British Media Sources & Journalists OFFICIAL THREAD

jWaSiMhE

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update to the East London Advertiser - it also covers a couple of obscure lower league clubs that may not be in the FM database. If they are, you can put in Sporting Hackney and Bethnal Green United. There are others but they are stupidly low down, so far they are not on SuperBladesmans DB and only have results shown.

Just an update to the East London Advertiser - it also covers a couple of obscure lower league clubs that may not be in the FM database. If they are, you can put in Sporting Hackney and Bethnal Green United. There are others but they are stupidly low down, so far they are not on SuperBladesmans DB and only have results shown.

i will have check about the clubs being in the SI database

i will have check about the clubs being in the SI database

Bethnal Green United are in the Si database have added them in for you

the other team you mentioned arent if you give me their ID in Sb's database i can give you the line command you can add into your own personal file

regards

I have fixed the Foreign Journalist bug (website & fanzine media that had no journalist added had random foreign journalist names, didnt seem to affect newspapers etc.) that appeared in the BETA & past FM media packs

This could just be me but could you try loading another league alongside the English one and see what happens. I've just holidayed a game and press conferences in Spain and Italy (other loaded leagues) were full of local British press. Can you just check in case it was something I inputted by mistake?

This could just be me but could you try loading another league alongside the English one and see what happens. I've just holidayed a game and press conferences in Spain and Italy (other loaded leagues) were full of local British press. Can you just check in case it was something I inputted by mistake?

this only seems a problem with spanish press conferences which is something i dont get as there are no refrences to spain or any spanish clubs or competitions in the edtor (at least for BBC newsline or yorkshire post!!! :D)

you could try downloading a spanish media pack

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158596 try here...

this only seems a problem with spanish press conferences

i can confirm other countries (germany, france etc.) dont have the english media in the database

it may just be a game issue

i think i remeber seeing this after patch 9.2.0, weird how it nly afects spain though, are there any other countries which have the same problem???

EDIT - there is a picture of Farsley Celtic new manager press conference with Scottish media (for junior leagues) & other foreign media

HERE ... http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2318749&postcount=277

Ok. Its not such a big issue as unless I end up at a stage where I finally get a top job when starting from the bottom it wont bother me.

i ran some more tests and it seems to be a bug affecting the top teams in europe only (eg R. Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelone, AC Milan) other teams in the same leagues dont have british press

will message SI and post in the bugs forum

but like you said it wil only affect if you are managaing on of these "top" clubs
i ran some more tests and it seems to be a bug affecting the top teams in europe only (eg R. Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelone, AC Milan) other teams in the same leagues dont have british press

will message SI and post in the bugs forum

I'm not too worried but someone else might be. It could be affecting solely the top teams. I believe I checked on Atletico Madrid and Valencia when holidaying and noticed this, dunno if they are considered top teams but the error was there. I added those media packs and it doesnt seem to make much difference. Might be an SI issue though so not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on if it is possible to get rid of the fictional media that FM creates on it's own?

Im working on a new Swedish media pack and it's seems like there is no way to get rid of the fictional stuff regardless of the quantity of newspaper, magazine, fanzine, website and radio I add to the file.

Is there a way? Do you know if SI got any plans on sorting this out?

Any news on if it is possible to get rid of the fictional media that FM creates on it's own?

Im working on a new Swedish media pack and it's seems like there is no way to get rid of the fictional stuff regardless of the quantity of newspaper, magazine, fanzine, website and radio I add to the file.

Is there a way? Do you know if SI got any plans on sorting this out?

i didnt have this problem with my media file

if you could give me a link and i will have a look to see if there are any issues with the code in your file... other than that i couldnt help you... sorry

i presume you have already pm'ed SI

regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ive added a mirror if u dont mind.

thats fine, if it gets more people using this feature & as long as there is a credit(s) i dont mind

as FM 11 is looming over the horizon i am looking into changing the style of the media pack for next season

the new xml system now allows to edit a database and save only the changes as we all know

adding media to the game by this method allows for a little extra detail (linked media etc)

if anyone could give any thoughts on this idea or any potential drawbacks

thanks alot

EDIT - if the demand is still there i would still create a EDT file also

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bump but i am looking for any responses from anyone regarding the above post

iv already started work on Version 6 for FM 2011

regards

Added BBC News Shows - what will hs feature do actually have a bbc show on fm:L

during some press conferences depending on the local area of the team (eg. BBC EastMidlands) certain media will attend

for the bbc news shows i have added many real life journalists to each local area

any more questions please ask :)

regards

• 1 month later...

Unpatched game: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

10.3 patched game: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\edt

For the 10.1 or 10.2 patched games, just change 1030 into the corresponding patchnumber

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived