kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,006 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Originally posted by Mr Hough:

Does everyone else find this or is there a way of getting corners?

try marking the keeper and going for the near post thats a good way but you've got to have good headers and jumpers i use carrager

I know how to score when i get one its just that i only get one or two a corners a match.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dickotheman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Hough:

Does everyone else find this or is there a way of getting corners?

try marking the keeper and going for the near post thats a good way but you've got to have good headers and jumpers i use carrager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry mr hough on ready back my comment sounds a little harsh and ungratefull, thanks for the advice but i was questioning the number of corners people managed to obtain in a match, using this tactic

I

This tactic sounds great i am going to start my first game with arsenal. I have all the right players for the AMC roles van persie, hleb, rosicky and even eduardo. my problem is that fabregas is unconvincing as a AMC AND cannot play as a DMC. Does anyone play with arsenal with this tactic if so do you play fabregas as a AMC and retrain him to become more comfortable in the position or do you train him to play as a DMC with flamini

Excellent Kimz!!! Perfect!

took over juve after ranieri was sacked in november and started using this tactic after 5 games. won the league and cup after scoring 107 and conceding only 22. interestingly, my second highest scorer was micah richards with 14! hes lethal at corners. he would have been top but kanoute scored 6 against torino...

Originally posted by rimm!:

took over juve after ranieri was sacked in november and started using this tactic after 5 games. won the league and cup after scoring 107 and conceding only 22. interestingly, my second highest scorer was micah richards with 14! hes lethal at corners. he would have been top but kanoute scored 6 against torino...

micah richards should be as right DC ? icon_wink.gificon14.gif

what tweaks are you doing to only conced 22 goals i think that is inpossible with this tactic

olease share your tweaks

Originally posted by Mr Hough:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rimm!:

what tweaks are you doing to only conced 22 goals i think that is inpossible with this tactic

olease share your tweaks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not impossible, you guys need to be careful also, once you score 1-0 or 2-0 its time to change things and start defending, im with over 60 games with this tac and lost only 4 games do far, overall imo this is a amazing tactic to play in 2 conditions

1- at home against every team you can imagine, i rarely conceed goals and usualy win easily by 2 goals

2- away only against weaker / lesser teams, teams like arsenal are not good for your heatlh if you play this tactic

overall this is a tactic that works in big teams, the risk you take is huge but if your a big team other teams will try to defend hence giving the edge needed to apply so many ppl upfront, and most important have a backup tactic that defends / controls the result.

Originally posted by Tenji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Hough:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rimm!:

its not impossible, you guys need to be careful also, once you score 1-0 or 2-0 its time to change things and start defending, im with over 60 games with this tac and lost only 4 games do far, overall imo this is a amazing tactic to play in 2 conditions

1- at home against every team you can imagine, i rarely conceed goals and usualy win easily by 2 goals

2- away only against weaker / lesser teams, teams like arsenal are not good for your heatlh if you play this tactic

overall this is a tactic that works in big teams, the risk you take is huge but if your a big team other teams will try to defend hence giving the edge needed to apply so many ppl upfront, and most important have a backup tactic that defends / controls the result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mr hough: no tweaks at all, if i knew how to post a screenshot i would!

Tenji: dont really understand what is "not possible"??! and im afraid i disagree with all of your post. at home i score for fun, regularly winning 4-5 nil. away there is little difference in the scores and iv beaten milan, inter and roma away by big scores, so not "away only against weaker/lesser teams" at all!

"most important to have a backup tactic that defends/controls the result."- are you capello in disguise??! i know FM doesnt sack you for boring football but its a good job your not in charge of real madrid....

Having played this tactic on an old save game with 8.0.2 update this tactic is good but wears off, BUT if you start a new game on 8.0.2 this tactic (V1) is fantastic, and if you have the right types of players (very important) is nowhere near being unstable at all.

My feedback after using your tactic.

I'm playing AJAX and i'm in my second season (almost half way). I won the title (and cup) last year, so i had some success already. But the tactic i was using looked liked it weared off a bit having more and more problems to score. Defense was still ok though icon_smile.gif

Anyway, i started with yours and the first match was great. I won 5 - 0 against Rapid in the CL. A win i desperatly needed. But after that point it didn't go to well. It's a little unstable as other people have mentioned. The next one i won, but against RBC, almost impossible to lose. Lost against Feyenoord, won against Porto (could have gone either way) and lost against Vitesse. Maybe i need to give it some more time, but it doesn't feel very tight.

