Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Jp sorry to be a bug...but are u tryin to tell me that the tactic u r using is merely a plug and play one...dont u make any adjustments at all....Judging by your results above with Boro...they seem very very good....tanks

No i never make any ajustments. I never use opposition instructions ans i use shouts even less. Like Mr Hough says, team cohesion is everything. I have a 2 player rule meaning i never buy or sell more than 2 players a season although i will bring in more loan players if my team is weak. With a short passing tactic like this its even more important to have a strong team understanding.

I really try my best to keep my squad together but the main problem i have is that they want to leave. They say they are 'ambitious and want to win trophies' which is what i do but they are not content so i have to sell them because i believe no player is bigger than the club. But how do i keep a player at my club for the rest of their career for example?

I put huge price tags on players. It scares most teams off but if one does make a bid it will usually be a huge one that you cant refuse.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No i never make any ajustments. I never use opposition instructions ans i use shouts even less. Like Mr Hough says, team cohesion is everything. I have a 2 player rule meaning i never buy or sell more than 2 players a season although i will bring in more loan players if my team is weak. With a short passing tactic like this its even more important to have a strong team understanding.

I put huge price tags on players. It scares most teams off but if one does make a bid it will usually be a huge one that you cant refuse.

I think that's a great idea. I think i will try that. And if they do go then at least a get a huge fee for them

Sounds like something else other than tactics. Teamtalks,squad cohesion or squad condition may be the problem.

Are your team gelled?

Are your team Fit?

Are you getting the best from your team with your teamtalks?

i second this. Team and squad gelling is very important. Only then will u get consistency in a tactic, just like in real life. How often have we seen squad rotations upsetting the balance and chemistry of a team in every area, defence, midfield and attack. Heck, even a GK change can have an effect, especially if playing a high d line with offside instructions!

How i try to add some realism into the game, is not to overhaul my squad every season. I only do major changes in my first season at the club. But even that, i keep the inherited spine intact and just bring in players to compliment that spine. My current save, the majority of my squad was either already at the club or brought in during my first season transfer window. Now i'm introducing 4 youngsters from the Under19 squad into the 1st team. i'm in season 4 by the way.

Fitness is also crucial, unless u have a team of 'Pychos' aka Stuart Pearce, who can play unaffected even with a broken leg. Unfit players usually are not able to play to their potential, meaning they could miss sitters, make defensive mistakes at crucial times or easily get injured during the match forcing unneeded substitutions. As in real life, squad depth is crucial for a team to challenge for any trophy. As the saying goes, in football 'the ball is round'. anything can happen, look what happened at Liverpool, Torres and Gerrad out during crucial parts of the season, for Manchester United, Wayne rooney injured at the worst possible time. For small budget clubs, its almost impossible having the luxury of a deep squad, that calculated team selections and rotation becomes important, ie. not throwing ur best 11 against league minnows this weekend, knowing there is a midweek game next to play.

As for team talks, well what can i say. i dont really enjoy this aspect of the game due to its rigidness. Yes, some ppl wont agree, but i feel SI still have a lot to do in terms of this function of the game. Team talks are so crucial in real life, but somehow the options, player reactions and feedback from team talks is lacking in dynamism and realism. Its gotten to the point, that i just follow the suggested team talks to suit the ME, ie. 'Wish luck' and 'Got Faith' and 'None'. It has become robotic but the players really gets a boost when u get it right. So if u want results and consistency, u have to do proper ME suitable team talks.

So bring in the right type of players early if possible, let the team gel, could take more than a season, play fit players and do the proper ME suitable team talks. Importantly, stay with the tactics, the fundamentals are sound, u just need the players to get used to it.

Good luck to all.

PS I'm using the 10.3 classic tactic, latest edition. getting fantastic results, goals from everywhere. Top scorers are the Centre Strikers, Adriano with 16 goals in 20 games, Dzeko with 11 goals in 15 games. And i rotate my squads every match.

I will backup JP Woody's and Mr. Hough's statements/advice. What they say regarding team cohesion/understanding is very true. This aspect of FM is overlooked sometimes by many players. It is as important as having the right players.

One other thing I'll add is the importance of players' understanding of the tactic itself. I've noticed in all my careers that the gelling and understanding of the tactic are two different things. You may have a gelled team, but one that has not yet used to the tactic. For this it is simply a matter of time though. Just keep that in mind if your team is still struggling even though the players might be gelled.

JP Woody also brings up a good point about setting high asking price for the players you want to keep as much as possible. I do this as well. I identify all the players that I would really want to keep, especially the young ones with a big future, and set their price high. This method is yet to fail me in scaring off any potential buyers. The clubs might still continue to show interest in your players, but they wont bid. You'll probably even see some news messages about some club planning a bid for one of your players for a certain amount, however, no bid will actually come in. For example, I was able to keep hold of Neymar at Hearts while almost all top clubs were interested in him. I simply set his price at 60 mil (his actual value was 25 mil). It scared off most clubs, however, Man City and Real Madrid remained, but neither bid. I probably would have let him go for 60 mil. That's a ton of money for an SPL club, and would have been able to easily find a good replacement or two.

