[FM10] All Roads Lead ToMexico!!

ToMexico!!

20 scouts!? :eek: That's a fantastic career move :thup: Should talk to DodgeeD about the club tbh.

Yeh, mutually terminated three contracts but some pay-offs were a little too high to let another 7 go at this moment in time. I've offered a coach who left Cleveland with a job so he should arrive pretty soon. Quite importantly I've got three spaces left for foreign players and looking at the free transfer market I've found a goalscorer which we need badly and a creative midfielder and a new centre half.

I knew someone had a career with them but I wasn't sure who.

Cheers guys.

I finished the opening stage last night and gained just 1 point from my three remaining games, so I still stay 15th. I looked back at last seasons tables and Santander actually finished sixth in the opening and 7th in the closing stages. So I don't know what has really gone wrong for them this season.

2021/22 - Estudiantes Santander - Mexican Promotion League

Media Prediction - 11th

Transfers - 14 In (0k) & 23 Out (0k)

I took the club over in a precarious position loitering just above bottom place in the opening league. We had a quite large squad, mainly full of squad players, they weren't that great they were just there to make up the numbers. Looking at the league rules we were only allowed four foreigners in the squad and at that point in time we only had one, so had three available spaces. I quickly identified the key positions that needed taking care of, GK, DC, MC and ST were needed. I had a small transfer budget left of 40k but more importantly just under 9k spare to on weekly wages.

In came four players, all for the specified positions above. Mexican, Orozco joined to take up the first choice goal keeping mantle. At centre half, Argentinian Cesar Mendoza joined after release from Estudiantes (LP). Another Argentinian arrived, Jonathon Godoy also joined for free from Argentinos. Then arrived the possible goalscorer the squad craved, Luis Acosta joined for free after release by Tigre, the Uruguayan has a good scoring record and should help the club.

Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage - 15th (2-6-8)

I joined the club with just 3 games to go in the Opening Stage. The club sat in 15th and that's where we finished, gaining just one point from those three games.

Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage- 4th (7-4-5)

What a difference stability makes, I gave the team a stable tactic that suited the players that I had and the ones that were arriving. During the break in leagues the new players joined and the team began to gel. We sat in the play-off spot throughout the closing stage which wasn't to be expected. I'd never played in a league where the average points table was used to determine relegation to the second division. We sat in the second from bottom for most of the first half of the closing stage but thankfully moved up a place to 15th which meant we were safe from a relegation play off spot.

Average Points Table

Squad/Stats

Key Players

Mendoza - joined in the mid-season break and added instant stability in the centre of defence, had the highest squad average.

Rivera - Already at the club and only 20 years old. Will have a great future at DM.

Godoy - Has the attributes to fulfill at attacking role, will hopefully push on next season.

Acosta - Was meant to be my goalscorer, did what he could and managed 6 goals in 19 games.

Finances - We started in the red and ended deeply in the red. We just crept over the minus million mark as we leaked money right, left and centre.

Season | Team         | Division        | Finished    | Cup         | Continental | Other
2009/10| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 5th         | Qtr Final   | n/a         | - 
2010/11| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 3rd         | 1st Round   | n/a         | - 
2011/12| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 3rd         | 1st Round   | n/a         | - 
2012/13| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | Sacked      | n/a         | n/a         | Sacked
2012/13| CD Heredia   | Liga Guatemala  | 12th        | n/a         | n/a         | Relegated & Sacked
2013/14| Unemployed
2014/15| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 13th        | n/a         | n/a         | - 
2015/16| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 2nd         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2016/17| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 6th         | n/a         | n/a         | - 
2017/18| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 1st         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2018   | Unemployed
2019   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 6th         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2020   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 1st         | 3rd Rd      | n/a         | Champions
2021   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 1st         | 3rd Rd      | n/a         | Champions
2021/22| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 10th*       | n/a         | n/a         | 

* Finished place is an average taken from Opening and Closing Positions

Well done. Stability is huge in this game. In my thread, I brought a bunch of studs in 2017, and we did okay, but not nearly what I expected. I made very little movefs for 2018 and pretty much kept the same Starting 11 (except for the GK) and we began mashing heads.

Chemistry is huge in FM10.

Well done. Stability is huge in this game. In my thread, I brought a bunch of studs in 2017, and we did okay, but not nearly what I expected. I made very little movefs for 2018 and pretty much kept the same Starting 11 (except for the GK) and we began mashing heads.

