FM10 - Carlos Vela

rolo

This is as good as I got him on this year's version:

Vela.jpg

He's been toned a fair bit for FM2010 although he still becomes a very good player. Can be quite a prolific goalscorer. On one game he has 91 league goals after about four year so he isn't doing bad. For Newcastle I'd say he'd be a very good signing; if the price is right of course. I wouldn't pay over £15M for him.

In case you're wondering. PA:

As JEinchy said, not the same league as he was last year. But still becomes a brilliant player, and a starter for most Premier League sides when he hits his peak. :thup:

Best thing about him this year, is his affordability to last year! :D

You could probably get him for around £7m iirc.

£7.5m :p But lets not get picky!

You can get him on loan as well, which is a bonus, just have to pay a hefty fee.

Here's how he looks for me in 2014 aged 25 (game was started on patch 10.1):

12CarlosVela.png

In my game he went to Bolton in 2011 for £3.3m and I then bought him at the start of the 2013-14 season for £8.75m as Bolton got relegated and offered him out.

He finished as my top scorer in the 2013-14 season with 29 goals in all competitions - and we ended up winning the League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League and finished as Premier League runners up, only 1 point behind Chelsea. Played him as a poacher alongside a more creative deep lying forward.

He also got the Golden Boot in the 2014 World Cup with Mexico. :thup:

So he's definitely capable of performing at the highest level. :D

I bought him for my Villa team at the start of season 3. Got him for £13.75m, so a little more than others... Still it's a bloody bargain. I'm playing him on the right of two AMCs with Inside Forward (Attack) instructions.

2uh72ty.jpg

I got him on a free transfer before the start of season 3 with my Brøndby side (danish premier division) He had signed for another team but did'nt get his work permit, so he was completely unatattched. He signed a 3 year 27.000 euro a week contract and been really good. Couldnt get him to sign a new contract, so had to sell him to atletico madrid for 11.3 mio euro and 25 % sell on clause ..

For my Newcastle team he was top scorer in my first season in the PL.

I'd play him as a target man on support and watch him go goal crazy. Been a bit slow in his 3rd season but the team as a whole has been.

Great player, worth 15 mil easy. [paid 12.5 over 48 months in my first season]

• 4 weeks later...
3rd season in only playing in rotation for Arsenal. Into January and look at his goal and assist return - incredible. Quickly making himself undroppable playing as a complete forward.

156qtk3.jpg

Looking at those performances it'd be hard arguing this point, but i've never really seen him as a complete forward?

Looking at those performances it'd be hard arguing this point, but i've never really seen him as a complete forward?

I'd have to agree. Swapped him in for Van Persie for a match without swapping his role and he had a blinder. Might just be playing on the right of a front two so he can cut in on his left that's doing it but whatever it is it works.

In my opinion, Wellington Silva is a better prospect, younger and the same sort of player on this game, he just looks better imo

I have managed Arsenal, never really found him too useful, he played backup on the wings for me until he broke in at 27-28, before I sold him to make way for a great regen. He's not really that great upfront imo, he's quite good on the wings though.

But I'll illustrate my point

4 years into my Barca game, this is what they look like compared

33ol82w.png

Pretty sure you'll agree they're evenly matched but one is 3 years younger :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm just at the beginning of my third season with Arsenal and Vela is the best I've ever seen him. I gave him a lot of first team football last year due to injuries (he scored 21 and got 15 assists in 29 games), and is my first choice now. Playing him as a poacher with RVP and Ribery out on the wings.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8782/velaib.jpg

4 games later he suffers cruciate damage and is out for 9 months :( I jinxed him :(

That's why I try to restrain myself from posting when something goes right for me :(

Bad luck, hope you have a decent backup...

Had him on loan for Newcastle in first season and was amazing at both scoring and providing goals. Signed him for an £8.25m release clause in his loan contract at the end of the season and just hope he can keep doing it, although obviously the PL is a totally different kettle of fish altogether. Judging by these screenshots he still has quite a way to improving and hitting his peak, but with Cardozo and Neymar coming in, I doubt he will get as many games as he did last year.

I played him as a DLF/A. Constantly ran through the opposing defence and would provide a lovely little assist or place the ball in the bottom corner. Fantastic, hope he can deliver the goods next year :)

Archived