And here's why, for me that is.

The most dutch teams play with wingers. This tactic is great, unless you play against (fast) wingers. It's devastating.

The 2 defenders stay in the back, the rest all go up front and if a pass is intercepted they have a hard time getting back in position.

Even after some tweaking the crosses from the wingers into my box are overwhelming.

So for me this is not working, allthough the results in the CL are good, so i might just use it for the european matches for now icon_smile.gif

Great work though ... you might be really on to something that might work for all teams with some more tweaking.

GL!

Originally posted by Xs:

The most dutch teams play with wingers. This tactic is great, unless you play against (fast) wingers. It's devastating.

The 2 defenders stay in the back, the rest all go up front and if a pass is intercepted they have a hard time getting back in position.

Even after some tweaking the crosses from the wingers into my box are overwhelming.

as i said before, with right team talk and right player, these tactics (v1 & v2) working great... icon_wink.gif

the weakest side of these tactics is defending side, as farrow long to opp defend area

so we need fullback and DC with high speed (pace and acceleration) and workrate

at my spurs game woodgate with 12 workrate playing like a crap, almost all opp goals is from his mistake... icon_mad.gif

make a late closing down often...especially againts team with good striker...

so...spend your transfer budget to buy a good and suit defender icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Deano1981:

Hi Kim and other FM managers...

I was wondering if anyone has had sucess adapting this tactic to lower league teams in Div 3 or conferance?

I tried with Cambridge and Dag & Redbridge with crap resultd but I fear its my ability rather that this ace tactic everyone else keeps raving about.

If you have made it work was it through buying more suitable players, tweaking team or indervidual instructions, etc.

im never playing lower league teams with these tactic.... yet. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tenji:

overall this is a tactic that works in big teams, the risk you take is huge but if your a big team other teams will try to defend hence giving the edge needed to apply so many ppl upfront, and most important have a backup tactic that defends / controls the result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mr hough: no tweaks at all, if i knew how to post a screenshot i would!

Tenji: dont really understand what is "not possible"??! and im afraid i disagree with all of your post. at home i score for fun, regularly winning 4-5 nil. away there is little difference in the scores and iv beaten milan, inter and roma away by big scores, so not "away only against weaker/lesser teams" at all!

"most important to have a backup tactic that defends/controls the result."- are you capello in disguise??! i know FM doesnt sack you for boring football but its a good job your not in charge of real madrid.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you disagree with me in all altough i agree with you on the subject of not conceding many goals, thats funny realy.

about the defensive tactic, its only away for big matches ( depending on the other team tac ) or for keeping important results, a solid team with a decent 4-4-2 will break you if you use this tactic away, having a backup system is not boring its actual being competent.

Alright, used this tactic for one and a half season now as Bolton.

Finished 4th in the League first season and won the Carling Cup.

I leak goals sometimes against the big teams, will do a few tweaking to see if it could work well.

With Chelsea I had a 50 match unbeaten run winning the quadruple two seasons running...

Quit cause I got bored with winning everything, Bolton's more of a challenge...

I've run these tactics on a holiday season

V2 90pts &107pts

V1 100pts

Std 442 68pts

In Real game with Spurs V1 (No OI) Played 10 won 9 lost 1 Villa at home after Cup game (usual poor performance) and 4 wins against big 4.

If V1 does not work I change to V2 then close down with 4141, dropped fullback Farrows against MU. The tactic is similar to the MU tactic anyway apart from farrows instead of sarrows.

Berbs at one stage scored 14 goals in 7apps (No CF with this tactic).

Team fairly std 1st season

Robbo

Hutton

Samba

Woodgate/Kabul

Bale

Zakora

Jenas

Guilherme

Fernadez

Keane

Berbs

Excellant tactics and I can just about play 2 strikers but disappointed about leaving Lennon on bench.

So far voted the best 2 tactic set.

After playing 10 games with V2 with west brom, i won 9 lost 1. I was really happy and then the next 6 games went horribly down hill, i lost all 6 and conceded at least 2 goals each game. I havn't changed a thing! I'm sorry to say but i'm really questioning the consistency of this tactic.

Am a bit indifferent about this tactic at the minute i used it for first couple of seasons at tottenham and it worked ammense just as all those who are giving positive comments have said but recently it is not really impressing even though the players i now have in my team are of a higher quality I keep conceeding a shocking ammount of goals and losing most away games.

