To cheat or not to cheat? That is the question.

Do you cheat by using programs such as FMRTE, Genie Scout etc?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you cheat by using programs such as FMRTE, Genie Scout etc?

• Yes
    • No

I would never use FMRTE to cheat, but i do have it installed on my computer, and I use it to edit parts of the game, however these give me no advantage over my opponents whatsoever, and cannot therefore be classed as cheating

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would never use FMRTE to cheat, but i do have it installed on my computer, and I use it to edit parts of the game, however these give me no advantage over my opponents whatsoever, and cannot therefore be classed as cheating

Unfortunately, installing fmrte in your computer does actually count as cheating so...

Sorry...

The question actually is. Does it matter? People get so enraged over this issue. As long as you don't use it online or as long as everyone uses it online. W/e rules you set.

But the scouting system for this game really is messed up. Some of the top players in the world have 2 or 2.5 stars. I'm like wth. The scouting system and scouting rating system in this game is way off. How is a world player of the year only rated as a 2 or 2.5 stars? This game is funky. It forces me to tend to having to wait or gamble to see if they really are a mere 2.5 or actually better.

If I am understand the meaning of the star rating system, players aren't rated against the other players in the world within the game, they are rated against the other players in your team. For example, if I was an average team like Sunderland but had Rooney on my squad, then Rooney would get 5*. But if I was a world class team like Man Utd then Rooney would probably get 3*, because compared to the rest of the team he is exactly the same level as them.

You might have to check that with someone "in the know" from SI.

I like to play the game as it is out of the box. Only apply official patches. Without any post edition, as I think it will take off the fun away.

Even less see hidden attributes, as if they are hidden it is for some reason.

I also wait always for the last (3rd) path to start playing a career save - unemployed - sunday league expirience. It means currently I am playing the FM 2009 with a really enjoyable save.

That's my view.

Has it occurred to anyone that real life managers actually use the FM database to aid in their own scouting? They peruse the database, then look at players who have decent CA/PA on the game before deciding whether to scout them for real. With that in mind, I would not consider using a scout program to be cheating, as it is a tool used in reality as well.

I only used it to remove chelsea's transfer embargo since fifa did in real life. And also to the players i created to my favoured personal list to make them seem like my sons apart from that i don't use it for anything else. Would you classify that as cheating?

Has it occurred to anyone that real life managers actually use the FM database to aid in their own scouting? They peruse the database, then look at players who have decent CA/PA on the game before deciding whether to scout them for real. With that in mind, I would not consider using a scout program to be cheating, as it is a tool used in reality as well.

Not remotely the same thing.

Why would real life managers look at a player's PA in FM? It's basically just a made up number. If it means anything at all then it is an indication of hype.

Why would real life managers look at a player's PA in FM? It's basically just a made up number. If it means anything at all then it is an indication of hype.

He's right in the sense that real life scouts/managers have been known to use the game's database as a resource. But I agree that paying attention to the PA is a bit silly.

He's right in the sense that real life scouts/managers have been known to use the game's database as a resource. But I agree that paying attention to the PA is a bit silly.

David Moyes admitted using FM to scout for potential players didn't he??

I will use it again this year because once more Ibrox has been set with a totally inaccurate expansion limit. I wonder if thw person setting this has ever been there or knows anything about the club and land around

If that's the case, then go over to the Scottish Data Issues thread and post what it should be. And yes, he does.

Have done before. Don't see what the problem is with this, you lot might not like using it as it effects your enjoyment but some people prefer to know the CA and PA, it's effectively the same as having the perfect scout who tells you how good each player is. If using Genie Scout improves someones enjoyment of this game, which they, or someone has paid good money to buy it then why not? Who am I to judge somebody for wanting to improve their gaming experience?

I think that using FM isn't such a bad idea. FM has found loads of players young before they were really that known, I remember Lucas on 07 and was quality for me now he plays for Liverpool (not a great example because he's not great but you get the drift) same with players like Bojan, Corluka, Modric.

David Moyes admitted using FM to scout for potential players didn't he??