Chemistry is huge in FM10.

Going into the new season we were just over the wage budget and had lots of crap players on relatively high wages for their ability, thankfully their contracts were running out. So there has been a lot of change during the close season. Reducing the squad size and bringing in loans has helped finances and improved the quality of the team.

Ah, the memories! Estudiantes Santander were my main love on FM09 as I took them all the way to the NACL, Copa Libertadores and CWC. The thread is here if you fancy a look. I think most of the screenies are stilll there as well. ;) Anyway, a good clasura campaign. Hopefully, you can build on that and make the play-offs next season. :thup:

2022/23 - Estudiantes Santander - Mexican Promotion League

Media Prediction - 10th

Transfers - 4 In + 3 Loan(0k) & 17 Out (575k)

I had a decent base to build on, renegotiating key players contracts for the coming season. Releasing numerous back up players allowed quite a bit of extra wage budget which was actually toned down again for the season by the board. We lacked back ups for GK, RB, LB and attacking mid areas. I addressed this via the free transfer market again. For the first time I also used the loan market wisely bringing in a some top division reserves players to bulk up the squad.

Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage - 7th (6-4-6)

We had a steady campaign, drawing with recently relegated San Luis on the opening day earmarking what could have been a great opening stage. Highlights of the stage were the hammerings of Durango (6-1) and Puebla (5-2) but the poor run of form that followed thereafter dented out promotion hopes, a run that gained just one point from a possible 12. Form picked up and we sneaked a Play-Off spot with a game to spare. We lost to Petroleros 3-1 on aggregate in the Play-Off Quarter Final.

Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage- 6th (7-6-3)

A better closing stage than opening for the second season running. However goals dried up, both scoring and conceding which has its positives. Looking back through the fixtures we never had a decent run which could have helped more. The highlight on the closing stage would have been the 4-2 away win over X. Tijuana who were actually relegated after finishing 11th in the closing stage.

Average Points Table

Finances - we were subject to a board takeover during the season, which was unproductive, the new chairman re-jiggled our finances with a loan but we soon fell back into the red.

Season | Team         | Division        | Finished    | Cup         | Continental | Other
2009/10| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 5th         | Qtr Final   | n/a         | - 
2010/11| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 3rd         | 1st Round   | n/a         | - 
2011/12| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 3rd         | 1st Round   | n/a         | - 
2012/13| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | Sacked      | n/a         | n/a         | Sacked
2012/13| CD Heredia   | Liga Guatemala  | 12th        | n/a         | n/a         | Relegated & Sacked
2013/14| Unemployed
2014/15| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 13th        | n/a         | n/a         | - 
2015/16| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 2nd         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2016/17| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 6th         | n/a         | n/a         | - 
2017/18| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 1st         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2018   | Unemployed
2019   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 6th         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2020   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 1st         | 3rd Rd      | n/a         | Champions
2021   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 1st         | 3rd Rd      | n/a         | Champions
2021/22| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 10th*       | n/a         | n/a         | 
2022/23| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 7th*        | n/a         | n/a         | Board Takeover

2023/24 - Estudiantes Santander - Mexican Promotion League

Media Prediction - 7th

Transfers - 7 In + 2 Loan(0k) & 20 Out(0k)

I released the deadwood, including a couple of first choice players that wouldn't renew their contracts. That freed up a lot of space on the wages front. Two Argentinians arrived first up on pre-agreed contracts, Carrera from Rafaela and Tomas from Newell's, that left just one foreigner spot available which was filled by Algerian DR/L who signed from fellow league side Guadalajara. I used the loan market again wisely to bring in a couple of more players, Lozano from Irapuato and Razo from parent club Atlas.

Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage - 1st (9-6-1) Opening Stage Champions

A fantastic opening stage for Altamira, topping the group at first and then winning the play-offs, defeating Pachuca in the final. We had a steady rise to the top, it was a pretty uneventful but we kept 9 clean sheets in those 16 games in the league. The only problem was that we didn't score over 2 goals in those games.

Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage- 3rd (8-7-1) Closing Stage Champions

Another great stage for Altamira, finishing 3rd but it could have been so much better as on numerous occasions we topped the table. Again in the closing stage we kept a few clean sheets which made good reading and basis to our success. We finally scored more than 2 goals in a game too, defeating At.Tijuana 3-0. We defeated Puebla in the quarters, Lobos BUAP in the semis and big favourites Halcones in the final to be crown Closing Stage Champions and thus promoted.