Hello kimz and everyone else

This tactic seems really interesting so I will give it a try with Man Utd og Real Madrid.

But I don't know which tactic to use. v1 or v2? Which one should i use when facing:

- a strong team away

- a strong taem at home

- a weak team away

- a weak team at home

Would really appreciate if someone could help me here.

Thanks in advance

Looking forward trying both tactics

Love this tactic. Thanks kimz.

The idea of this tactic is to ensure that we overload the offense with 5 attackers across and everyone rush back to defend positions using the arrows. Somehow my players do not seem to tire at all with all the running, could be a bug.

Here is a variation I tried. Seems to work for my championship nott forest against manchester united, league cup. AI fielded second team, no rooney ronaldo tevez but still stronger by 20+ CA points average.

I use this because I want my wingers to do the crossing not DM. Love wingers.

variationnochangejo2.th.jpg

For those who need more defending just adjust the arrows and mentality to taste.

varidefensemd4.th.jpg

Still need to take care of morale and team talks. I get poor performance when I field eleven superb morale players sometimes, players give to ball away and cannot defend. I think the game is trying to simulate complacency. A player may get demotivated by team talk and will not get more than 6 rating, just get ass manager with 20 motivation, it helps. Thousand and one reasons to lose a game but the idea of this tactic is great.

Cheers.

in my low table team v1 was much better in home and away so you will win for sure with that. when you use v2 with these team every home game against a normal team ends 5-0 minimum but away against a stronger team you will concede 2-3 goals in first 10 minutes or you score these goals in this time but then your opponent are mostly massive stronger an often come back to a remis and more.

as i said with you team you can also v2 for more goals but i could be wrong because kimz said is no problem with fast defenders.

with v1 is better for low teams and wouldnt be wrong for strong teams v2 i think it struggles away on a strong opponent but kimz said use fast defenders.

some wriete about a 60 + unbeaten run so it sould work anyway

Originally posted by jance:

Hello kimz and everyone else

This tactic seems really interesting so I will give it a try with Man Utd og Real Madrid.

But I don't know which tactic to use. v1 or v2? Which one should i use when facing:

- a strong team away

- a strong taem at home

- a weak team away

- a weak team at home

Would really appreciate if someone could help me here.

Thanks in advance

Looking forward trying both tactics

no matter which one you use, these tactic will battering your opp if you are MU or Real icon_biggrin.gif

but you should using the right player for each pos, ie AMC pos with AMC player not winger or FC, ......

with MU, you should buy new AMC as MU only have 3 AM on 1st season

hope you enjoy it...and dont forget give us feedback... (hope it a good one)icon14.gif

now im developing v3 with 3 SC (i love formation with three striker)...

still testing and tweaking every area...

hope it ready soon...

would this tactic work with

closing down-full pitch

defensive line-high

offside trap

tempo-high

tacking-hard

time wasting-rarely

passing-direct/long

width-normal

I`m thinking of trying this to try and squeeze the oppostion up the pitch and try and overload them in their half and keep them under pressure

and try and make them make mistakes

Paulinho

Good point for all tactics.

I do not usually use the farows on fbs but if in need of a goal I add these,set CD to max, push up max, attack and offside trap but do not change tempo or passing, just pulled back and won against MU and Sunderland.

First let me say I'm using V1, modified according to teeyougee's suggestions (mainly regarding the AMC's).

Now, I've built myself a good little team as Newcastle but this tactic appears horrendously unstable. Now I fully expect people to blame it on other factors, but in the first half of my third season I was playing like championship contenders, regularly winning games by more than 5 goals. Come January, I fell apart for no reason. And I don't mean a standard blip, I mean form worthy of a 15th placed finish.

Now I'm gonna be lucky to come 5th. Defensively this tactic is quite shocking. I've conceded a stupid amount of goals.

I would very much appreciate anyones input on how to tighten this tactic up defensively.

can anyone explain to me what i'm doing wrong. I'm using the v2 version of this tactics with chelsea but i can't win. I've tried fiddling with it by making it more deffensive with the arrows being removed from the fullbacks and dm. Also lowering the defensive line. I've tried just using the tactics as i downloaded it but i still draw every game.