Sometimes too if you start with a team like Spurs like I did - to generate cash I can get rid of players like bentley, lennon & rose as the tactic doesn't use wingers.

They're short on CM's and strikers too, so more than 2 players are needed to start with a strong squad.

I agree that the team needs to have a strong understanding - so if it's at the start of a season I'll play alot of friendlies in pre-season to make sure the players have played in about 10 games together before the start of the season.

Even still it will take till early September until the team is properly gelled and generating results as it should from the tactic - that's normal though, I never expect things to work straight away and nor should anyone!

The original classic tactic has been doing well in League 1 and 2.

cocacolafootballleaguet.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bury was predicted to finish 8th (I think). Bury doesn't have any money (I think the transfer budget was 16K), so I only used free transfers and loans. We had a 12 or 15 point lead late in the season but then a loss killed the confidence of the team and we ended up losing 4 matches in a row but they rebounded to stay in first.

burybest11200910.th.png

Tom Elliot and Ryan Donaldson were great in League 2.

cocacolafootballleagueo.th.png

Bury was predicted to finish 20th, so I was happy to get the 2nd place autopromotion spot. Only had a 65K transfer budget, so I relied on free transfers and loans again.

burybest11201011.th.png

Steve Gohouri (on a free) was solid at the back and scored goals with the corner setup.

Bury was then predicted to finish 24th in the Championship. They struggled using the original classic tactic and the classic final. The defense was leaky and there was trouble scoring goals. I saw more hit posts in the first 5 matches in the Championship than in the 2 seasons in L1/L2.

Switched to the Hough/Woody final version and Bury is currently 5th after 15 matches. Have gone 6-2-1 since the switch while scoring 21 and allowing 5. Retaining possession seems to have been improved and the defense looks better.

Great tactic. Very effective when your team is confident and motivated.

ive tried about 3 of your tactics and they seem to win games like 3-0 5-0 and so on but only for bout 10 games then after that i start losing to teams at the bottom of the table like 3-1 4-2 4-3 and not just once, its like as if my team forgot how to win a game!!! maybe the AI learnt the tactic and knows how to counter it? and i dont think its a problem with the team gelling cos 10 consecutive games where we totally smash the opposition is enough to gel and instead of the team playing better and better they seem to get worse and worse!! any ideas???

I haven't overhauled my squad as I haven't had the money to do so.

I've kept pretty much everything the same since season 1. There's a few new faces, but they played fine in my 2nd season *Championship, finished 9th* just my 3rd season has gone down the pan and I now think I need to get some new faces in to help out.

Hmm, maybe is an accident but newer version ( Mr Hough 4123 unbeaten Version ) looks more unconsistant at the back than earlier ( Mr Hough's 4123 for 10.3 final ).

Yesterday i've played some thrilling match in Champions League against Inter. My opening tactic was Mr Hough 4123 unbeaten Version ( with no b-arrows for fullbacks ).

At halfitme sad 0-3. I had nothing to lose and i changed tactic to 4123 Everton version ( with ten men from 58th minute ! )

The final result was a draw.

http://www.filefront.com/16562223/tactic_change_comeback.pkm

muinter.jpg

Someone has similar experience or opinion ?

second this. Team and squad gelling is very important. Only then will u get consistency in a tactic, just like in real life. How often have we seen squad rotations upsetting the balance and chemistry of a team in every area, defence, midfield and attack. Heck, even a GK change can have an effect, especially if playing a high d line with offside instructions!

I agree with this totally. I especially don't like to change my back four much but what am i suppose to do when player get knocks every so often or their condition is really low? I find myself having to rotate my squad even when i don't want to!!!

i started a new career with chelsea,community shield match first half 3-0 for us..it ended 3-3 and lose on penalties..first league match against everton we lose 1-0..we found more chances but couldn't score..i think latest tactic still not might well in defence or i don't know how i should use it..

My results in the Serie A have been incredible!

38 games played 37 Won 1 Drn 126 scored 22 conceded G.D +104! Pts 112!

I've never even gotten results like this using the Diablo tactic in the old CM

Admittedly this is on the 2nd full season of using the tactic. I think squad cohesion, composition and team talks are important. I do loads of tutoring and there is no one on my first team with <15 determination. I use the Wolf's team talks and they have been great for me. I have done no tweaking at all as well and just plug it in and go. I have problems with the player ratings on full backs and I think it helps a lot if they have adequate heading ability as well. Better results using converted centre backs in that area.