Average Points Table

Squad

Velazquez - top GK, only 20 years old, kept 22 clean sheets throughout the season.

Valencia - best defender, Venezuelan international, 15 MOMs and a 7.35 ave rating says it all.

Valenzuela - best AMC, not the best stats but put in some great performances, scored goals and set them up.

Martinez - teams top scorer with 11 goals, not ideal but will be an able back up next season.

YP Watch - Alfredo de la Cruz [DM/AM LC]

was surprised when this guy came through the ranks, I gave him the full opportunity to develop this season, starting him in the AMC position he scored 3 and assisted in 6 goals.

Finances - well yeh, major debt which is only going to ever increase. We lost around 150k a month. We have 7.75m to pay off from loans.

2013/14| Unemployed
2018   | Unemployed
2022/23| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 7th*        | n/a         | n/a         | Board Takeover
2023/24| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 2nd*        | n/a         | n/a         | Champions/Promoted

I'm on the move again. Was an offer too good to turn down, I was previously offered the Necaxa job just a week after securing promotion to the Mexican First Division but turned them down, even though they were doubling my wages and giving me 7.25m to spend on new players.

This time Seattle Sounders came a calling, offering me a 3 year contract on 4.5k per week. They also offered me 4.3m to spend and 99k a week wage budget. This offer was just too good to turn down. Whilst jumping ship after gaining promotion with Altamira FC may not be my greatest moment, it sees me move to the MSL for the first time.

socialgroupicon_90_1234061061.gif

Founded in 2007, Seattle Sounders FC are a professional club playing in Major League Soccer. They play their home games at the Quest Field, they possess good training facilities and an average youth setup. The club are known as The Sounders and retain a fierce rivalry with Portland and DC United. They last won the MLS in 2023, also winning the SuperLiga last season too.

Seattle sit in 3rd place of the Western Conference and have a league prediction of 6th. Looking at the squad they have a okay squad to work with, known players are Quavas Kirk and Blaise Matuidi but their outstanding player has to be Baltazar Raynoso, who joined The Sounders in 2018 for 350k. At 27 he is now in his prime.

socialgroupicon_90_1234061061.gif

Right, around 5 games to the end of the season and the play-offs after that. Can anyone explain the US transfer system?

Note: Please try not to sleep during this lecture. ;)

The transfer system within MLS combines elements from the North American sports with certain aspects from the European football leagues. Since MLS is a single entity league, where all contracts are owned by the league, players are free to be 'traded' (part-exchange) to other clubs without the consent of the players involved. In a trade, you are able to deal players, allocation money (transfer budget), an international/designated player (DP) slot, or draft picks to get a particular player. Various clubs have different needs, and helping the other club meet those needs are a start to a successful trade. International/DP slots can also be traded, but you will not be able to acquire a foreigner or sign a player above the US$400k maximum. Draft Picks from the Superdraft, where the annual selection of the nation's best young talent takes place, can also be acquired for players, and a 1st Round Pick is worth more than a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Pick combined.

The common adage to trading: treat the trading process fairly and the trading process will be fair to you. It's a two way street.

DP slots are for 'marquee players' where you sign a player above the league maximum but you have to have the budget to sign these players. This rule, coined the 'Beckham Rule' are all exceptional talented players from Europe/South America and they cannot be wasted, as all clubs only have 1 DP, although DP slots are also tradeable and in the real life case of New York, they have 2 DP slots, 1 for JP Angel, and the other for quite possibly Raul or Henry according to some reports. :D

The Superdraft is where you select the best youth talent onto your squad. The worst club gets the 1st pick, 2nd worst the 2nd pick, etc. These picks can be traded for players.

Waivers. Since MLS players are also not on guaranteed contracts, players can be waived around the league, exposing his rights to all the MLS clubs to acquire a player. Waiving a player can range from a lack of roster space, poor performance, poor talent, or you just have an extra international who you can't register. Nonetheless, some players can be acquired through this route, and some of these are very good bargains.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. :D

Is there any reason why you didn't take the Nexaca job? That seems a great offer. Still congrats on finally managing in the MLS. I don;t understand the transfer system but I'm sure you'll do fine! :D

Well I was going to be promoted to the First Division where as Necaxa seemed to be heading the other way. Yes they said 7.25m at the point of takeover but the window was shut, couldn't sign anyone and the transfer budget would be cut for the new season. And the fact that I would have rather taken the team I had built forward than have to learn the new players at Necaxa and improve their team more.

