Zinedine Zidane

jdogg

Does anyone roughtly kow what his attributes would be in FM if in great days as i just had the idea to put him into a FM10 new save i start as a free agent lol But i have no idea how his attributes would line up against ronaldo, messi etc...does anyone have a good idea what they would be if he were in game TY

Corners - 12

Crossing - 13

Dribbling - 18

Finishing - 16

First Touch - 19

Free Kick Taking - 16

Heading - 15

Long Shots - 13

Long Throws - 8

Marking - 6

Passing - 17

Penalty Taking - 18

Tackling - 5

Technique - 20

Aggression - 8

Anticipation - 16

Bravery - 10

Composure - 19

Concentration - 14

Creativity - 20

Decisions - 15

Determination - 16

Flair - 17

Influence - 16

Off The Ball - 12

Positioning - 10

Teamwork - 14

Work Rate - 12

Acceleration - 13

Agility - 17

Balance - 20

Jumping - 11

Natural Fitness - 13

Pace - 12

Stamina - 16

Strength - 16

That's probably a rough guide of him at his peak.

Corners - 12

Crossing - 13

Dribbling - 18

Finishing - 16

First Touch - 19

Free Kick Taking - 16

Heading - 15

Long Shots - 13

Long Throws - 8

Marking - 6

Passing - 17

Penalty Taking - 18

Tackling - 5

Technique - 20

Aggression - 8

Anticipation - 16

Bravery - 10

Composure - 19

Concentration - 14

Creativity - 20

Decisions - 15

Determination - 16

Flair - 17

Influence - 16

Off The Ball - 12

Positioning - 10

Teamwork - 14

Work Rate - 12

Acceleration - 13

Agility - 17

Balance - 20

Jumping - 11

Natural Fitness - 13

Pace - 12

Stamina - 16

Strength - 16

That's probably a rough guide of him at his peak.

Thank you very much joe :thup:

And to who asked no i am not jeff dog :rolleyes:

I would say his Mental attributes would be a bit greater than that :thup:

Yeah you could possibly put teamwork and decisions up 2/3 points. Maybe bravery, concentration, work rate and determination up a point or two as well.

He was more of a technical player than a mental player though, he more of a Gourcuff than a Kaka I'd say.

Yeah you could possibly put teamwork and decisions up 2/3 points. Maybe bravery, concentration, work rate and determination up a point or two as well.

He was more of a technical player than a mental player though, he more of a Gourcuff than a Kaka I'd say.

But when he was around 30, he knew the game much better than nearly every other play on the pitch.. :thup: He had the technique with the brains behind it IMO.

That is why he was a world great :)

don't forget to make sure his hidden Important Matches stat is at least 18/20.

to account for the glasgow handshake with materazzi you could whack his hidden Dirtiness stat up to a similar level...(not that I think that's a fair reflection of his whole career)

unbelievable.... talking about one of the most intelligent footballers of all time and saying he was more of a technical player rather then mentally...

at his peak... zidane was better then any of todays players tbh.... and easily one of the greatest living players around

unbelievable.... talking about one of the most intelligent footballers of all time and saying he was more of a technical player rather then mentally...

at his peak... zidane was better then any of todays players tbh.... and easily one of the greatest living players around

Agreed :thup: he was ridiculously creative, he was basically a combination of Pirlo, Xavi and Kaka.

Top 3 all-time, no doubt, imo.

I like the attributes that joe_the_man put up, but I agree that the mental stats should probably be higher. Barring the WC incident, he was not phased by much.

