win anyway and the ticket sales made up for the loss. The Gigg Lane stadium was at maximum capacity, which I'm delighted about. I'm still in the FA Tropy and still top of the BSP, so I'm confident that I'll still win silverwear this season.

Archived