Good work on getting Estudiantes Santander back where they belong. ;) Shame you didn't stick around for a bit longer though.

Good luck at Seattle Sounders anyway. What are the board/media expectations?

I'm basing this career more at managing at the highest level. So moving from Altamira to Seattle is a big step in the right direction. Maybe back to Mexico with America [MEX], Chivas, Pumas or Cruz Azul would be a good move before moving onto England if possible.

Seattle only have a media prediction of 6th for this season, that coming after a title win last season. :confused: Big Baffling as to why its that low.

Season review to follow shortly.

2024 - Seattle Sounders - MLS

Media Prediction - 6th

Transfers - 4 In(0k) & 4 Out(0k) + 2 Loans Out

None of the players in were my transfers and I only let one player go from the players out.

MLS - (11-9-10)

I took the club over in 3rd place in the Western Conference after 13 games. The player morale was poor and they didn't have the right blend of players they had in previous seasons. The window was open and I had the money but couldn't find any players that were better than what I already had without spending a fortune.

We started my reign with 2 defeats before things began to click and we won and drew a few matches. By this point though we had dropped down to fourth. We drew far too many games where we in winning positions, this hampered our form though we did pick up the wins now and again to ensure were in the top half of the table. Finishing fourth meant we had qualified for the Semi Final, we defeated Houston 3-2 on aggregate over the two legs to take us to the Western Conference Final, where we met Colorado at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. We took the lead through Reynoso after 35mins, before Colorado pegged us back just before half time. Colorado took control of the second half and scored the winner after 75mins to give them the Western Conference Title and put them into the MLS Final where DC United eventually beat Colorado on penalty kicks.

Squad/Stats

James - ball winner in DM, played in the majority and scored 6 and assisted in 6 goals. Will be a player to try and build the team around.

Reynoso- permanent fixture when available in AMC, a creative player who scored 9 and assisted in 9 goals, I wish his physicals where better.

Finances - WOW. We did have 21mil but shareholders payout took just under a million. Should give me a tasty budget for next season.

2013/14| Unemployed
2018   | Unemployed
2021/22| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 10th*       | n/a         | n/a         | -
2023/24| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 2nd*        | n/a         | n/a         | Champions/Promoted
2024   | Seattle      | MLS             | 4th         | n/a         | n/a         | -

Rancer, what is this discovery player signings all about? What makes a player a discovery player?

I'm not really too sure about this one. Clubs usually have 6 discovery signings per season, all who must be senior players. Since contracts are owned by the league, players actually sign with the league, and there's an 'allocation order' which determines who signs a player.

It's a bit confusing but I'll try using a real life example or two. After Brian McBride left Fulham, TFC were first in the allocation order and had first dibs on McBride. But he wanted to go to his hometown Chicago Fire to play soccer. So TFC and Chicago swapped allocation places, and Chicago gave us allocation money as well. Discovery signings and allocation order towards signing these players is another way to keep the parity in the league.

The thing is, I don't think FM utilizes discovery signings properly. I would basically ignore it because discovery signings really do limit what an MLS manager can do. Discovery signings do not work in FM.

2025 - Seattle Sounders - MLS

Media Prediction - 3rd

Transfers - 10 In(2.1m) & 5 Out(0k) + 3 Loans Out

We were given a healthy transfer budget of just over 3mil to bring in the players necessary to challenge for the Western Conference. I got the chance for the first time to use the draft system but as I was last to pick because we had won the MLS the previous season we didn't get the better players. Knowing what I do now, I won't be signing anyone through this system unless they're pretty special.

Anyway, first in other than the draft players was a 33 year old DM in the name of Koke which many of you may know. He was a part time option if we couldn't sign anyone better as back up. Second in was Carlos Cedeno from Ecuadoran side Barcelona for 325k. Then came in a Guatemalen, David Chinchilla, who would in fact become first choice LB, although not technically great his mental attributes made up for that. I then signed Algerian centre half Nassim Zitouni from ES Setif for just over half a million, my scouts raved about him and thought I should take the plunge, at only 20 he has the time to improve. I needed a striker badly and I went back to Africa and scouted Cameroon. That threw up Patrick Essomba, he hadn't played much for Astres but demanded a 500k transfer fee. The last meaningful player in was Peruvian Jose Tafur from Alianza Lima. I lacked in that area and wanted a back up but found a first choice player in him, he signed for 475k.