Corners - 16

Crossing - 15

Dribbling - 19

Finishing - 16

First Touch - 20

Free Kick Taking - 18

Heading - 15

Long Shots - 14

Long Throws - 8

Marking - 6

Passing - 20

Penalty Taking - 20

Tackling - 5

Technique - 20

Aggression - 12

Anticipation - 19

Bravery - 13

Composure - 20

Concentration - 17

Creativity - 20

Decisions - 20

Determination - 19

Flair - 18

Influence - 20

Off The Ball - 17

Positioning - 10

Teamwork - 17

Work Rate - 12

Acceleration - 14

Agility - 17

Balance - 20

Jumping - 14

Natural Fitness - 16

Pace - 12

Stamina - 17

Strength - 17

20 right foot

16 left foot

Corners - 16

Crossing - 15

Dribbling - 19

Finishing - 16

First Touch - 20

Free Kick Taking - 18

Heading - 15

Long Shots - 14

Long Throws - 8

Marking - 6

Passing - 20

Penalty Taking - 20

Tackling - 5

Technique - 20

Aggression - 12

Anticipation - 19

Bravery - 13

Composure - 20

Concentration - 17

Creativity - 20

Decisions - 20

Determination - 19

Flair - 18

Influence - 20

Off The Ball - 17

Positioning - 10

Teamwork - 17

Work Rate - 12

Acceleration - 14

Agility - 17

Balance - 20

Jumping - 14

Natural Fitness - 16

Pace - 12

Stamina - 17

Strength - 17

20 right foot

16 left foot

I'd say that is pretty accurate to what he once was. He was the the most creative player I have ever watched.

I think those stats are a little too high tbh.

Comparing him with the 2011 Iniesta in my game, who shouldn't be that far off Zidane, although obviously not as good...

They're level on acceleration, flair, anticipation. Iniesta is better at marking, tackling, positioning (being clearly better defensively), teamwork, work rate off the ball and pace. And your Zidane is better at everything else.

Whilst in hindsight my attributes are probably a little off in some areas (as it was only a quick reply to the topic) I think your Zidane is too good tbh.

I'd probably compromise and say that all yours are right except:

Corners, crossing, bravery, concentration, determination down by 2.

Dribbling, free kicks, passing, pace, off the ball and strength down by 1.

I'd also put flair up by 2, stamina, finishing and teamwork up by 1.

All in all not much difference. Allez Zizou :cool:

I have little recollection of 1998, I only knew him in his Real Madrid years and maybe a season for Juve, but I'd suggest it was probably more his talent that won it, rather than his gritty personality etc.

He just didn't strike me as a player who would drive a team on enough to warrant that little bit extra. For example Gerrard, De Rossi, Essien, Terry, Gattuso, Defour etc. are the people that come to mind when I think about determination 19/20.

If it helps this is Zizou from my FM09 save using Deus Legends database. Note that this is from the 2nd month of the game and he is only 22 at this point and there is going to be some serious development, but this is a good starting point:

zizou.jpg

And for what its worth IMO he is top 5 all time, the best since Maradona and was comfortably better than anyone playing currently.

Well clearly I'm being outnumbered, so I'll probably concede my point, but his drive to win is just not something I saw as one of the strongest points of his game, that's all.

Oh I missed this comment as well.

And for what its worth IMO he is top 5 all time, the best since Maradona and was comfortably better than anyone playing currently.

I can't comment on all time, as I've only been sufficiently aware of football for the last 10 years or less, but he's the best player that I've watched, followed closely by Ronaldo.

I always find it difficult to go down the "all time" route when talking sports. Unless you watched players from decades past in matches then that's impossible to judge.

He's the 2nd best player I've watched though, Maradona is # 1. The likes of Ronaldo and Kaka could perhaps be compared with Baggio, Mathaus and Romario in terms of stature,world class and the best of their generation, but not considered an all time greats like Pele, Cruyff, Maradona etc...

For attributes, I agree with Snoop Robbie Rob.:thup:

I always find it difficult to go down the "all time" route when talking sports. Unless you watched players from decades past in matches then that's impossible to judge.

He's the 2nd best player I've watched though, Maradona is # 1. The likes of Ronaldo and Kaka could perhaps be compared with Baggio, Mathaus and Romario in terms of stature,world class and the best of their generation, but not considered an all time greats like Pele, Cruyff, Maradona etc...

