Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Which one of the tactics works well against the big teams? Tried both CGS and classic version, lost against chelsea every time. Also, with cgs, i played 3-3 at Shity while with the classic i won with 3-0. 2 different saves, practically same transfers. Playing as Arsenal.

Is it a good idea to play for example, classic (balanced attack/defense) at home and against smaller teams and Beta wiz (defensive) away at big teams?

I use gcs' to great success...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey people does anyone have any advice to keep consitency within a team. one game i won barcelon 7-1!!!! but then lose to arsenal 3-1....then i win aston villa 3-1 then draw liverpool 1-1. PLZ HELP

1) Team Talks. Use Bubba's Thread.

2) Sqaud Rotation. Use players with higher Condition. Kalou with 100% conditon is better than Drogba with 90% condition.

3) Use players with higher Morale.

Great first season with sunderland. Finished 5th. 2nd season, absolutely awful. This is with the GCS Beta tactic.

I've also never conceded so many goals with a tactic. Even tho I finished 5th, I conceded 51 goals!

Great fun the 1st season, but hopeless in the 2nd. I'll be trying another tactic after the 2nd season. I'd conceded 21 goals after 7 games in the 2nd season. Absolutely awful

Great first season with sunderland. Finished 5th. 2nd season, absolutely awful. This is with the GCS Beta tactic.

I've also never conceded so many goals with a tactic. Even tho I finished 5th, I conceded 51 goals!

Great fun the 1st season, but hopeless in the 2nd. I'll be trying another tactic after the 2nd season. I'd conceded 21 goals after 7 games in the 2nd season. Absolutely awful

Are you using gcs' 4-1-2-1-2 or his first tactic?

Its the 4-1-2-3 tactic - GCS

Try these Tweaks:

- Move the Central FC to AMC.

- Use OIs, Show all Right sided players onto their Left foot. ie FBR, WBR, MR, AMR.

- Use OIs, Show all Left sided players onto their Right foot. ie. FBL, WBL, ML, AML.

- Tight Mark the Following Players. FBR/L, WBR/L, MR/L, AMR/L and ST.

Won the League with PSV first season. Got to the Quarter-Finals in the Uefa Cup. Runners-up in the Dutch Cup. All with a weak squad.

@Glassy08: I have used the Classic Version 6 years in a row now and won the premier league everytime. In the last 4 seasons I have conceded the least goals in the premier league with only 11 going into my net. Make sure you are doing your teamtalks properly, the players suite their positions, your ass man isnt killing morale and that you aren't playing players that have Rst or condition of less than 90%. Btw: this is with West Ham.

Try these Tweaks:

- Move the Central FC to AMC.

- Use OIs, Show all Right sided players onto their Left foot. ie FBR, WBR, MR, AMR.

- Use OIs, Show all Left sided players onto their Right foot. ie. FBL, WBL, ML, AML.

- Tight Mark the Following Players. FBR/L, WBR/L, MR/L, AMR/L and ST.

Won the League with PSV first season. Got to the Quarter-Finals in the Uefa Cup. Runners-up in the Dutch Cup. All with a weak squad.

Can you upload the gcs tac please? Thanks

Playing with Manu (tried all 3 tactics).

Classic version: The best

GCS: 2nd best. Very attacking. Leaking goals (in big games). Can be employed when you are chasing the game.

Wizard tactic: 3rd best. A good tactic. Not very useful if you are an ambitious team.

I'm curious in trying out one of these tactics as I didn't get a chance to try any of Mr. Hough's fine work prior to 10.3 patch. Have read the entire thread, took about 3 hours. It seems that I'll probably go with the gcs' tactic. I'm going to use a big team, and since that tactic is more potent attacking-wise, it should be a better fit. Have a couple questions though:

1. In the OP it says that these tactics are for small pitches, however, throughout the thread it has been mentioned that it can also be used on medium and large pitches. Is this true or should I stick with the smallest possible pitch? I also imagine the defending and closing down would be more effective on a smaller pitch. So what is the consensus on this?

2. I'm wondering, would it be possible to play the central striker as a trequartista instead of a deep lying forward? Has anyone tried this?