MLS - (18-4-8) - Western Conference Winners & MLS Champions

Pretty straight forward for Seattle. We gained control with 4 successive wins in the opening four games of the season. A little blip let a couple of teams in and take top spot but we had a game in hand from that point. We recaptured our form and regained top spot and never looked back. We moved 11 points clear at one point which made it very comfortable allowing the odd occasional defeat not to worry us. Highlights of the regular season had to be the 4-2 win over Los Angeles, the 4-3 thriller win over Colorado and the 4-1 away wins over San Jose and RSL.

We were drawn against New York in the Western Conference Semi-Final where a shock 3-2 away win and a more comfortable 4-2 home win saw us through 7-4 on aggregate. That setting up a Final spot against Columbus. A late equaliser for us took the game to extra where a late Columbus equaliser saw the game go to penalties. I had confidence in my spot kick takers and that proved as we won 5-4, sending us to the MLS final.

We were up against Eastern Conference side New England. Midway through the first half my Aussie AMC stepped up and scored what looked to be the winning goal. But a late late injury time equaliser saw the game go to extra time. Would my players have the same confidence as the previous game with their spot kicks? Diederich and Manganello converted. Essomba missed, but Zitouni was successful. Making it 3-2 after 4 penalties each. Matuidi could have ended his Seattle career on a high but missed, allowing Revolution to tie it up. Sudden death went smoothly for the next 9 kicks, Salerno missing for New England on their 10th spot kick. We were champions for the first time under my management.

US Cup - Qtr Finalists

We nervously beat minnows Minnesota 1-0 at theirs to take us into the quarters. We went up against Columbus but we were shocking and lost 2-0 at the Columbus Stadium.

SuperLiga - 3rd in Group B. (1-1-1)

We were drawn in a group alongside Mexican sides Tigres and Atlas, along with fellow American side RSL. We drew 2-2 with Tigres, lost far too easily against RSL, 4-2 and beat Atlas 3-2 at Qwest Field.

Squad/Stats

Rios - was solid, not playing in his ideal position but will no doubt continue his form into next season. Played the most games in the squad.

Diederich - my midfield general, constantly wanted by European teams. Scored 9 and set up 7 goals.

Bajlo - the 24 year old Aussie, is not the greatest by means of attributes but seems to be outplaying those. 16 goals and 9 assists. Thankfully accepted a new contract after some praise.

Reynoso - attribute wise my best player, though he needs to score a few more goals though, though scoring 9 was a decent return.

Essomba - slow to settle in but once he did he was an intricate part of my side scoring 15 goals as a lone striker. His value rocketed by 2.6m during the course of the season.

Finances - took a little dip thanks to the transfers I made but will be recouped through the NACL next season.

Staff - I managed to improve the back room staff over the course of the season with bringing in a few coaches and a few scouts. I wanted make sure I brought in staff of at least Continental reputation. Martin Olsson and Frank Lampard joined late on from Blackburn and RSL respectively. I signed fours scouts too.

2013/14| Unemployed
2018   | Unemployed
2021/22| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 10th        | n/a         | n/a         | -
2022/23| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 7th         | n/a         | n/a         | Board Takeover
2023/24| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 2nd         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions/Promoted
2024   | Seattle      | MLS             | 4th         | n/a         | n/a         | -
2025   | Seattle      | MLS             | 1st         | Quarters    | 3rd in G3*  | Champions

* SuperLiga

Just received my first job offer from across the Atlantic. West Ham offered me a two year contract on 24,500k per week. With a 3.8m transfer budget and 425k p/w wages. I've rejected it.

As much it would be great to make a move to the Premiership I think its too early, I've jumped ship far too early from previous clubs. I want to stay here for at least another two seasons. I would also prefer to start in the Championship or even League One with a fallen club. Such as Birmingham or Portsmouth who are in League One.

2026 - Seattle Sounders - MLS

Media Prediction - 1st

Transfers - 5 In(1.4m) & 10 Out(0k) + 1 Loans Out

The squad was pretty settled, first team wise anyway. I got rid of the deadwood and brought in a few players to strengthen the squad. First in was Marcinho, who would actually become a first choice centre half, a bargain at 375k from Nautico. Next in was a scout recommendation, Miguel Angel Torres, he wasn't what I would call first team or better than my back up at that point in time so I loaned him out to Chivas USA. Then in came two Americans, John Mike from San Jose for my number one draft allocation spot, winning the league only means I get to choose last, so there's no point with those spots. Chuck Cannon then joined as some more back up from Los Angeles. July saw Wydad Casablanca youngster Said Sektioui join for 425k as back up to Essomba.