Admittedly this is on the 2nd full season of using the tactic. I think squad cohesion, composition and team talks are important. I do loads of tutoring and there is no one on my first team with <15 determination. I use the Wolf's team talks and they have been great for me. I have done no tweaking at all as well and just plug it in and go. I have problems with the player ratings on full backs and I think it helps a lot if they have adequate heading ability as well. Better results using converted centre backs in that area.

Hi Fatalfury, good results there. Which version are you using??

Which team do you play whit?

Got some problems with filefront, link not working. Reupload it onto somewhere like mediafire? Gonna finally give this tactic a try after 27 pages of rave reviews ;)

Yeah I had this filefront problem, too. Could you just upload the latest wizard version that you created with JP Woody to another host?

I do apologize if this is a silly question, and I'm sorry if it has been asked before.

I'm not really sure about this - Are the wizard tactics any less good than the traditional ones? I've always preferred the other ones, but is there really any difference? The last update, for example, only included a wizard tactic, and therefore, I'm not sure whether that one or another non-wizard one is the best?

I have been using your tactics quite a bit for the fun of it; and although I'm not using them at the moment (just the same formation, funny enough) and haven't for a while, this is a general question I would appreciate if anyone could answer.

Thanks in advance :-)

Hi guys sorry for the nub question even though I've been playing this game forever....but I've never downloaded player filters before, where do they go?

you have to make a folder in your documents called filters and put them there then when there go to player search filters manage filters then import hope that helps

Maybe this is not the thread, but since I am using the latest tactic, and using the player filters it might be.

I try to get players with as good stats as possible in the attributes listed in the filters. However, sometimes my Asssistant Manager tells me this or that player is not good enough for the team. What should I trust?

I also find that sometimes players with many stars, perform realy well in this tactic, even though they are not as good on the listed attributes.

What do you recon of Target man(attacking) / Adv forward(attacking) with an attacking mid just behind set to advanced playmaker(attacking).

Having just walked the cs with Newcastle and minimal effort iv started again, plan on using Carrol/Ranger/Vuckic as my 3 attackers since their potential is amazing, gonna get them some early exp before i hit the premier league, also kadar in def instead of colloccini(sold).

Anyways will this ruin the tactic do you think? also the two midfielders, is it better to tweak them based on stats, so adv playmaker/b2b mid/ deeplying etc or just keep em standard mid(attacking).

About 15 games in so far and top by 1 point, not bad but getting alot of 1-0's and draws.

Using the final tactic at the very bottom of the opening post btw...

cheers

Can anyone help me cos its cracking me up!! Im using the Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 unbeaten final version with my afc wimbledon team!! Im 2nd after 8 games with a 6-1-1 record! Problem im having is what type of striker to play in the 3 forward positions!! Does the middle st need to be a creative FC or can it be a pacy ST etc? If anyone can also recommend some good signings for blue sq prem that would be class!!

Can anyone help me cos its cracking me up!! Im using the Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 unbeaten final version with my afc wimbledon team!! Im 2nd after 8 games with a 6-1-1 record! Problem im having is what type of striker to play in the 3 forward positions!! Does the middle st need to be a creative FC or can it be a pacy ST etc? If anyone can also recommend some good signings for blue sq prem that would be class!!

Read the OP. All the info you need is there.

What do you recon of Target man(attacking) / Adv forward(attacking) with an attacking mid just behind set to advanced playmaker(attacking).

Having just walked the cs with Newcastle and minimal effort iv started again, plan on using Carrol/Ranger/Vuckic as my 3 attackers since their potential is amazing, gonna get them some early exp before i hit the premier league, also kadar in def instead of colloccini(sold).

Anyways will this ruin the tactic do you think? also the two midfielders, is it better to tweak them based on stats, so adv playmaker/b2b mid/ deeplying etc or just keep em standard mid(attacking).

About 15 games in so far and top by 1 point, not bad but getting alot of 1-0's and draws.

Using the final tactic at the very bottom of the opening post btw...

cheers

I don't recommend changing because when i played around with the settings and positions the results where not as good as leaving it the way it is.

Saying that it's your game and your free to experiment as much as you would like too.

Forgot to ask mr hough in testing have you tested as low as the blue square premier??

i tested with blyth won my first 14 games on the bounce i know people have gone even lower league and had good results.

I'm confident it will work for majority teams.

Hi Fatalfury, good results there. Which version are you using??
Which team do you play whit?

The Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version.

The team I'm using is Spezia though but this is in the 2019-2020 season. And my team was stable for the last 3 to 4 years with one major addition. Main difference seems to have been getting a 31 year old Gonzalo Higuan on a free from Real Madrid. He had something like 48 goals and 25 assists playing in all competitions as the central striker.

ok might try the hough woody version with my afc wimbledon game then!! Has anyone a link to wolfgangs teamtalks at all??

thanks

here is wolfgangs teams talks. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183599

I'll warn you it's very wordy but give it a chance it seriously works and wolfgang has put so much effort and research into it.

I'm gonna whack it in the OP aswell.