Football manager 2219: The Save is here!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, you said you didn't trust them. It has nothing to do with the database considering you can play with the initial database with your updates. You're an easy read.

Oh, no problem, I didn't realize it was a contest.

Of course it is a ****ing data update, it updates the games data... Otherwise there would be no need for a changes file would there? And if my game is working just fine without all the "bugs" that everyone else is suffering, then why bother changing it? The old adage of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rings true here.

And as for your second comment, you have made 1400 posts, yet I bet I would struggle to find one which added anything to this forum. Have you tried thinking things through before you troll?

About 7-8 days probably, will have to check. But my laptop is by no means the most powerful, although it can easily run a 3d pitch.

@Nep: Cheers.

might still do it then, i use the 2d engine just cos i prefer it, but even if its about the smae in game time that it ends up as, will be interesting to have another save to see if how different if at all it is

mate this is an awesome idea im going to create one of these with a few of the top european leagues because i normally play as them i'll upload mine when its done but seriuosly mate you have created a brilliant game so many wonders of history in there for me to delve into that bristol side looks immense yorkcity in the orem liverpool in the championship and ARSENAL MONEYBAGS :O 1.4bil players seem to be of a lower standard than at the beginning of the game only that intermilan striker at 36mil seems to be ona par with torres,messi,ronaldo and fabregas but what the hey

might still do it then, i use the 2d engine just cos i prefer it, but even if its about the smae in game time that it ends up as, will be interesting to have another save to see if how different if at all it is

It would be wildly different if you set up another long soak... As there are so many variables, I mean, what are the chances of Bristol City getting 8 immense players through at once? What are the chances of Halesowen getting a sugar daddy and winning the league, before having another board takeover and hetting relegated?

It would be wildly different if you set up another long soak... As there are so many variables, I mean, what are the chances of Bristol City getting 8 immense players through at once? What are the chances of Halesowen getting a sugar daddy and winning the league, before having another board takeover and hetting relegated?

haha good point :D

It's really disappointing opening this save. The players are so average.

Devastating you don't have a saved game of the legendary Bristol City side, that guy who scored 100 goals in a league season must have been something else

I believe thats in the OP.

Im on 10.2 and im going to holiday a season after ive tested my new database to see if that helps thhe quality of players by any amount..

I wish the players still existed but that 2123/24 Bristol city side was insane

I mean one of their strikers scored 156 league goals. But then even the 3rd place in the awards scored 52... Seemed a crazy year

That's what I thought, also have the records for the most goals in the Champions League.

Nice one mate. I hope Leicester are in the Premiership!

We won the Premier Division title in 2116, mate. :D Under the guidance of our great manager Sam Fallon. ;)

I see our horrendous record in FA Cup finals still continues. 1 win in 12 finals. :(

It's really disappointing opening this save. The players are so average.

Devastating you don't have a saved game of the legendary Bristol City side, that guy who scored 100 goals in a league season must have been something else

It was their whole side!! 280 goals in 38 games, and 7 trophies in two successive seasons. They are still in the prem now based on those results really. They earned so much money from them, I will try and see if he is in their best XI.

That Bristol City side of the 2120's were surely something else. Must be the greatest side in the history of the game and Noel must be one of the greatest players. Here's some more screen shots of them:

Also note the glorious title win of 2116 before the Bristol City domination. :D

39734350.jpg

60275078.jpg

I remember watching their results coming through during one particular season, and it was amazing, they won the Champions League and beat Barcelona 6-0 in the final... And beat Arsenal by 12 goals or so in the final. Greatest dynasty I have never been a part of :( If only they would have had some guidance from me or another human user. They would have won everything for ever...

Also, from the above screenshot. McGarry also played for Bristol City for about 10 years before his lucrative move to Lyon. Also, how about Thomas Hanauer? did he win anything? He played through that 1st year and went on to become a legendary Bayern Munich player and manager, I think he won world footballer of the year, at least once.

Is there any chance that the players they bought were obviously good players but the AI came up with a tactic a super tactic that uncovered a flaw in the match engine?

Just seems absolutely crazy results, the players must have been of an absolutely ridiculous standard to achieve those stats, it is unheard of for somebody to score 100+ league goals and the third highest to get 50!

Shame you don't have a save bang in the middle of their success

Is there any chance that the players they bought were obviously good players but the AI came up with a tactic a super tactic that uncovered a flaw in the match engine?

Just seems absolutely crazy results, the players must have been of an absolutely ridiculous standard to achieve those stats, it is unheard of for somebody to score 100+ league goals and the third highest to get 50!

Shame you don't have a save bang in the middle of their success

You mean the AI discovered a glitch like the corner glitch? Well their tactics for their best XI's in that era just look like normal 4-4-2s to me.

You mean the AI discovered a glitch like the corner glitch? Well their tactics for their best XI's in that era just look like normal 4-4-2s to me.

Yes but you can't see the individual instructions which make the tactic.

There is only a certain level a player can be at on the game, there is a limit to how good they can be before the game "rejects" them and declines their stats. My point being, they couldn't have had 11 perfect players by any stretch of the imagination. Even if the game had 11 players at the optimum level the game allows, I doubt that they would score 280 goals in 38 league games.

Maybe it was just great AI in terms of putting a squad together and having all the best players at a time when the rest of the squads were quite poor, but to score that many goals in particular it seems like something a bit more than that happened. You can create the perfect team that the game allows in an editor and you would not get near those kind of results in terms of goals scored!

Or perhaps the AI had a tactic which exploited a flaw in the match engine and the great players they had exploited it to the extent we see in the screen shots!

Archived