FM10: Takayuki Morimoto

Willis

Morimoto is one of those players who occasionally comes up in team threads, but never gets one of his own. As a result of his performances for my Wolves side, I thought that needed to change.

I bought Morimoto in January after getting a pretty good offer for Milevskyi, and he has been absolutely amazing for me. He seems to score all the time, including a haul of 4 against Fulham, and he gets a pretty good number of assists for a forward as well.

Further, he is described as a 'model professional' which means that not only should he realise his potential, he should also be a great tutor for the younger guys that lack professionalism or determination as well.

Screenshot:

taks.png

As you can see, he has stats in all of the right places for a striker, and he does the business on the pitch as well.

Highly recommended :thup:

Where did you get him from?

Catania :thup:

I think he starts at Catania. Btw, how are you playing him? That's a really nice return. I've always liked him.

I'm playing him as an advanced forward with attack duty.

Yeah, he's one of those players I always wanted to buy in older versions of FM, but never did, so it was good to get him in this game, particularly considering how good his performances have been.

He remarkably never got injured for me in FM09, for 3 seasons, and then broke his leg from a rash challenge. Was his Injury Proneness lower last year?

I had him in FM09 and he was the star of my Premiership winning Leeds side by 2014 or so. Don't remember having any particular problems with him getting injured last year.

Might have to give him a go in FM10 as well.

Any reason why he hasn't had any caps for Japan yet? Looking at him in your save he look pretty good. Is it because the Japanese team is not available in the game?

Yep. Plays for Italy on my game, after gaining citizenship. Got him in my Villa side in the 5th season, 10 goals in 11 PL games so far.

None of my scouts say hes injury prone. and he didnt have any injuries to keep him out more than a week so far.

and he enjoys the big maches so thats an other plus.

Im playing him as advanced / deep lying forward depending on whos out (cardoso suares) but im not too excited about him so far tbh. hopefully its a matter of settling in.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

bought him first season for birmingham (cant buy honda so i went for him... Habese went to wolfsburg...) for 13m euro. Surprisingly permit granted.

He has done wonder so far, scoring and assisting a lot and has developed quite nicely. i play him with salvador cabanas and the 2 feels they work well together - and they certainly do by feeding off each other.

He is however very injury prone in my game... Luckily enough never missed more than 3 months...

Id post a screenshot when i get home... *posted

fm2010morimoto.jpg

Morimoto is one of those players who occasionally comes up in team threads, but never gets one of his own. As a result of his performances for my Wolves side, I thought that needed to change.

I bought Morimoto in January after getting a pretty good offer for Milevskyi, and he has been absolutely amazing for me. He seems to score all the time, including a haul of 4 against Fulham, and he gets a pretty good number of assists for a forward as well.

Further, he is described as a 'model professional' which means that not only should he realise his potential, he should also be a great tutor for the younger guys that lack professionalism or determination as well.

As you can see, he has stats in all of the right places for a striker, and he does the business on the pitch as well.

Highly recommended :thup:

Question - what skin is that?

Archived