No that was something different I think, as the creators of the game are Everton fans they gave information to him, it's not like he was just going through the data editor one night :p

I have cheated through use of the 'load and reload syndrome' in the past, but it completely destroys the element of reward in FM for me. I am luckily relieved of the 'load and reload syndrome', and I've not been that successful as Chelsea manager after 5 seasons on FM10, but just going on a good run of results represents a sense of satisfaction for me never mind winning a competition.

I use it to analyse my squad quickly and look at what tactics suit my team. Especially if I'm a low league team. I cuts out about 30mins/hour of looking at each of my players and looking where I need to improve etc..

I have cheated before in some of my saves on FM 09 but havent ever on FM 10. It deffinatly takes the fun out the game and makes your achievements feel like crap. Im currently in my 4th season with tottenham and have won the league twice :)

Of course using these programs is cheating you plebians.

It ruins the game

"Oh i'll sign this 16 year old player for 5m as he has a PA of 199" its a cheat, and its pathetic.

I used to marvel at some things on here before I seen these programs and now I tar every great acheivement with the same brush.

Also why create a player - how fecking cheaty is that? I just make me shall I 20 for finishing etc and I'll pish the leagues.

ruining the game for yourselves, you utter pancakes.

people are getting a bit passionate here...! for me fmrte can be cheating as you can make your players the best in world by a click of a button!! but if people dont use it this to gain an advantage then it is not cheating. i installed this to amend different players potential abilitys (they did not play for my team and i cannot sign them as im a low league team) i felt this was a more realistic picture of these players abilitys based on real life opinion! eg Di maria for benfica!! i know i could have done this in the normal editor but i already started my game and intend to play it for a long time!

so everyone is right....there can be an element of cheating if that how u intend to use it....!

i played fm09 with genie scout and thought it was fantastic. i had 2 games running...! a cheating game and a non cheating game!!

I used to use the old MindCompression module for edits in game, for making my team great.

I have grown up, I use FMRTE for removing major injuries (2months and over) and red cards that are appealed and lost, (cheeky, i know) but nothing else.

I don't use a scout. I have 11 employed scouts for that benefit.

ALTHOUGH, I don't believe people who use them for other reasons are cheats. Just poorer FM'ers.

Of course using these programs is cheating you plebians.

It ruins the game

"Oh i'll sign this 16 year old player for 5m as he has a PA of 199" its a cheat, and its pathetic.

I used to marvel at some things on here before I seen these programs and now I tar every great acheivement with the same brush.

Also why create a player - how fecking cheaty is that? I just make me shall I 20 for finishing etc and I'll pish the leagues.

ruining the game for yourselves, you utter pancakes.

Correct, thus making the game as easy as you wish.?

Also true for original pre game editor??

So you basically never have major injuries or suspensions?

Hmmm. That means all your acheivements are practically worthless.

when you are operating on a FULL SQUAD of 16, these things are sometimes helpful, Smart-Arrse.

We don't all select Man U or Chelsea. :(:rolleyes:

Never seen the original editor.

I play a game sucessfully and not fanny about with numbers and making super kids.

I disagree with a lot on this game but I would never change it to suit me.

Maybe You should start posting us some images of Your (un-helped) Success, instead of lambasting everyone on a Public Forum.

Bearing in mind Real FMer's will be able to tell if you are a cheat.

Unfortunately, installing fmrte in your computer does actually count as cheating so...

Sorry...

Rubbish IMO as it makes the game more fun in ancillary ways like changing kits and correcting data errors.

i'm in work mate.

I was brilliant on FM2009, could go seasons unbeaten. this one a lot harder but I have won 3 leagues and 3 Champions Leagues in 3 first 3 seasons.

And im guessing, when you visit France, you walk across the Channel.

I just use it to find out the hidden attributes of the players. The in game scouts seem to be really vague about this.

I mean, we can plainly see a player's mental attributes like determination as a number, but we can't see consistency, important match performance, injury pronness?

These values don't have to be shown exactly in numbers but at least upon scouting, it should be displayed as something like <very low, low, medium, high, very high>

Archived