I'm curious in trying out one of these tactics as I didn't get a chance to try any of Mr. Hough's fine work prior to 10.3 patch. Have read the entire thread, took about 3 hours. It seems that I'll probably go with the gcs' tactic. I'm going to use a big team, and since that tactic is more potent attacking-wise, it should be a better fit. Have a couple questions though:

1. In the OP it says that these tactics are for small pitches, however, throughout the thread it has been mentioned that it can also be used on medium and large pitches. Is this true or should I stick with the smallest possible pitch? I also imagine the defending and closing down would be more effective on a smaller pitch. So what is the consensus on this?

2. I'm wondering, would it be possible to play the central striker as a trequartista instead of a deep lying forward? Has anyone tried this?

Hey Dirty Ace, Just to answer your questions.

1. The reason i choose the smallest pitch possible is because of the reasons that you have stated basicly, I think the defence will be tighter because there will be less chance of the opp finding space because the pitch is small.

But on your side you will find either one of your strikers moving out wide or droping deeper this will bring one or two of the opp's defensive players out of position and that will give space to either the 2 or 1 attacking players depending on which version you are using.

2. I Think the Role of the Trequartista is a out and out striker who is really focused on attacking and not really bringing players in, The way i designed the tactic is that i wanted to middle striker to drop into the space between the defensive midfielder/central midfielder and the central defenders.

The other too strikers have 'Move into Channels' as wide play settings and with this i find that when they move out wide the will take a defender with them leaving spaces for the other 2 strikers to exploit.

Saying that though try it with the Trequartista and see how it plays.

I hope this info will help you understand how the tactics work better.

Mr Hough ,do you think your next tactic your releasing will be your best tactic you have created for this game ?

Thats hard to say cos i've made some great tactics for the game. Whenever i do make a new tactic i will always try and make it as good as i can.

I've jsut started a new test with dundee united tottenham and valencia to see how it goes because the quick Real Madrid save was far too easy.

Thats hard to say cos i've made some great tactics for the game. Whenever i do make a new tactic i will always try and make it as good as i can.

I've jsut started a new test with dundee united tottenham and valencia to see how it goes because the quick Real Madrid save was far too easy.

try it with Burnley as there rubbish on it and u finish mid table above people eill think more like yeah as the 3 teams u mentioned are good enough to win the league

Would you say that this is your best tactic for 10.3?

Would you say that this is your best tactic for 10.3?

Either the Classic or the Original Beta, The GCS version of my tactic has had some good response aswell, But if i was gonna pick 1 it would be the Classic

Either the Classic or the Original Beta, The GCS version of my tactic has had some good response aswell, But if i was gonna pick 1 it would be the Classic

Cheers. Just started a new game with the classic. Despite having FM10 from its release i've never got into it. Giving it one final blast. I'm Inter and after looking in this thread i should walk the league?

Cheers. Just started a new game with the classic. Despite having FM10 from its release i've never got into it. Giving it one final blast. I'm Inter and after looking in this thread i should walk the league?

Yes you should, Try not to be over confident though you will still have to do the right preperations like team talks and keeping the morale up.

These are all vital in making any tactic work.

Yes you should, Try not to be over confident though you will still have to do the right preperations like team talks and keeping the morale up.

Mr Hough, with the classic version, is it the same player attributes that you have in the OP? Thanks

Of course, and the link to the classic in the first post is the latest?

I have a little question guyz.....would u recommend a right foot striker in left position, and a left foot in right position..........or right footer in right and left footer at left????

i find it dunt matter what foot is

has anyone tweaked the classic tactic??? cause im havin a bit of a difficult time with it....

its annoying me how inconsistant my team is, im not blaming you mr. hough....im sure 100% its my fault. i just dont know what to do. if it helps my team is tottenham and best 11 are:

gomes

bale woodgate bassong walker

veloso

modric huddlestone

dzeko neymar defoe

if anyone can help me i would appreciate it a lot!!!

This tactic just doesnt make sense sometimes.. Im Villa, decent team.

I beat Chelsea and United no problem..