For attributes, I agree with Snoop Robbie Rob.:thup:

interesting to see you picked players who've played in the US .... not that I dont agree with you... but i find it interesting..

for instance... one of my all time greats is John Charles.... but i guess theres some national pride there aswell...

interesting to see you picked players who've played in the US .... not that I dont agree with you... but i find it interesting..

for instance... one of my all time greats is John Charles.... but i guess theres some national pride there aswell...

Huh, never realized I did that:confused:

I'm not American by the way and have only been here 5 years, don't know if that's relevant to your "interesting" thought process;)

oh... haha i dunno then..

but i have to admit.. id never think to mention baggio in the same breathe as matheus or call him the best in his generation..

Really, you don't consider Mathaus an elite player? World Cup winning captain and all that. To be honest I just mentioned 3 guys I remember watching from the past, not the 3 I necessarily consider the best. (I may have mentioned Michael Laudrup or Hagi)

Not a mention of his hidden attributes or mental traits tut tut

Controversy would be a 15

Sportsmanship would be 8

Consistency 15

Important Matches 20

Professionalism 18

Loyalty 15

Injury Proneness 5

IMO

Zidane missed 2 matches in the 98 WC for a red card in group stage against Saudi Arabia for stamping a player.

which?

tell me you arent talking cristiano ? PLEASEEEEE tell me you mean THE ronaldo?

Haha yes, obviously I mean THE ACTUAL ronaldo. Messi is better than the other Ronaldo anyway :) Messi will, I think, go down as one of the greats in football. Not now, but before his career is over he will be considered there imo.

Best players of my generation:

1. Zidane

2. Ronaldo

3. Ronaldinho

4. Figo

5. Cafu

6. Messi

7. C. Ronaldo

That's also not including Buffon, but I'm sure he'd be there if I could figure out how to rank goalkeepers about outfield players :)

Not a mention of his hidden attributes or mental traits tut tut

Controversy would be a 15

Sportsmanship would be 8

Consistency 15

Important Matches 20

Professionalism 18

Loyalty 15

Injury Proneness 5

IMO

Zidane missed 2 matches in the 98 WC for a red card in group stage against Saudi Arabia for stamping a player.

Also, I'd raise consistency. I don't know what it would compare like with other players, as I don't look at hidden stats, but I never saw him have a bad game.

All the rest look pretty accurate though.

noty a bad list at all joe.... cant fault it tbh.....

well ok.. i can .... no maldini... but im a defender at heart so id have to have him :)

I did think about Maldini, but then I tried to think about when I've seen him play, and I really can't remember a game. Possibly should be there, but I'm not big enough on Italian football to say yay or nay.

Also, I'd raise consistency. I don't know what it would compare like with other players, as I don't look at hidden stats, but I never saw him have a bad game.

I saw him have plenty of average games where he had minimal effect on the game, 15/20 seems about right to me.

The 06 WC may have been his finest hour in many respects but it wasnt him at his peak.

I didn't make it up, joy.

I looked up the match details on Wiki and it said he only got a yellow in that match.

Your mistake was to rely on Wiki for solid facts!

I saw him have plenty of average games where he had minimal effect on the game, 15/20 seems about right to me.

The 06 WC may have been his finest hour in many respects but it wasnt him at his peak.

Well no player has an effect on every game, but I would've ranked Zidane higher than at least 95% of top players in that sense personally. I'm give him perhaps a 17 or 18.

Best players of my generation:

1. Zidane

2. Ronaldo

3. Ronaldinho

4. Figo

5. Cafu

6. Messi

7. C. Ronaldo

You're missing a couple off there then man... such as Batistuta/Shearer. Both so much better than any other target man of their time.

There's an argument for Thierry Henry there as well.

Not to mention Nesta/Cannavaro/Maldini (I've seen you've already explained the latter)

To be fair, there's probably a load more, decent list mind you.

You're missing a couple off there then man... such as Batistuta/Shearer. Both so much better than any other target man of their time.

There's an argument for Thierry Henry there as well.

Not to mention Nesta/Cannavaro/Maldini (I've seen you've already explained the latter)

To be fair, there's probably a load more, decent list mind you.

well of course theres any number of players that can be named...

rivaldo, shevchenko ( remember ronaldo , batistuta and others have faded away aswell)

arguably cantona, suker etc

its all a matter of perspective and opinion of course.

giggs for me is right up there with these players...

he's been consistantly a top player... even right until now in his late 30's.. he's one of the best players on the pitch when he plays...

Just my own view here by the way, but I genuinely rate Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player I've ever seen on a REGULAR basis.

NB: I'm not a Man Utd supporter.

He tracks back, scores goals, free kicks, can head it, dribbles, crosses - the lad has it all.

Zidane, as amazing as he was, wasn't quite as rounded. Of course, a different type of player though.

I hope I'm not going to be regarded as a silly youngster, cos I'm not in the slightest. (I really miss Football Italia and Gazzetta on C4!!)

And just to clarify, I say Ronaldo as best ever because Maradona was a spent force by the time I was old enough to really watch football with any understanding (and therefore anyone prior to him is as well!)

And just to clarify, I say Ronaldo as best ever because Maradona was a spent force by the time I was old enough to really watch football with any understanding (and therefore anyone prior to him is as well!)

How can you make the statement that Ronaldo is the best ever when you are judging it purely on players you have seen in your life time?

He tracks back, scores goals, free kicks, can head it, dribbles, crosses - the lad has it all.

Zidane, as amazing as he was, wasn't quite as rounded. Of course, a different type of player though.

Zidane not as rounded? This must be a joke. Zidane had it all. Simple as that, there were very few things he couldnt do. Whereas i can think of quite a few things Ronaldo cant do.

Dont get me wrong Ronaldo is a great player, but he hasnt achieved half of the things Zidane did and i think it will take a good few years of him playing at the top level for him to even be spoke of in the same breath as Zidane.

How can you make the statement that Ronaldo is the best ever when you are judging it purely on players you have seen in your life time?

Zidane not as rounded? This must be a joke. Zidane had it all. Simple as that, there were very few things he couldnt do. Whereas i can think of quite a few things Ronaldo cant do.

Dont get me wrong Ronaldo is a great player, but he hasnt achieved half of the things Zidane did and i think it will take a good few years of him playing at the top level for him to even be spoke of in the same breath as Zidane.

Regarding your first point - if you read my quote I said "..Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player I've ever seen"

And for the record, Zidane isn't as rounded as Ronaldo IMO. Ronaldo can win more games single handedly than Zidane. Yes, Ronaldo still has a lot to achieve, he's only young - but I do believe in 15 years time we'll be speaking of him like we do Pele and Maradona.

Please note, I'm not saying Zidane wasn't rounded, he was. Not like Ronaldo though.

And finally, just to make you aware that I'm not a total idiot - I do rate Zidane within the top 5 players I've ever witnessed.

Regarding your first point - if you read my quote I said "..Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player I've ever seen"

And for the record, Zidane isn't as rounded as Ronaldo IMO. Ronaldo can win more games single handedly than Zidane. Yes, Ronaldo still has a lot to achieve, he's only young - but I do believe in 15 years time we'll be speaking of him like we do Pele and Maradona.

Please note, I'm not saying Zidane wasn't rounded, he was. Not like Ronaldo though.

And finally, just to make you aware that I'm not a total idiot - I do rate Zidane within the top 5 players I've ever witnessed.

Sorry, i must have misread it then when you said "I say Ronaldo as best ever because Maradona was a spent force by the time I was old enough to really watch football" I thought you were saying Ronaldo is the best ever purely because you hadnt seen Maradona and the like play.

Regarding your point about Zidane not being as rounded. Take a look at the screenshot that edgar posted of him on the legends databased (a screenshot that all of us on here have admitted is a fair representation of him at his prime) Now apart from marking, long throws, finishing and tackling (both of which should be higher imo) i see a pretty well rounded player there. Now compare that screenshot to one of Ronaldo on FM10 and you will see the difference.

I dont think you're a total idiot, i was just voicing my opinion thats all :)

Archived