4 games in a row i've had 17 chances on goal and the plodder upfront (drogba) cant score as the keeper saves all the one on ones yet they run up the other end of the pitch and score off 3 or 4 chances no matter if im playing man utd or accrington stanley (no disrespect there!!)

i'm totally frustrated so can anyone help before i go on a rampage round my house smashing up things i really don't want to replace.

after playing this 8.0.2 patch for so long, now im figuring out that this patch has no different from 8.0.1 patch on how the ai countering human tactic.

in 8.01 patch, human tactic will not work after 5-6 games, so we need tweaking our tactic all over again and create a new tactic to counter new ai tactic.

in 802 patch this thing happen but in longer time, about half season +.

so after we are playing these tactics for along time, these tactics will not work anymore even though againts lower team these tactics will struggling much. and we need a new tactic icon_mad.gif

i love this game, and i capable creating a good tacic icon_biggrin.gif, but if i should creating an excelent tactic for every half/one season........i give up...... maybe i should play another game icon_frown.gif

creating a good tactic is stressing, it takes alot of time, i creating v1 and v2 about a week each. tweaking every where, loading every single game over 10+ times......and no fun

but after one season, my tactic is not working anymore....so should i creating a new tactic for next season?

taking a week creating a new tactic for ONE NEXT SEASON?

playing this game and fun for 5 hours(one season) then stressfull to create a new tactic for a week?

im playing this game for fun, not for to be a tactical expert!!!

Originally posted by andysafc "

Bruce - Isn't it frustrating how we spent ages trying to figure out 07 and then when we did it was almost time for 08?

I went back to 07 recently and couldn't believe how easy it was - almost to easy!

Cleon says that the same will be said for 08 once 09 is out!

I don't play the game very much now as it is going in a different direction to what i like.

i agree with andysafc this game "is going in a different direction to what i like"

or maybe almost all this game fans, not only me and andysafc

so SI, please dont do that...for next patch or game icon_frown.gif

ps: sorry about my english...not good one, hope you understand it

I usually stay away from commenting other peoples tactic, but this one deserves it.

I am playing Macclesfield. My first game against Preston, I lost 1-8 (at home).

Numbers speaks for itself.

Let me add that in my own-made flat 442, I either won 1-0 or drew 1-1 in same game.

Worst tactic I tried so far, ever, since I started to play this game series 15 year ago or so.

Originally posted by chriseldiablo:

I usually stay away from commenting other peoples tactic, but this one deserves it.

I am playing Macclesfield. My first game against Preston, I lost 1-8 (at home).

Numbers speaks for itself.

Let me add that in my own-made flat 442, I either won 1-0 or drew 1-1 in same game.

Worst tactic I tried so far, ever, since I started to play this game series 15 year ago or so.

Glad to see you gave it a thorough going over. If you'd bothered to play more than one game maybe you'd feel different.

Originally posted by kimz:

after playing this 8.0.2 patch for so long, now im figuring out that this patch has no different from 8.0.1 patch on how the ai countering human tactic.

in 8.01 patch, human tactic will not work after 5-6 games, so we need tweaking our tactic all over again and create a new tactic to counter new ai tactic.

in 802 patch this thing happen but in longer time, about half season +.

so after we are playing these tactics for along time, these tactics will not work anymore even though againts lower team these tactics will struggling much. and we need a new tactic icon_mad.gif

i love this game, and i capable creating a good tacic icon_biggrin.gif, but if i should creating an excelent tactic for every half/one season........i give up...... maybe i should play another game icon_frown.gif

creating a good tactic is stressing, it takes alot of time, i creating v1 and v2 about a week each. tweaking every where, loading every single game over 10+ times......and no fun

but after one season, my tactic is not working anymore....so should i creating a new tactic for next season?

taking a week creating a new tactic for ONE NEXT SEASON?

playing this game and fun for 5 hours(one season) then stressfull to create a new tactic for a week?

im playing this game for fun, not for to be a tactical expert!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by andysafc "

Bruce - Isn't it frustrating how we spent ages trying to figure out 07 and then when we did it was almost time for 08?

I went back to 07 recently and couldn't believe how easy it was - almost to easy!

Cleon says that the same will be said for 08 once 09 is out!

I don't play the game very much now as it is going in a different direction to what i like.

i agree with andysafc this game "is going in a different direction to what i like"

or maybe almost all this game fans, not only me and andysafc

so SI, please dont do that...for next patch or game icon_frown.gif

ps: sorry about my english...not good one, hope you understand it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cant say I'm finding the same TBH.

I'm on the 2nd season with the vs2 tactic & I'm doing really well.

Archived