MLS - (19-8-3) - Western Conference Winners & MLS Champions

We lost far less than last season which meant we were far superior in the league and gained full control of top spot. We finished 9 points clear of second placed FC Dallas but the gap was around 20 points at one stage when Dallas had a few games in hand. We scored an amazing 56 goals in the league and only conceded 22. Highlight of the season was the 7-0 demolition of San Jose.

We played New York in the Semi Finals defeating them 2-1 on aggregate. The Western Conference final was against FC Dallas. We beat them 2-1, Mike John and Essomba on target after Dallas had taken the lead. That meant we were in the final again and this time up against DC United. DC took the lead in the first half but a late double salvo from Essomba and Reynoso gave Seattle a second successive MLS title.

US Cup - Winners

Richmond up first for Seattle, away from home we battered them 5-0. Western Mass. was up next and after they beat Kansas City in the previous round we would have to be careful, we weren't we attacked from the off and won 6-1, although they did score first. The semis saw us drawn against Dallas. We sneaked a 1-0 win away from home to send us to the final. That was against New England, in another tight game we came out worthy winners, 1-0. Diederich with the solitary goal.

Pan-Pacific Championship - Winners

We were drawn against Beijing in the Semi Final, our first competitive game of the season saw us win 2-1, Baljo with both goals. We were then up against South Korea's Ulsan. Bajlo struck again before they equalised within the opening 10 minutes. Reynoso extended our lead. Ulsan struck back after the break but Baljo put us back into the lead immediately after. The game ended 3-2.

Squad/Stats

Marcinho - Young but talented. First choice penalty taker. Scored 7 and set up 2 goals.

Bajlo - An incredible 19 goals and 18 assists. Still outplaying his stats.

Reynoso - A more credible 15 goals for the other AMC. Also assisted in 11 goals.

Essomba - 19 goals in 32 games. Lead the line well.

Finances - are still around the 20mil mark, I'm not drastically losing money either.

Staff - Aston Villa nabbed Shay Given from me and I released my Assman. Jamie Carragher was signed as a free agent to take up the AssMan role. Edward Steele, formerly of Estuidantes Santander. Cuban Roger Quesada joined as GK Coach. Another scout was also added.

2013/14| Unemployed
2018   | Unemployed
2021/22| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 10th        | n/a         | n/a         | -
2022/23| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 7th         | n/a         | n/a         | Board Takeover
2023/24| Altamira FC  | Mex PromLeag    | 2nd         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions/Promoted
2025   | Seattle      | MLS             | 1st         | Quarters    | 3rd in G3   | Champions
2026   | Seattle      | MLS             | 1st         | Winners     | Winners*    | Champions

* Pan-Pacific Championship

We are still competing the NACL and I will produce a separate update on that competition when finished.

North American Champions League - Winners

We were drawn straight into Group A, along with Atlas, Toronto and Hispano (HON). A 3-1 opening win over Hispano put us top of the pile, a week later we beat Atlas 1-0 at home to go 3 points clear, with Hispano beating Toronto. We then beat Toronto ourselves, before a 2-0 home win over Hispano in the return fixtures. A 3-1 loss in the penultimate group game to Atlas was the only blip in a decent group stage with us comfortably beating Toronto 3-1 at home in the last game. Group Standings

That meant we were into the knock out stages and the quarter finals. We were drawn against Honudras' Motagua. We surprisingly drew 1-1 at home but beat them 2-0 away to send us through. The Semi Final draw saw us pit out wits against fellow MLS side New England. A 1-0 win in each leg was enough, which meant final time. Chivas were the other semi-final winners, beating their fellow country men Pumas to reach the final.

The final over two legs was a very tight affair, I had to make home advantage count and not concede that dreaded away goal. We luckily won 1-0 at home, could have been more but we could have conceded. I knew the away leg would be tough, attack is the best form of defence so they say, we did just and took the lead about a third of the way through the game, Zitouni with a trademark header. Chivas pulled one back immediately after the restart, but Reynoso was on hand to give us that all important second goal and take us into the lead, just 5 minutes later. Chivas levelled just after the hour mark to make things nervy but we held out for our first Champions League win.

Fixtures | Final Leg 1 | Final Leg 2

Archived