I then draw with Burnley and Bolton and get tonked 5-0 by Arsenal.. Doesnt add up at all. Same team, same tactics.

it a combat of loads of things. eg players on the day keeping moral up if important etc............

Hey Dirty Ace, Just to answer your questions.

1. The reason i choose the smallest pitch possible is because of the reasons that you have stated basicly, I think the defence will be tighter because there will be less chance of the opp finding space because the pitch is small.

But on your side you will find either one of your strikers moving out wide or droping deeper this will bring one or two of the opp's defensive players out of position and that will give space to either the 2 or 1 attacking players depending on which version you are using.

Thanks Mr. Hough, though I have another question about these tactics. When you say that it depends on which version I use. I looked at all three versions you have posted and they all seem to have the same type of striker arrangement and instructions, there's nothing really different about them. Could you clarify a bit more that you meant? Are you referring to the defensive differences in the various versions?

2. I Think the Role of the Trequartista is a out and out striker who is really focused on attacking and not really bringing players in, The way i designed the tactic is that i wanted to middle striker to drop into the space between the defensive midfielder/central midfielder and the central defenders.

The other too strikers have 'Move into Channels' as wide play settings and with this i find that when they move out wide the will take a defender with them leaving spaces for the other 2 strikers to exploit.

Saying that though try it with the Trequartista and see how it plays.

I hope this info will help you understand how the tactics work better.

Let me clarify a bit about the Trequartista role as I've had some good experience and success using it. Think of him more as an out and out creative force, but not necessarily a pure striker/attacker. The player in this role will essentially look for space any chance he gets, which means he usually doesn't perform any defensive duties, or at least he performs them to a very small extent. The other misconception is that a trequartista doesn't bring other players into the play. He does, to a great extent. A trequartista roams all over and can drop much deeper than even the deep lying forwards. He'll essentially interplay with almost any player that joins in the attack or moves into the last third of the pitch. You can even check this by just going into the tactics creator and setting a player to this role, then checking him mentality settings. You'll see that even though this is a role that has an attack duty, the actual mentality setting is quite low, meaning he will sit deep, plus the roaming instructions he's given will make him pop up all over the pitch. I've seen my trequartista interplay with my fullbacks and any deep lying midfielders, not just the strikers, all in a single attacking move. Of course some of this does depend on the player's own attributes, especially things like decision making and teamwork.

So back to your tactic now. What I'm thinking is that a trequartista may work out pretty well in it. The only thing to keep in mind is that this player shouldn't be relied to do too much defensive work, since it will interfere with his primary creative duties. However, if you have good, solid, hard working midfielders, then I think they should be able to make up for the trequartista's lack of defense.

I may try to test this out but not at first, because I've already spent my transfer budget and so don't have enough finances to get a player with the right stats to fill the trequartista role. For example, someone like Neymar at Santos.

Do you have a Screenshot of your squad?

Would love to see it :)

It is really good financially as you can just do monthly installments for £40m and sign basically anyone. Because of this and the huge £2m a week wage budget, i make a loss every month of about £15m. But whenever the bank balance goes to 0 (about 5 times), the 'free-spending' chairman, just pumps in £70m on average.

However, that means expectation of a league win and champions league win in the FIRST season of being in it. And the first seasons i finished 4th and 3rd - not happy. And in the champions league i did not get past the group stage and then didn't win the europa league. The board was not happy to say the least!

Tevez is too incredible:

1st season - 34 in 43

2nd season - 37 in 49

This season (as of Feb 1st)- 46 in 33

My first 11 after season 3 (storming the league now):

GK - Akinfeev

DR - Srna

DL - Vargas

DC - Mexes

DC - Chivu

MC - Fabregas

MC - Balotelli

DMC - Barry

ST - Tevez

ST - Torres

ST - Dzeko/Adebayor

I find it hard not to use wingers, as love wingers, and have several of them due to not using this tactic in the first 2 years. But the tactic is working too well!!

How did you take over Italy and Inter, and your only in December in the First Season?

Can you do that at the start of the game?

I was suprised too. Took over Inter at the start of the game. Italy sacked their manager in October and i applied and got it. I set my past experience to 'international footballer' when i started the game which would have helped, along with my good form for Inter.

47665283.png