Good Corner Tactic?

Make at least 1 tall guy mark the keeper, one attack far post and one near post flick on, especially aiming for the far post makes the second one score a lot with his head really, somehow the AI leaves him alone in quite some cases. I let at least 2 lurk outside box and one attack from deep. Keep 2 at the back. I use these now with my current squad.

Aiming for 6 yard box is great if you have a lot of tall guys, then make at least 2 mark the keeper. This worked miracles in FM09, not sure if it still does.

Regarding the corner routines, I've done trial and errors for all kind of combinations, defensive and offensive, and the best setup I come up with is this:

(I'm on a run of 40 games without conceding from corner's, and scoring myself after the opposition corner in a quick Counter Attack and Offensive Corner scoring maybe 2 goals every 4 games.)

Defending Corner:

1-Two CB with jumping and Header marking the Near and Far post.

2- Leave your quickest player Forward.

3- All the remaining 7 players to come Back.

Simple but very effective.

Attacking Corner:

1-Your 3 CB,(or best 3 Header's) like this: best Header;"Near Post Flick" On, 2nd Header;"Keeper", 3rd Header;"Stand Far Post".

2-One player on "Keeper", another player "Attack Far Post", and another player "Forward".

3-Here you have to be careful depending of your corner taker's, because of who you have setup as your corner taker. 2 stay "Back" and 2 "Lurk"

While the opposition defense is concerned marking far post, send the corner to near post. On average I score 2 every 4 games.

Some prefer the far post, but personally I prefer near post, as even if your player miss the Header, the ball still in play and with a chance to score. Sending it to far post, if he miss the Header the ball is out of play.

For attack corner :

- 1 DC with best header & jumping : attack far post

- 1 ST with best header & jumping : go forward

- 2 FB with stay back

- other DC : challenge GK

- 2 player with good long shot : lurk from outside

- And the rest player : attack from deep, near flick on, attack near post

Set the corner to far post.

I usually use this and score from corner.

Feed back please.

Regarding the corner routines, I've done trial and errors for all kind of combinations, defensive and offensive, and the best setup I come up with is this:

(I'm on a run of 40 games without conceding from corner's, and scoring myself after the opposition corner in a quick Counter Attack and Offensive Corner scoring maybe 2 goals every 4 games.)

Defending Corner:

1-Two CB with jumping and Header marking the Near and Far post.

2- Leave your quickest player Forward.

3- All the remaining 7 players to come Back.

Simple but very effective.

Attacking Corner:

1-Your 3 CB,(or best 3 Header's) like this: best Header;near post flick on, 2nd Header;Keeper, 3rd Header;stand far post.

2-player to Keeper, 2nd player attack far post, 3rd player forward.

3-Here you have to be careful depending of your corner taker's, because of who you have setup as your corner taker. 2 stay "Back" and 2 "Lurk"

While the opposition defense is concerned marking far post, send the corner to near post. On average I score 2 every 4 games.

Some prefer the far post, but personally I prefer near post, as even if your player miss the Header, the ball still in play and with a chance to score. Sending it to far post, if he miss the Header the ball is out of play.

i don't understand where it says on attacking corners, 2-player to Keeper, 2nd player attack far post, 3rd player forward.

Could you rewrite this so i can understand it better.

Thanks

i don't understand where it says on attacking corners, 2-player to Keeper, 2nd player attack far post, 3rd player forward.

Could you rewrite this so i can understand it better.

Thanks

Sorry Mr Hough, it's done. Because I play 3-4-3, it was setup for my 3 CB's (at line 1) and 3 Strikers(line 2).

Attacking Corner:

1-Your 3 CB,(or best 3 Header's) like this: best Header;"Near Post Flick" On, 2nd Header;"Keeper", 3rd Header;"Stand Far Post".

2-One player on "Keeper", another player "Attack Far Post", and another player "Forward".

Usually my corner taker is one of the "Lurk" players, so I always have one player "Lurking".

Take care.

Sorry Mr Hough, it's done. Because I play 3-4-3, it was setup for my 3 CB's (at line 1) and 3 Strikers(line 2).

Attacking Corner:

Usually my corner taker is one of the "Lurk" players, so I always have one player "Lurking".

Take care.

Thanks very much zico, I like the way this is set up and i will definatly be using this in any future tactics i release.

Thanks again mate

Has anyone got any opinions on in swinger/out swinger corners or whether you believe this to be irrelevant. Iv found out swinging corners avoid the keeper more but I dont know whether that leads to more headers on goal or not. I know on another thread out swinging corners were seen as the shizzle.

Archived